PDA

View Full Version : Agony

rubah
06-20-2006, 05:34 AM
okay, so I toured a <a href="http://www.uark.edu">College campus</a> today and when Ig ot home, it was late late evening after sunset.

It was hot from after walking around outside all afternoon so I changed into something cooler.

In due time, I realized that several mosquitos, (or maybe one really thirsty one) had followed us inside. And had fested repeatedly upon my naked flesh (well the part that was naked).

Now, I don't know about you folk, but I am thrown into the throes of extreme agony when bitten five times upon one leg and at least thrice upon the other.

After a relaxing bath of English Garden and baking soda, and some hydrocortisone ointment, I am sane enough again to be able to type this warning to you.

If you see a mosquito, kill it.

Don't kill spiders, snakes, chickens etc.

But when you see a mosquito, kill it.

Even if you're an earth motha lovin' hippie. Smash it dead. Poison their breeding grounds with motor oil (my dad used to do this), invest in a bug zapper.

And for the love of God and the closest sexy being, don't scratch those welts that come up because you didn't find the mercy in your heart to kill the ;afjkads;glka'ers.

Xaven
06-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Will do, Q bah.

escobert
06-20-2006, 05:43 AM
I DON'T KILL NETHING DAT IS MEAN!

mooglebunni608
06-20-2006, 05:44 AM
thank you for the warning *smooshies mosquitos*

Jebus
06-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Mosquitoes don't like me.

*hasn't had a single mosquito bite in around six years*

G SpOtZ
06-20-2006, 05:49 AM
To get closer to the leader, you must become one and decieve them.

*takes off clothes and puts straw in mouth*

Must learn the way of the 'squito....

No, seriously though... I hate mosquitos too. You know there are bugs that eat mosquitos? I'm pretty sure it's those big mosquito-lookin bugs. Long legs, thing body, looks JUST like an overgrown mosquito, and flies into walls unwillingly. Or stupidly. Whatever. Yeah, those eat mosquitos I think.

One time, I caught a mosquito with one hand. I also made a Bruce Lee "yelp". WATCHA!!! *throws hand out to the side without looking, then clenches fist, and catches mosquito*

Avarice-ness
06-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Oh don't worry, I kill them like I'm out for a mass misquito genocide or something, I'm allergic to them so if I get attacked by them I feel like death for about a day, kind of like massive sinus headaches and what not. >=[ *shakes fists at misquitos*

kikimm
06-20-2006, 06:51 AM
I always have trouble killing them cause they're so big and I hate killing big things cause it's gross. But I do try. Especially cause mosquitos love me. I haven't seen any in awhile, though. Fleas are the equivalent, at the moment.

GhandiOwnsYou
06-20-2006, 07:20 AM
If you ever wanna see something hilarious, next time a mosquito bites you on the bicep, don't smack it. instead, flex your arm as hard as humanely possible and keep it flexed. the little bugger will get such a sudden rush of blood through it's poor little doomed mouth tube that it will quickly fill and finally, literally explode in what looks like a Soldier stepping on a land mine, at 1/1000th scale.

FYI: after you laugh at it's glorious gore filled death, make sure to squeeze the bite like you're popping a zit, elsewise the mouth tube will get stuck in there and the itch will be HORRENDOUS later.

Old Manus
06-20-2006, 07:29 AM
If one is already in the process of biting you, flick it away. One woman somewhere squashed it, all it's insides entered her body, she caught a virus and died

Avarice-ness
06-20-2006, 08:17 AM
If you ever wanna see something hilarious, next time a mosquito bites you on the bicep, don't smack it. instead, flex your arm as hard as humanely possible and keep it flexed. the little bugger will get such a sudden rush of blood through it's poor little doomed mouth tube that it will quickly fill and finally, literally explode in what looks like a Soldier stepping on a land mine, at 1/1000th scale.

FYI: after you laugh at it's glorious gore filled death, make sure to squeeze the bite like you're popping a zit, elsewise the mouth tube will get stuck in there and the itch will be HORRENDOUS later.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
You make me smile.

Yuffie514
06-20-2006, 08:45 AM
mosquitos are always after my blood. the area bitten will swell. i try to kill them in the air, since they're rather slow fliers to begin with...

-N-
06-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I wonder if mosquitos contribute in any manner to our ecosystem. I can't think of anything functional they do except spread disease. Seriously, let's make them extinct.

Rusty
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Do you know, mozzies are more attracted to blue than any other colour?

I just wear a few layers of aeroguard in summer. Works a dream.

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Hydrocortisone is more scary than any mosquito, because it can make you hairy.

Reine
06-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I hate the fuckers.

I must try that exploding 'squito thing though.

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Mosquitos deserve to die.

Giga Guess
06-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I always have trouble killing them cause they're so big and I hate killing big things cause it's gross. But I do try. Especially cause mosquitos love me. I haven't seen any in awhile, though. Fleas are the equivalent, at the moment.

Good lord, where do you live?! 'Skeeters around here are generally fairly small...

Rainecloud
06-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I kill all moving insects, especially ones that jump.

(As per order of my Partner).

kidney / theif
06-20-2006, 04:56 PM
If one is already in the process of biting you, flick it away. One woman somewhere squashed it, all it's insides entered her body, she caught a virus and died

WTF?! :eek:

SammieBabe
06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I second rubah's idea. We have mosquitos down here that are the size of your dog.
They are dirty, vile, disease-ridden creatures....

DarknessFromAbove
06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Evil little spaws of Satan . . . Smosh them all!

RPJesus
06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't think I get mosquitos around here. Or earthquakes, hurricanes, those evil bees, gun nuts. I ahve take something from this, so I'll just remember the food pyramid (3 servings of yoghurt, milk and cheeese!).

rubah
06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Uh? Whatever.

Seriously, I think you're being dumb because I've never heard of hydrocortizsone making anyone hairy :p Especially since it's applied topically in small areas? :p

http://www.medicinenet.com/hydrocortisone_valerate/article.htm

No mentions of hairiness there?

wihle I was sleeping, two of them went down and don't itch any more, but I made the mistake of wearing pajama pants that went down over my knees, so the one in that little joint behind my knee is big as anything ;.;;;;;;;;; I also scratched one open, experimentally and shoved a bunch of hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol in it xD It's about as big as a nickel now, but it's weeping and it makes me happy xD

Old Manus
06-20-2006, 08:12 PM

WTF?! :eek:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3906079.stm

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Uh? Whatever.

Seriously, I think you're being dumb because I've never heard of hydrocortizsone making anyone hairy :p Especially since it's applied topically in small areas? :p

I try to spare you hairyness, an you accuse me of being dumb! That's gratitude! Hydrocortisone contains steroids. Steroids can increase body hair. If you don't believe me you can see it listed here in the side effects. http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/rxdrugprofiles/drugs/hyd1199.shtml

bipper
06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I second rubah's idea. We have mosquitos down here that are the size of your dog.

So are people, but we are bigger than dogs :p

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 08:17 PM

PEople dont carry the west nile diease and spread it though....;) and they dont attack with out a reason as well usually.

bipper
06-20-2006, 08:19 PM

PEople dont carry the west nile diease and spread it though....;) and they dont attack with reason as well usually.

No.. not yet *cue music*

I have no remorse for you. I live right by minnesota, whose state bird is the friken skeeto.

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 08:20 PM

PEople dont carry the west nile diease and spread it though....;) and they dont attack with reason as well usually.

No.. not yet *cue music*

I have no remorse for you. I live right by minnesota, whose state bird is the friken skeeto.
Bipper stay away from them and the birds!!!!:eek:

Good luck bipper.:confused:

rubah
06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Uh? Whatever.

I try to spare you hairyness, an you accuse me of being dumb! That's gratitude! Hydrocortisone contains steroids. Steroids can increase body hair. If you don't believe me you can see it listed here in the side effects. http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/rxdrugprofiles/drugs/hyd1199.shtml
It's a replication of something the body makes though xD

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Uh? Whatever.

It's a replication of something the body makes though xDYes, but the dose is all important.

rubah
06-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Hydrocortisone ointment is a tiny dose? 0.02% is tiny

if you have a daub as long as a football field, the amount of steroid in it would be about seven inches wide, out of 3600 inches

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 08:43 PM
HAHAHAH. :tongue:

kidney / theif
06-20-2006, 09:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3906079.stm

I'm scared to go outside, now. :cry:

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Hydrocortisone ointment is a tiny dose? 0.02% is tiny

if you have a daub as long as a football field, the amount of steroid in it would be about seven inches wide, out of 3600 inches
Clearly that small amount is enough to have an effect. If it wasn't, there would be no point in it being there in the first place.

Rengori
06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
One of things I remember most vividly about Japan was the amount of mosquitoes there (at least by the base).

rubah
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
It's small enough to make an inflammation go down, not much else :p

Everything is poisonous in large doses, like beer, water, milk, babies. . .

Anaisa
06-20-2006, 11:01 PM
It's small enough to make an inflammation go down, not much else :p

Everything is poisonous in large doses, like beer, water, milk, babies. . .
Babies?! If the dose of steroid contained wasn't capable of causing an side effects. There wouldn't be any effects caused by steroids listed as a side effect to using it. An since from a medical perspective hairyness isn't really considered to be a serious side effect, you know that there must be alot of evidence to prove it, otherwise they wouldn't list it in the first place. Since the medical profession is very hesitant to list side effects that aren't damaging to you health wise.

o_O
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
The wisest thing to do with a mosquito in the process of feasting upon your blood, is to stretch the skin on either side of it in opposite directions. That way, its proboscis will get stuck in, and your pulse will force it to keep drinking and it will explode, covering you in your own blood and possibly someone else's.

lovehurts
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
The wisest thing to do with a mosquito in the process of feasting upon your blood, is to stretch the skin on either side of it in opposite directions. That way, its proboscis will get stuck in, and your pulse will force it to keep drinking and it will explode, covering you in your own blood and possibly someone else's.

My dad did that..I LOVE THAT SIG!

XxSephirothxX
06-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I had about 5-10 mosquito bites on Saturday, because people in my family don't seem to comprehend that doors are considerably more effective when closed. Mosquitos love me, so I usually get tons of bites when many other people have few or none; still, the itch is annoying but tolerable. I've never done something so drastic as take a bath to free myself from the 'agony.'