PDA

View Full Version : RPG Characters

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-20-2006, 05:34 AM
Has there ever been a character in a role-playing-game that you had wanted to join your party but didn't? Personally I wanted Luce in Neverwinter Nights to join my party but she didn't.*Sigh*:(

Reine
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
The only one to come to mind is Alex from Golden Sun

After finishing part one, i saw four people on that island...a fire adept, an earth adept, a wind adept.....and a water adept!

I got all excited for nothing, getting shafted with Piers (getting him so late in the game sucked HARD)

Vermachtnis
06-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Kato in Shadow Hearts, he showed up in the end. I played Covenant first and had assumed he did.

Jenna Angel in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga II. I was will pining to play as the final boss. Not the final, final boss, but either the first or second or first or second phase.

Just about everyone else in SMT: DDS2. When I saw that cutscene near the end of the game, it looked like we'd get Jinana, Lupa, Roland, AND Heat.

And what Reine said about Alex in Golden Sun. I think almost everyone wanted Alex over Peirs.

Alixsar
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
And what Reine said about Alex in Golden Sun. I think almost everyone wanted Alex over Peirs.

This is true, but it would made Golden Sun 2 a completely different game and Alex would've ended up being a different character, so it's probably best it worked out this way.

I wanted Dias my first time through Star Ocean 2, but I couldn't get him since I took Claude as my main character. I took him my second time through...unfortunately, I liked the people I used the first time (Claude/Rena/Ashton/Leon) way more than the people I took the second time (Claude/Rena/Dias/Opera). But oh well.

I really wanted to get Killey in Suikoden V, but I messed up and was unable to get him. I need to replay that at some point...

escobert
06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
I wish Reeno would have joined the crew in FFVII

TurkSlayer
06-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Marcus in FFIX. He was playable temporarily, but I wanted him to stay so badly.

Like they said before, Alex in Golden Sun 2. It would have screwed up the story, but it would have been great.

Luzzu in FFX. Don't ask why, I just did. He was always one of my favorites in that game.

Biggs, Seigfried, Leo and Ultros in FFVI. I thought Sieg, Leo and Ultros were really cool/funny characters, and would be fun as permanent members. As for Biggs... I just wanted an Imperial soldier in my party.

I've got plenty of others, but it would take too long to write them. I always want characters I can't have in games.

Markus. D
06-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I wish Reeno would have joined the crew in FFVII

*cough* FFVII Before Crisis right?

ummmmm, Kafra Staff in RO :)

Roto13
06-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Well, I spent half of Tales of Legendia screaming "Dammit, Walter! Join my party!" But at this point, it looks like it's not happening. He'd be so much better than half of the actual party members. >_>

Doomie
06-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Lloyd in LoD and Dario in Chrono Cross are the only ones that come to mind.

Lawr
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah Lloyd in Lod. But I whooped his ass and he fell off a bridge. Oh yeah and Beatrix(ce?) in FF9 You get to use here temporarily though. Even thhough Steiner gets her moves.

Dreddz
06-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Beatrix in FFIX. Would of been cool for her to be a party member, but a little silly seeing as she is almost identical to Steiner.

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Cloud and Leon in Kingdom Hearts.

DanteV9
07-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Feizhi(I think that's her name) and Alex from Golden Sun. It's a real shame they didn't join.

NeoCracker
07-02-2006, 12:34 AM
I wish in Lufia 2 you could keep Deckar in your party. He was plain awsome.

oddler
07-02-2006, 05:04 AM
I wish you could have both Ashton and Opera in Star Ocean: The Second Story. Opera rules but Earnest is practically useless to me. I just think that would have been a nice combination.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-02-2006, 06:53 AM
I've always wanted Ilchymis from Skies of Arcadia to be a party member. He does join your crew, but he looks like he could dish out some pretty awesome spells. I suppose stocking an item shop with nearly everything you would need for a dungeon is good, too.

I wanted Paul from Final Fantasy II as well. There really was no good Thief-type character in the game, (Leila doesn't count, because she's awful), and I spent 75% of the game thinking, "Just join my bloody party already!"

I really wish you could have had Golbez as one of your party members in Final Fantasy IV. I feel that he could easily put Rydia and Palom to shame because he looks much cooler, not to mention he would probably be more powerful. Using GameShark does not count.

NeoCracker
07-02-2006, 07:44 AM
No one would be cooler too have in IV than Rydia, if Golbez replaced here I'd have a few words with Square. Then I'd kill them.

Venom
07-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Lloyd in LoD and Dario in Chrono Cross are the only ones that come to mind.

Whoa, same here.

Other than those two probably Jane Maxwell and Mgdullan from the first Wild Arms.

KoShiatar
07-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Patti in Breath of Fire II.

BG-57
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Rubicant in FFIV.

Edea in FFVIII. For more than a little while; she was absolutely awesome to have.

Gafgarion and Olan in FFT. As more than Guests.

Crossblades
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Yuan from Tales of Symphonia
Leo from FF VI
Paul from FF II
Piastol from Skies of Arcadia Legends

Angi-Kaiser
07-25-2006, 04:40 PM
General Leo from FF6

Ray from Breath of Fire 2

Paul, from FF2 (I would have liked him a lot more than Gordan)

I Took the Red Pill
07-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Miguel from Chrono Cross.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Has there ever been a character in a role-playing-game that you had wanted to join your party but didn't?

uhh like in every RPG ever, lol

some of the ones that spring to mind
-FF7 ~Sephiroth
-Chrono Trigger ~Schala
-FFT ~Elmdor
-FF X-2 ~LuLu

Markus. D
07-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Has there ever been a character in a role-playing-game that you had wanted to join your party but didn't?

uhh like in every RPG ever, lol

some of the ones that spring to mind
-FF7 ~Sephiroth - He does in that little piece of flashback

-FF X-2 ~LuLu - International + Last Mission

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Whoa Whoa, you get LuLu as a playable character in the "International + Last Mission" ???????

omg sigh, i was soo born in the wrong nationality. Damn us retarded North americans.

i wish i could get that in Canada. :(

DoaJ
07-28-2006, 06:34 AM
I wanted Matthew's chick ally; thief person to join in Fire Emblem. She looked so cool! Then she died.
And I wanted that Elw chick to join from Wild Arms 1....why cant I remember anybody's name? lol And Ziekfried.........he was wicked awesome.
In FFVIII I wish Edea, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward all ended up on team.
In FFVII I wanted Rufus...or some Shinra employees to join at the end when they all join forces to take down the WEAPONS..