PDA

View Full Version : Decisions?

Chris
06-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Do you ever question the decisions you make sometimes? I guess it is human to do so. For myself, I often wonder if the decision I've made is the right one. I don't know how else to put it, yeah, I suppose that it is perfectly natural to question ones decisions. It is hard not to question them sometimes, but we all do our best, I suppose.

How good are you at making decisions? A friend of mine simply can not make any kind of decision, good or bad, she just don't have the ability to do so. I guess we all learn from experience, but it is so hard to make a decision, and especially to make the "right" decision.

So? Do you ever question the decisions you make?

Jess
06-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I find it really hard to make decisions. I usually linger around making them so I can think about 'Will I regret this later?' or 'Is this the best decision I could make, or could it be better?' or something like that. Usually once I've made the decisions I question them too - it's just what I'm like. :jess:

Essência
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I agree with u 2. Im not think only about if the desicion i made is correct or no, but if i had choose another way? I have to think very well before i make one.

Loony BoB
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I think it's a smart thing to do, especially with major decisions. The more you think about things, the better - so long as you don't get paranoid and cry at night about it. Just think on it, get all the information you can, and make the decision. You should question the decision before you make it, though, not afterwards. Retrospect might teach you that you should have done it wrong, though, which is a different thing altogether.

I have an okay time with making decisions. While I often talk to people about major decisions I have to make, I rarely do things based on other people's thoughts. I make my own decision, but I take on any insights they might have. Most of the time all the stuff they come up with, I've thought of already, though, so it's all good.

fire_of_avalon
06-19-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm the type of person who makes up their mind and it stays made up, even if I realize half way through I've screwed up. I believe in going with your gut and facing the consequences later. Normally, my gut is right, but one thing I refuse to do is subject other people to my instincts. I understand that what I perceive as being the best course of action may not always be, so almost always allow other people to make a decision before me. If they choose to follow my lead, that's fine, but I won't force them into it.

Badge
06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty ruthless with my decisions, you want that Cloud figure? Just have it even though you'll be broke for a while. Lifes to short.But it's the longest thing you do!

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I always do question them, but its later on down the line that I start to question them.

Rye
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I question my decisions a lot, I don't usually have confidence in what I do. I'm too dependant on others to help me with my decisions, but I'm slowly pulling away from that, so I'm glad that I'm started to become more independant with my own decisions. :)

Resha
06-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Yes! Of course!

Until one day my friend said to me, "When in doubt, use PAPER PIECES!" And any decision I am incapable of taking or might regret, I write down on little PAPER PIECES; shut my eyes and pick.

Life = simpler.

Tavrobel
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I usually think twice about my decisions. Even after they've already been done, but what happens is what happens. If you do something dumb, fix it.