PDA

View Full Version : The Spam Thread

Shoden
06-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Does anyone here actually like spam? By spam I mean that horrible meaty item that is sold in tins. I tasted it, it has to be one of my yuckiest things I have tasted. So what do you think of it? I'm being pretty serious here, I was almost sick it was so bad. *checks use by date* .... errr.... =/

RSL
06-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I've never eaten it. I don't think I ever will.

DK
06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
It's lovely. Like a little piece of heaven in a can. It's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone is invited! But different from the parties I have on a weekend where everyones invited to my mouth. But we shant talk of those.

Shoden
06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't recommend it either, unless it happens to be a random bet you and a friend made and you're offered a good amount of money, if that were my position I'd gladly eat some.

Yamaneko
06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I think RSL would've felt more at home in "The Ham Thread".

Shoden
06-20-2006, 12:01 AM
What exactly is spam anyway? Something so vile has to be some sort of meat. It's ham and pork right?

RSL
06-20-2006, 12:01 AM
I think RSL would've felt more at home in "The Ham Thread".

You got that right. Why have spam when you can have ham?

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
My little sister says: "it's horrible, it's disgusting, it's just crap." I believe her.

Captain Maxx Power
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Spam's best used in the creation of hash browns. My gran does some mean hash browns. Also spam-fritters are a work of genius (though I swear they sometimes use a meat of a slightly higher grade than spam, which is just wrong).

Shoden
06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Shove some butter on it then you'll see it can be worse. I recommend being in the bathroom for this because it's gonna be a baaaaad experience.

Dignified Pauper
06-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Net Ham is a highly superior name for spam.

Leeza
06-20-2006, 12:10 AM
If you don't think about what you're eating it actually tastes quite good if it's all fried up. :)

mooglebunni608
06-20-2006, 12:11 AM
it looks like ham-flavored ice cream, so I refuse to touch it.

Shauna
06-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Mum and Dad both hate it, so it'll never get bought for me! :D

Chris
06-20-2006, 12:19 AM
It's not that bad to be honest. I usually eat it with some eggs and oregano.

SammieBabe
06-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm afraid that it'll cause birth defects or something...

escobert
06-20-2006, 12:21 AM
EWWW NO

Dignified Pauper
06-20-2006, 12:22 AM
It's not that bad to be honest. I usually eat it with some eggs and oregano.

i expected nothing less from you.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-20-2006, 12:43 AM
I've never tried it myself. I think I'll have to ask the Monty Python crew for their opinions...

Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife: I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Jojee
06-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Yum!!! We used to have it all the time in China ^_^;; Haven't really had it much in the US of A.

GhandiOwnsYou
06-20-2006, 07:15 AM
I had Spam and Waffles just last night. twere delicious. It's like an all pork and ham vienna sausage. at least with spam I know that the ground up Grade E meat that was leftover in the trimming bucket is all from a pig, rather than a combination of pig, turkey, chicken, and beef. DELICIOUS!

Rase
06-20-2006, 08:09 AM
I don't like it at all. My grandmother made little Spam appetizer things once and I had to eat them to be polite. :(

Miriel
06-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Spam musubi is FANTASTIC. I love it.

G SpOtZ
06-20-2006, 08:13 AM
My posts sure seem to be obsessed with spam.

Awrini
06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Spam is well, SPAM! *goes off to find a giant can of SPAM*

starseeker
06-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam; WONDERFUL SPAM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnHE85HPCq4)
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.
I don't mind spam. It was okay in school dinners

-N-
06-20-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm not much for spam, really. I just do it to be cool. It's like a drug.

Reine
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Never tried it. Never will.

No discussion

Monster Hunt
06-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Spam... ...............................? I only know the 'blah blah irrelevant stuff' one. Maybe they called the irrelevant stuff spam, spam because the meat spam tasted so bad they decided that the irrelevant stuff spam should be named after it.

starseeker
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Watch the sketch I linked to. It explains a lot.

KentaRawr!
06-21-2006, 04:37 AM
lol

Nah, I don't spam. I thought up wonderful ideas for it, but they never became the light of monitors everywhere. :( For example, I was just going to put "lol" in my post, but I decided to put in all this text. >=/