PDA

View Full Version : Bandai Namco reveal three new Tales of... games

Crossblades
06-20-2006, 02:24 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2731

Last week, Bandai Namco announced a date for the unveiling of new entries into their acclaimed Tales of series. AllRPG got it's hands on the scans of the latest issue of V-Jump Magazine, and it reveals not one, not two, but three new Tales of games.

The first is an enhanced remake of Tales of Phantasia for the PSP. ToP recently enjoyed a re-release on the Gameboy Advance, and the jump to the PSP will come accompanied with full voice acting as well as a brand new anime intro.

The second is a new entry in the Tales of the World spin-off and will also launch with a 3D upgrade on Sony's PSP. Player's will be able to customize the look of the games protagonist.

Last, but not least, is a PS2 remake of Tales of Destiny, the first title in the series to debut in North America, and was originally on the Playstation console. Tales of Destiny for the PS2 will feature a revamped battle system, and new content added to the games quests.

Check back with AllRPG for more details soon, but until then, check out these screenshots:

http://www.allrpg.com/images/talesof/tales001.jpg

http://www.allrpg.com/images/talesof/tales002.jpg

The Tales of Destiny remake looks awesome. I hope it gets a US localization

~SapphireStar~
06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
And they are all for the PSP and PS2 :D SQUEE!!! I was almost going to buy Tales of Phantasia for the GBASP, good thing I didnt. Save my pennies for these beauties :D

Player's will be able to customize the look of the games protagonist.
That sounds sooo cool!

Crossblades
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
And they are all for the PSP and PS2 :D SQUEE!!! I was almost going to buy Tales of Phantasia for the GBASP, good thing I didnt. Save my pennies for these beauties :D

We don't even know if it's being released in the US. Namco Bandai is pretty stingy when it comes to releasing Tales games in the US

edczxcvbnm
06-20-2006, 03:17 PM
I like Tales of games but this is crap. Make new games instead of remaking(yet again) Tales of Phantasia. On top of that they choose to remake the worst Tales of game for the PS2 instead of the PS3.

Crossblades
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
A fourth Tales has been announced

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1321.html

Tales of Destiny 2: A PlayStation Portable remake of the series' best-selling PlayStation 2 installment, Tales of Destiny 2. Tales of Destiny 2 for PlayStation Portable will be available in Japan sometime in 2007.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-21-2006, 03:09 AM
If nothing else, I like that they're still using sprites for the ToD remake.

Reine
06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Hopefully PAL will get all these. But I wonder why we didnt get Legendia? We got Symphonia, Phantasia and Eternia, so why not Legendia? Unless its just taking a very long time...

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I wish it was for the DS though or a Gamecube collection thingy. Oh well.

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
It does frustrate me when the games dont get PAL releases. Yes I could chip my PS2 and import, but I cant afford it and my PS2 is slowly dying.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
If you can't afford to mod your PS2, you won't be able to afford four games, either.

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I think I will be able to afford all 4 because all 4 will most definitely be released at different dates. Plus my PS2 is almost dead anyway because it has trouble reading DVDs, PS1 & 2 disks, so it would be a waste of time chipping it.

Alixsar
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Tales of Destiny is by far my favorite Tales game, so I'm jazzed about the remake. Tales of Phantasia is cool but I've already beaten it on SNES, so whatever. And the Tales of the World game is never coming to America, so I don't care about it. I still wish Tales of Rebirth had come out over here. I really hate Namco sometimes.

Rostum
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, I've never played a Tales game, but I have Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2 sitting on my HDD as ISO files. So I may get around to playing them. =)

As far as I know, they've never been released in Australia, and there's no way I'm going to spend the cash to mod my systems and import.