PDA

View Full Version : I killed Warmech

Cinda
06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I killed him in three rounds...lost my Ninja but I put him in the front row as a body shield so my knight and master didn't die :p
Just thought I'd share that with everyone...at level 27!!!

Captain Maxx Power
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Congratulations. Three rounds is very fast. What version of the game was this?

Cinda
06-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Original NES rom. Had a knight, ninja, master and red wizard.

Peter_20
06-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, that's cool.
I remember my very first encounter with this thing, I was running around forever in the Floating Castle, at LV30, and suddenly he appeared, and I went "WOW! It's HIM! Now... I'm gonna DO something!"
So I started attacking with my Knight and my Ninja, and had my White Wizard and Black Wizard heal with HEL3 and the Heal Helmet.
Then they died, and all healing was gone.
I just went berserk on him, whatever, and then they died as well. :rolleyes2

Instant Game Over; but actually, the Game Over Theme is beautiful, so I didn't really mind. :p

Chzn8r
06-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I've had the fortune of never meeting up with him on my first runs up to Tiamat (when I'm only level 23-24), though at level 27+ he's much easier and I will go up to the sky castle on purpose just to fight him (mainly bragging rights, but the experience up there is also really good). I think, just because of his low occurence rate, I've only killed him 2 or 3 times.

scrumpleberry
06-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I've never met him, thank god... I don't think I would need him for the exp. ...how much does he give, incedentally?

Dr Unne
06-24-2006, 11:12 PM
32,000 XP total. 8,000 per character if they all survive. Though I find that they rarely do.

eestlinc
06-27-2006, 04:54 AM
I remember the first time I beat Warmech all I had left was one knight. I tried to escape to the overworld to save and revive. I made it all the way out of the tower and then on my first step into the desert I got attacked by some ankylos and died. I was so sad.

Sefie1999AD
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I've beat WarMech on levels 30-40, I think, without any character dying against him. In the NES version, he has 1000 HP, so a Knight with Excalibur and Fast will destroy him pretty quickly. I don't think he's much harder in the other versions, although he has more HP and Auto-Regen there, and he's a lot harder to find. Anyway, well done for defeating WarMech at such a low level! :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I just beat Warmech today on my very first go (Origins). I spent about twenty minutes walking on the bridge before he finally showed up. It was rather tough since I had to go through the whole dungeon and Tiamat beforehand without using my best magic. I only lost one member in the battle. After defeating Warmech I did a memo save and headed for the exit and the son of a ***** showed up again and whooped my party

Lawr
07-03-2006, 03:25 PM
ROFLMFAO

Blank
07-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I killed him in three rounds...lost my Ninja but I put him in the front row as a body shield so my knight and master didn't die :p
Just thought I'd share that with everyone...at level 27!!!
is there a front and back row in Origins version???

Sefie1999AD
07-07-2006, 10:25 AM
No, there aren't any real front and back rows in any version of FF1. There's four positions where you can put each of your four characters, and the ones at the top usually get attacked by the enemies the most. That's why some might regard the top position as the front row.

gigames08
07-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Really? The top position's the front row? That's strange.

Blank
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Really? The top position's the front row? That's strange.
well if you think about it, the top is literally closer to the enemies, it being a diagnol line, putting the bottom person farthest from the enemy

it sounds like kindof a guess but i support it fully. my top guy always gets battered the most

BottledJustice
07-09-2006, 09:36 AM
I remember when I was leveling up my single Black Belt last time I played one, I altered my ROM so that Warmech would attack something like 50% of the time on the first floor of Ice Cave. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about it too hard, and I copied the rom several times so that I could have several parties going on different games. Let's just say Ice Cave with a level 15 party is indescribly hard with Warmech prowling around. I'd change it back, but I'm too lazy to find what the original battles were. Meh. :rolleyes2

theundeadhero
07-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Whenever I feel like maxing out the levels of an original NES party I'll usually start about level 23 and walk up and down that hall fighting everything, to include Warmech. It's not easy keeping everyone alive at first but it's possible.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 06:05 AM
I get pissed when I play my FF NES cartridge because every time I do a new game I always encounter WarMech/Death Machine when I'm on the way to Tiamat. I usually get to run away though....

I can never encounter it in Origins/DoS.

I'm too afraid to fight this thing normally, so it'll probably be the only FF megaboss I'll never kill. xD

*Autumn*
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Try Penance.

Fireblade13
07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I just beat Warmech today on my very first go (Origins). I spent about twenty minutes walking on the bridge before he finally showed up. It was rather tough since I had to go through the whole dungeon and Tiamat beforehand without using my best magic. I only lost one member in the battle. After defeating Warmech I did a memo save and headed for the exit and the son of a ***** showed up again and whooped my party

Ah that is hilarious. :D I havent tried for Warmech yet but he hasnt showed when i'm going after tiamet so ohwell.