PDA

View Full Version : Nah, It Is Not That Bad.

Chris
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I didn't really use to like Grace Jones' best of collection, Island Life, I've always thought that it had way too few tracks. But today, I listened to it all the way through for the first time in a very long time, and it is actually not that bad at all. I kinda used to dismiss it, but now I can't stop listening to it. I guess it has grown on be during all the years I've had it.

Do you ever dig up some ridiculously old record you initially thought was bad, and then listen to it again to find that is it actually a pretty good record after all?

I have like 500 LPs stacked in my basement, so I sometimes go "record" hunting for some of my old records. Many of them belonged to my father, so most of them are very, very, old.

Crushed Hope
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I did that not too long ago, because I had been on this Opeth hating spree and decided to reevaluate my stance on the band so I relistened to their albums and I don't hate them so much anymore. I still don't like them a whole lot, but they are not horrible.

Shoeberto
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Gorillaz' self-titled album. I used to think it was pretty meh compared to Demon Days, but then one day not long ago I listened through it again and it's brilliant.

Also, MC Frontalot's work. I've honestly tried picking the guy's music up and enjoying it about two or three times before but always found myself disliking it. I've found out that it's because the original version of his signature track sucks, and I'd always go for that first, which turned me off. His other stuff is soooooo good, though.

Cz
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Gorillaz' self-titled album. I used to think it was pretty meh compared to Demon Days, but then one day not long ago I listened through it again and it's brilliant.I've never been too fond of their debut album, and haven't listened to it in ages. I ought to try listening to it again and see if it's grown on me.

I used to think The Libertines' Up The Bracket was on overhyped album, but one day I went back and listened to it, and somehow it just clicked. There's probably plenty of stuff in my collection that I never gave a chance. I ought to delve through it again sometime.

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Although I'm a pretty big Flaming Lips fan, I used to utterly refuse to listen any of their earlier stuff. It took a while to warm up to it, but it's not bad. It's not necessarily really good either, but it's alright. I personally think that their first truly outstanding album would be Clouds Taste Metallic (1995) and it just gets better from there. Anything before that is just good, at best.