PDA

View Full Version : Omega Information

Laguna
06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok, I recently set my friend a challenge: Beat Omega Weapon with no Invincible moon or holy wars/heroes/anything with that affect. Don't use The End either.

Oh how I laughed when Terra Break wiped out his party.

The next week he tried again. This time he junctions luck +50% to Squall and casts Shell and Protect on the entire party. Big deal. Terra Break comes up and..... Squall survives it? How? He should be very very very dead. Omega uses ultima next turn and kills him anyway.

Attempt the third. Irvine and Squall are now both on luck+50%. Both survive Terra Break, with the help of Protect and Shell.

What I want to know is just how is the damage on Terra Break affected? I thought it was a full party wipe unless you were invincible? Is it luck based? Or is it magical damage or physical damage?

If anyone knows anything about it, can they post it please. Terra Break can be survived! :D

Captain Maxx Power
06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
What I want to know is just how is the damage on Terra Break affected? I thought it was a full party wipe unless you were invincible? Is it luck based? Or is it magical damage or physical damage?

If anyone knows anything about it, can they post it please. Terra Break can be survived! :D

Terra Break is considered to be a physical attack by the game. As such it's possible to resist the damage using Protect (Protect automatically cuts any physical damage in half). However the best way by far to survive Terra Break is the "Defend" command. When used a character is impervious to any physical damage. Used just before Terra Break it allows the character to survive it without being in Invincible status. Of course it's entirely possible to kill Omega Weapon before he uses Terra Break altogether.

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:12 PM
So it's 100% Physical? Hmm, I'll check that out and see if I can get through with just protect.

What's interesting is how sometimes 1 character takes most of the hits and sometimes all 3 get wiped.

TheSpoonyBard
06-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Yep, Protect and Defend are the way to go. Having Luck+50% junctioned wouldn't affect how Terra Break works. The targets are determined randomly, so it is entirely possible for one character to take all the hits and the other two come away unscathed. You'd have to be very lucky for that to happen though.

Captain Maxx Power
06-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to add also that Summoning GF's just before Terra Break is cast can also aid in your survival, since the GF's will take the damage in your stead.

SHin_KOZuya191
06-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Well i might kill a few more of the boss like things and get gf and item. I tried Omega with just magic and not sure what else, so when my party members were dying i couldn't resurrected them D=.
I gpt up to Terra Break, and died...then i tried with inf life, and DIED!!!

Viator
06-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I ever beat Omega Weapon less than 1 minute,Use The End.
What a luck!

Ryushikaze
06-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Step 1- Aura on everyone.
Step 2- Cycle til limit.
Step 3- Kill.

Zeromus_X
06-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I never used those things any of the times I fought him. He isn't really that difficult.

Deo
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to add also that Summoning GF's just before Terra Break is cast can also aid in your survival, since the GF's will take the damage in your stead.

Well, I am the friend that Laguna is talking about and this is not true. Terra Break will go straight through your GF then the character who summoned him.

And I did eventually kill him without using The End or Invincible and without Lionhart as Squall just didn't use it. Doomtrain is so useful, he seriously owned his defence.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Just use Zell Armageddon fist and you beat him in a few minutes...

Rocket Edge
07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Terra Break can be simply resisted?!

Deo
07-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Not resisted, just toned down barely enough to keep you alive. I've had him use it as his second attack before, he can be a real bitch sometimes.

Mirage
07-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes, it can. The Defend command is your friend, as mentioned earlier.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-22-2006, 11:07 PM
you only need the protect for the physical scratching attacks, really. I didn't even know that Doomtrain was that good, did i waste three meltdowns? :(

Zeromus_X
07-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Defend or GF meat shield, either way. Omega isn't really that difficult.*

*Check my usernotes for ShadowHeart's strategy! :cat: