PDA

View Full Version : how to beat them

Eiko Guy
06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
how do i beat the monster that you have to fight while your on the airship? you fight all these flying things and then you see that squid then he kills me! and what about the boss after him?

Flying Mullet
06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm assuming that you're talking about Ultros and Chupon. Ultros is weak against Bolt (I think) and after you take enough hit points off of him, be calls his budy, Chupon, into battle. Once you take off enough hit points off of Chupon he sneezes you off, and you will encounter the Air Force as you fall down. Just use your most powerful magic and attacks on it. If the Air Force summons Speck, be sure to kill it with physical attacks first as it absorbs magic attacks. Once the Air Force is defeated you'll land on the Floating Continent and continue on your adventure.

Tavrobel
06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Vanish/Doom, or Vanish/X-Zone. But that might mess the game up a bit, as the battle either ends in your crushing their hides, or being sneezed off the platform.

I recall one hearing that if you did the Vanishing trick, you didn't have to fight the Air Force, but I could be wrong. You are not actually supposed to defeat Ultros and Chupon, but you ARE supposed to defeat the Air Forces.

Eiko Guy
06-19-2006, 10:51 PM
im a ultra noob at this game what are vanish doom and x-zone

Flying Mullet
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Spells.

It's commonly referred to as the "Vanish/Doom" or "Vanish/X-Zone" trick. When someone has Vanish cast on them, they are near impervious to physical attacks but extremely vulnerable to magic attacks. So if you cast Vanish on an enemy, including a boss, it typically works, and they are now vulnerable to magic attacks. Then cast Doom or X-Zone, which are instant death spells, and they work 99% of the time, killing the boss instantly.

Some consider this a great strategy, while others consider it a cheat. It's up to you how you want to play.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-19-2006, 11:24 PM
He's an octopus, not a squid.

Crossblades
06-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Make sure you have high level bolt spells

Christmas
12-19-2022, 12:51 AM
He's an octopus, not a squid.

With lots of suckers on its tentacles. :chocobo: