PDA

View Full Version : Help?

d3ath5_gir1
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm playing for my first time, and I'm on disc 2. I had been stuck at the part where you have to cross at the right time lest the wind knock you back, so I came here for advice (and found out I just had to be patient and pay attention.. whoops.) Well, now I just got the Highwind, and after reading this site a bit, I decided that I was going to go get Vincent and Yuffie (sp?)... Except I can't land the airship. The man onboard says to press [cancel] to land it, which (I'm assuming?) is X... but that doesn't do anything. Neither do any of the other buttons, except toggle the map and zoom to the bridge... Is there a trick to landing that thing? Does it have to be in a special spot, or at a certain height? Or am I just technologically retarded?

Thanks for any advice in advance

crazybayman
06-19-2006, 07:36 PM
In order to land it, you have to be at the view of the world map. So if your on the main bridge, and the pilot asks you if you want to take off, say yes. When you've got the view of the world map, hit the cancel button then, and that'll land the ship. Menu button will take you to the bridge, cancel will land the highwind.

Xurts
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm playing for my first time, and I'm on disc 2. I had been stuck at the part where you have to cross at the right time lest the wind knock you back, so I came here for advice (and found out I just had to be patient and pay attention.. whoops.) Well, now I just got the Highwind, and after reading this site a bit, I decided that I was going to go get Vincent and Yuffie (sp?)... Except I can't land the airship. The man onboard says to press [cancel] to land it, which (I'm assuming?) is X... but that doesn't do anything. Neither do any of the other buttons, except toggle the map and zoom to the bridge... Is there a trick to landing that thing? Does it have to be in a special spot, or at a certain height? Or am I just technologically retarded?

Thanks for any advice in advance
You can only land the Highwind on flat plains. You cannot land it on the shores, forests, mountains, or deserts. Only the flat, green plains.

d3ath5_gir1
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I tried that, it didn't work. Do I have to be on top of a city, or will it land anywhere?

It's kind of frustrating me. lol.

d3ath5_gir1
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Ahhh okay. *runs to try it.* heh.

Xurts
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
The only time you can "land" on a city is at the end of the 2nd disk when you return to Midgar.

d3ath5_gir1
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes! Thanks so much, Xurts. Apparently, I was trying every EXCEPT for plain grassland.. -sigh- Blonde moment. Thanks again! :)

Xurts
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes! Thanks so much, Xurts. Apparently, I was trying every EXCEPT for plain grassland.. -sigh- Blonde moment. Thanks again! :)
No problem. ^_^

CHOCOBO KEV
07-02-2006, 12:59 PM
you can also land on the small snowy area just beside the city of the anchients if thats any help. :kaocheer: