PDA

View Full Version : Tips?

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM
helloooo! I turn 15 thursday and I was going to go out and get FFIX. Any tips before I start playing? This will be my sixth FF. (and of course no spoilers please)

Flying Mullet
06-19-2006, 06:16 PM
1) Don't die
2) Use potions when your hit points get low

Darth Cid
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Zidane: There is an ability called Auto-Regen, once you get that ability on all your characters it defeats the purpose of a white mage.

Captain Maxx Power
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Steal with Zidane at every opportunity. Later on you'll get a skill that will take advantage of this. Also take the time to engage yourself in the Chocobo side quest during the game rather than at the end. The items you can find whilst playing via the Chocobo really help out. O, and make sure you spend time mastering the abilities available to you, and equip as many +stat equipments (that's speed, strength, spirit and magic) just before you level up.

Quindiana Jones
06-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Do absolutely everything. Read everything in detail. Don't let any little thing slip. Learn every ability you can. When running low on money, come back on the forums and ask for the little trick :D

Chris
06-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Advice:

- Talk to every creature you meet

- Search every inch of the world

- Always stock up on items

- Be sure to equip each character with his/ her strongest equipment (the game can do this for you, but I recommend that you do it yourself)
- Check their individual abilities

Ace14
06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Steal from bosses until they have nothing left,
Get Quina in Qu's Marsh before Grizumluke's Grotto,
Equip strongest weapons except in that one place,:D
Don't sell an ites until you learn all you can learn from it,
Try to fight a lot of battles, unless you're really weak, so you can get a lot of gil,
when you have Quina in your party catch frogs in Qu's marsh,
when you have enough money and items synth a lot of the jewels you use to summon to make your summons stronger.

ScottNUMBERS
06-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Complete it in 12 hours else you miss out on the Excalibur II

Crossblades
06-19-2006, 11:52 PM
If possible, buy every weapon and armor to learn it's abilities. Also, do the entire Chocobo hot and cold sidequest so you can get awesome treasure

Eiko Guy
06-20-2006, 12:11 AM
have patience cuz you'll want tokeep equipment til you learned all of it and sometimes patience is fleeting and later o remember DO NOT EVER SELL THE OCTAGON ROD CUZ YOU'LL NEVER GET IT AGAIN

Levian
06-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Light the candle.

Chris
06-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Light the candle.
That's pretty good advice. xD

Be sure to light any candle you come across in the game.

:D

Rantz
06-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Complete it in more than twelve hours, else you miss out on everything else in the game. :p

Chris
06-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Complete it in more than twelve hours, else you miss out on everything else in the game. :p
I agree. Do not do this, and especially not on your first playthrough.

Darth Cid
06-20-2006, 03:34 AM
I agree. Do not do this, and especially not on your first playthrough.

Zidane I also concur, perform the sidequests first play around then if you try a second play around, gun it to less and get Exculibur II, but the first playthrough is something special.

Prancing Mad
06-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Stealing in this game is actually nice 'cause it actually works a lot more often. Also, enemies can have 3 things to steal in their inventory.

Jessweeee♪
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank you so much. I'll be sure to check back here later when I actually have the game and can understand what you all are talking about.