PDA

View Full Version : Many different Weapons

G13
06-20-2006, 06:28 AM
I've killed the white Weapon (whatever it's called) and Ultima Weapon with ease, but when I went to destoy Ruby, I got my ass handed to me. I heard Emerald Weapon is harder so I kept my distance from him. So, the reason I am posting, is that I need a good strategy for the remaining Weapon's. And no one say go to gamefaqs 'cause I've been there and done that and it's all a bunch of jibberish.

Zeromus_X
06-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, they are optional mega-bosses after all. (The 'white weapon' is 'Diamond WEAPON'.)

Personally, I believe Ruby Weapon is harder. You generally fight it alone, and it has an abnormally high body defence. Weapons won't cut it unless you max your stats, which would help anyway. Generally I see people using 4x Cut, and Many sets of Counter Mime to waste him. There's also casting Hades or using Dazers to stun him (Hades lasts a little bit longer), and Miming KOR W-Summons until it dies, with Final Attack/Revive to revive you. That's what I did when I beat them the first time. W-Iteming two Hero Drinks (or more) to increase stats to the max also helps. (I see alot of that, at the least.) What I did, was just use W-Summon, once on the tentacles, and once on the body. Then when the claws go back, when you mime it, the main body gets two KORs in his face. He will counter with an Ultima, but you should be wearing a Mystile anyway.

As for Emmy, KOR is another common (tedious) way of killing them. Another popular way is to use 8 Counter Mimes and waste it in one turn with Cloud, Cid, or Barret with 8 Full Omnislashes, Highwinds, or Angermaxes. (As you can see in the infamous Yarikomi video.)

Either way you do it, it requires a little bit of time with the Magic Pots to level up that Materia, since it usually requires pretty high-leveled advanced Materia. There are those that use other strategies, however.... :cat:

Xurts
06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Here are the strategies I used to take them down.
Ruby Weapon:

Equipment: Cloud: Wpn - Ultima Weapon, Arm - Mystile, Acc - Sprint Shoes
Materia: Ultima Weapon: MP Turbo = Master Summon, W-Summon, Mime, Master Summon = HP Absorb, MP Absorb = KOTR
Mystile: HP Plus, MP Plus, Final Attack = Phoenix, W-Item

Kill the other two characters in your party before you fight it, that way its Whirlsand technique will take the two KOed characters out of your party. Now ram into Ruby, and fight it. W-Summon KOTR. It won't do any damage, but after it's done, Ruby will stick his tentacles into the ground. Now he will be damaged, so W-Summon KOTR again. Then Mime it until Ruby falls. Every time you summon KOTR you will be restored to full HP and MP. If anything should go wrong (which it shouldn't), Phoenix will revive you.

Emerald Weapon:

Materia: Cloud: Ultima Weapon: MP Turbo = Master Summon, W-Summon, HP Absorb = KOTR
Mystile: HP Plus, MP Plus

< second character >: Wpn: Mime = HP Absorb
Arm: HP Plus, MP Plus

< third character >: Wpn: Mime = HP Absorb, Final Attack = Phoenix
Arm: HP Plus, MP Plus

I had so little Materia equipped because Emerald's Air Tam Storm does 1,111 damage for each Materia that is equipped. This way it doesn't kill anyone if they are at, or near full health.

Now, go fight Emerald. First, have Cloud W-Summon KOTR. Then have everyone else Mime it. Everytime it is mimed every character will be restored to full health. The only problem is that Cloud has no Mime, so he has to W-Summon KOTR when his turn comes. When his MP gets low, just use a Megalixir or Elixir. If anything goes wrong, Phoenix will revive you.

My characters' levels when I fought the Weapons were in the 80s, except Cloud, who was 93. That's why I had all of the Plus Materia equipped. You should also have all of the Materia Mastered. Since I was too lazy to Master KOTR the second time, I just linked that with MP Turbo. I didn't need to equip the Underwater Materia either. I thought I would since the KOTR animation is so blasted long, but I guess not. I had over 6 minutes left on the clock when Emerald dropped.

Of course, there are quicker ways to do this, but I just summoned KOTR a bunch of times. I'll beef up my characters more after I finish my playthrough of FF8, so I will try alternative strategies then.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-20-2006, 07:59 AM
I always thought Ruby was waaaaaaaay harder than Emerlad weapon (mainly because it didn't have a count down). i always used to find that KOTR takes far to long to summon, and it just gets on my nerves!

Mirage
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Um, whirlsand is only used when you have two or more characters alive, and the tentacles are not put down into the sand. If you enter the battle with only one character alive, it'll stab the tentacles into the sand and you can then revive them both without having to worry about whirlsand.
However, if you kill the tentacles later, it will use whirlsand again.

Also, he is only indesctructible while his tentacles are not in the sand.

Xurts
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Um, whirlsand is only used when you have two or more characters alive, and the tentacles are not put down into the sand. If you enter the battle with only one character alive, it'll stab the tentacles into the sand and you can then revive them both without having to worry about whirlsand.
However, if you kill the tentacles later, it will use whirlsand again.

Also, he is only indesctructible while his tentacles are not in the sand.
Negative. He still uses Whirlsand if you have two characters dead. He will use it to take both of them out of the battle. This is what he did when I fought him.

Mirage
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Negative. He did not do that when I fought him.

Xurts
06-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Negative. He did not do that when I fought him.
He must not like you then.