PDA

View Full Version : Question about Final Fantasy Origins' Version of FF1

Vincent, Thunder God
06-20-2006, 02:15 AM
To unlock some of the special features, I have to beat FF1 on both easy and hard. I played it on hard first, because at the time I didn't know that I had to play them twice to unlock everything, and I wanted to be as true as possible to the original Famicom version. Now I'm going to replay it at some point to unlock everything, but how do I do it?

I heard that you when you finish one version you have to save it's progress. I also found out when I tried to load my completed version it asked me for difficulty setting. Does this mean I have use my old save to start a new game, then save it on my old, completed file, or start a new game straight from the menu, and save it on a seperate file to get all the unlockables? Does it even matter? :confused:

I'm only asking because I want all my unlockables to be 100% complete, not because I particularly want to replay the game, and there's no way I'm replaying the game before I'm completely sure about this. I could have checked a lot of walkthroughs for this info, but the ones I have checked didn't explain this fully. Anybody who knows what to do?

Evastio
06-20-2006, 02:23 AM
You're going to have to start a file on Easy Mode from your completed file to get 100% in the Photo Gallery. You can get 100% in the Artwork Gallery by completing the bestiary and treasure list.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-20-2006, 02:33 AM
You're going to have to start a file on Easy Mode from your completed file to get 100% in the Photo Gallery. You can get 100% in the Artwork Gallery by completing the bestiary and treasure list.

Thanks for the quick reply. :D That was fast.

I was so close to completing both of those lists. The item list and bestiary were like in the late 90s, but a) I couldn't find the Warmech and b) when I went to kill Chaos the first time, I had all the last items collected, but then my Warrior died, I didn't have the MP to revive him, and when I was about to load the memo I saved it instead !!! :mad2: I couldn't beat Chaos without him, so then I had to load my backup save from before "going back in time", but even though I beat Chaos the second time I forgot to get those final items! I'll have to do that in my next game.

Another question: will I have to collect all the items again in my new game, or just the ones I missed?

Evastio
06-20-2006, 02:38 AM
You'll only have to collect the one's you missed. It'll still keep track of the treasures you got before.

Besides Warmech, there's also the Iron Golem (Chaos Temple B4), Tyrannosaur (Forest near Lufenian Lake), and the Ochre Jelly (Terra Cavern B3-B5) to watch out for as well.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-20-2006, 02:54 AM
You'll only have to collect the one's you missed. It'll still keep track of the treasures you got before.

It'll keep track of everything? Great!!!

Besides Warmech, there's also the Iron Golem (Chaos Temple B4), Tyrannosaur (Forest near Lufenian Lake), and the Ochre Jelly (Terra Cavern B3-B5) to watch out for as well.

Yep, I think I got everything except Warmech. I got Tyrannosaur suprisingly easily, I just read up the spot where he specifically is and BOOM, got him in like 10 battles. Both him and Warmech are pretty close in the supposed chance to find them (I think Tyrannosaur is 1/62 and Warmech is 1/64) but I got "Ty" very quickly and Warmech I just couldn't find. Any tips other than just walking around in Tiamat's room?

Evastio
06-20-2006, 03:01 AM
I usually encounter Warmech on the bridge part of Tiamat's room below where Tiamat was.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-20-2006, 03:58 AM
I usually encounter Warmech on the bridge part of Tiamat's room below where Tiamat was.

Ok thanks a lot dude for everything! That was a lot of help.

Apparently Warmech is a lot easier to get in Dos. One person said a while back that they always encounter him right away while heading to take on Tiamat while playing Dos. I'm playing on FF Origins, of course.

Blank
07-11-2006, 09:02 PM
so you have to beat the whole game once on both Normal and Easy to get all 16 pics of the Photo gallery?

cos i beat it on Normal, so to get the rest of the photo gallery, i have to start a new game with the completed save under EASY and not NORMAL?

that makes it easier (=

i thought i'd have to beat it twice on Normal, but one of each, normal and easy, makes it more fun