PDA

View Full Version : i spent all my time getting my cracter up to lv 99 on first stage

Final_Fantasy_Mysti_best
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
i did it by killing all badies with chaters egg sept farrie them got then to kill each other egg sept my main oneand i used first aid for 3 hours starit

tailz
06-20-2006, 08:45 AM
uhm do you have a new version or something on the one i have lvl 50 is max

Yuffie514
06-20-2006, 09:03 AM
according to your name and avatar, are you talking about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest? no character can reach past lv #50 in this game. even if characters could go beyond #50, levelling is no hard work at all, unless you rarely use a character...

Skyblade
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
according to your name and avatar, are you talking about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest? no character can reach past lv #50 in this game. even if characters could go beyond #50, levelling is no hard work at all, unless you rarely use a character...

If so, then the initial stage is extremely similar to the first stage of Final Fantasy Tactics advance, because he mentions the fairies, and spamming First Aid to level up. I haven't played (or even heard of) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, but I doubt it starts the same way.

However, if he was discussing Final Fantasy Tactics, he made a few errors. First, as you have both pointed out, 50 is the maximum level, which makes it unlikely that his claim is real, since any real player who tried to get to 99 would obviously know that you can't get past 50.

Furthermore, even if he raised his level to 50, he would actually be hindering himself somewhat in the rest of the game, due to the way the level of new clan members is decided. Since the level of all new members is the average of the level of your current clan members, he will find his new clan members won't be as nice as they could be. Rather than being able to level his characters up how he wants, he will be stuck with whatever the stats of their initial job is. This is particularly bad in the case of some of the special characters. Lini will be totally useless, since a level 50 Moogle who was trained completely as a Mog Knight will have so little speed as to be totally useless. The same problem applies to Quinn, since Sages also have a poor speed problem. And Ritz will be stuck with the Fencer stats, which, while not terrible, are nowhere near as nice as they could be. Furthermore, it will be impossible for his Blue Mages to learn Lv3 Def-Less, since no character above level 48 can learn that ability. Then too, you have a ton of level 50 characters with precisely diddly squat for abilities. You are going to have to spend just as many battles learning abilities as you would have had to in order to reach level 50 anyway. Also, anyone who has faced random clan encounters at level 50, they know that they are harder than many of the game's most powerful bosses. Having to face some of the later clans, like the Bloodthirsters, at level 50 with only pathetic abilities isn't something you should aim for if you are trying to make the game easier, which is what the point of powerleveling usually is.

So, while this isn't an impossible claim, it is unlikely, since the 50 level max is difficult to miss. However, even if he had reached it, it is far more of a hindrance than a help.

ScottNUMBERS
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
A hindrace?

Here's a scenario;
I start a new game on FFTA, and on the first mission - Picking herbs - I Leave one goblin alive (to minimise damage) and just spam First Aid until Marche is level 50, I then put the poor goblin out his misery. After the battle I dismiss all my level 3-5 characters and complete some more missions (with my super-duper level 50 character that my enemies can hit for a nice 1 damage if they're lucky) and oh look! It's a Character wanting to join my clan! And wow! He's level 25 this sure beats having my level 3-5s (Level 25 because of Montblanc not being able to spam anything (except items maybe) resulting in him being very insignificant to Marche in levels)

But you may argue that you wont be able to sufficiantly level these characters until the later stages of the game, and that makes a very good point but one thing's for sure; having level 25 characters is certainly not a hindrace.

And one more thing; I never had a problem with any of the characters that were trained as one specific job - in fact I found them to be better, What good is a Fighter if you trained it for levels as a Black Mage? My point being that any character trained as one job and nothing else is better at doing it's own job (e.g Defender = Defence, White mage = Magic or Sage = Attack, magic and a huge MP figure). That being said sometimes it is definatly better that you mix jobs so that it gains some other stats (e.g Paladin/White mage combination you may want to raise the Paladin as a White mage so that it gains some extra MP).

I'm done. :mog:

Fireblade13
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah certain classes are good compliment. Consider mixing a mog knight with the speedy juggler. Consider making the very weak black mage with the hardier white mage. Consider combining the wide area summoner with a one man targeting elementalist. I would't max my rank but i would put it high. But ability's are my fav. thing and the game would be to easy.

Final_Fantasy_Mysti_best
07-05-2006, 07:36 AM
i haked the game i got it on a emaletor and haked it

Llednar Twem
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah...Sure...

tailz
07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
go play the game normally if you want to experience the fun that is ffta.

even if its on an emulator but hacking it is cheap if you havent played it fair at least ones

ljkkjlcm9
07-05-2006, 05:07 PM
for those of you that said he might be talking about mystic quest, there are no fairies in that game, no first aid ability, and the max level in that game is 41 or maybe 42

Either way, that just seems kinda dumb and a waste of time

THE JACKEL

tailz
07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
well most of us havent played mystic quess (at least i didnt) so we dont know that, but thanks for poiting it out though.