PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

finalfantasykadajcloud
06-20-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm new :) Ok well I've had FFVII for a while and I JUST started playing @.@ and I'm at Cosmo Canyon (first disk) where you choose your party then go visit RedXIII's Grandfather and they say "Look a shooting star!!" Well (I have Tifa and Aeris on my team) Aeris says that then points at the sky but it freezes! Sort of.. She still blinks and the music keeps going, but I think your supposed to see a star go across? Well I just took it to Game Crazy and got it cleaned and now I'm playing it again but it's doing the same thing!! Is it a bug or WHAT??! This is making me CRAZY!!:mad2: PLEASE HELP!!

No one knows? Pleeease help me! I really want to know!!!

XxSephirothxX
06-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Sounds scratched to me. Try it again and make absolutely sure you can't do anything, and if cleaning it doesn't fix it, just buy another copy. You can probably find it for 10 bucks or less. No need to double post, by the way. :p

bipper
06-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Don't count out the fact that it could the the PS hardware. Clean the lens, etc. Try the game in other playstations.

Flying Mullet
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
What should happen in that situation is after they say "Look at that star", or whatever, the screen will pan to the sky in a pseudo-FMV and show a shooting star go across the sky, and a tear falls from Red XIII's father's eye I believe.

Levian
06-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, my game used to freeze at that exact point too. It seems to be working again now though. Do you have a friend that has a FFVII disc? borrow it to get through that spot.

bipper
06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
You know, now that I think of it I have heard of this same freeze before. Infact, I am sure it froze there for me on one of my playstations. *googles*

blue phoenix
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
yup, replace it with the 2nd/3rd disc and you see a different cutscene but the game will continue on!!

serious. i seen the cargo ship taking off from junon then it just went back to the obsevatory and it continued on like normal.

bipper
06-20-2006, 02:58 PM
http://forums.eidosgames.com/archive/index.php/t-31251.html

Glad you got it working. Google spit out this thread. I would assume since you made it this far you have applied any necessary patches (ie the winxp patch)

Bipper

o_O
06-20-2006, 10:34 PM
The game also froze for me there. Go figure.

If there are scratches on the disc:
Since the scratch is not on the layer of the CD containing the data, only on the plastic protection layer, the laser will be diverted from the 'real' data, and sent to some other area of the disc by the scratch.
A quick and dirty way to 'repair' CDs is to cover any scratches on it with a fine layer of toothpaste. Yes, toothpaste. It fills in any scratches, and allows the laser to pass directly through the point accurately.

Though this particular bug is a pretty common one, and likely not a fault of the disc. If you're running the PC version, I've noticed some people getting it going only after combining all three fixes from Eidos.

finalfantasykadajcloud
06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks this really helped! ^.^ I am using the playstation :) and I have been trying it on my PS2 but I got my PS1 back recently and tried it on there when it was really clean and you can hear the PS working really hard but it STILL freezes!! Well are FF8 doesn't work either, heh. Well we have two of the FF8 disks so we will try the toothpaste theory! Thanks for all of your advice!