PDA

View Full Version : Paula Abdul

Chris
06-20-2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.bluesbroads.com/Paula%20Abdul%201.jpg

Paula Abdul

I first got to learn about Paula Abdul way back, then she appeared on American Idol and yet again established herself as a superstar.

I've always loved her music; it's fresh (despite of being more than ten years old), catchy and so much fun. I really enjoy "Straight Up" but my favourite song has to be "Blowing Kisses in the Wind."

Watch her performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcrQH86zDpw) at the '89 Video Music Awards -- it will blow you away.

She doesn't have the biggest range, but her cartoony voice suits the kind of music she makes, or rather, made.

I don't know why she doesn't follow up on her "American Idol" fame with a new CD or single. She's gained a lot of new fans through that show, so a new CD sounds fairly logical.

Your thoughts on Paula Abdul?

Captain Maxx Power
06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Sorry, but Paula just irritates the life out of me. I felt accutely sorry for Simon who seemed to be in pain at certain points during American Idol. The one thing that annoyed me most on Idol were her "diplomatic answers", in that she very rarely said anything directly constructive about the act. If they were bad, she'd usually counter with something like "but you're great, you're a great person", when really you just wanted her to quit with the whole middle-ground nonsense and just give criticism.

Miriel
06-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I think she's hecka funny when she shows up to American Idol drunk and on drugs, sputtering incoherently and randomly bursting into tears.

MJN SEIFER
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
The only GOOD thing she's ever done is that inposement Music Video (The one with the dancing kittys)

Rocket Edge
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I think she's hecka funny when she shows up to American Idol drunk and on drugs, sputtering incoherently and randomly bursting into tears.
are you serious?

kidney / theif
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I think she's annoying & she can't sing. I'd punch her if I was Simon Cowell. :mad2:

Breine
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
I guess she's okay, but the reason why she's a judge on a major singing contest like American Idol is a mystery to me.

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
She's cute, I like her ;P

Pheesh
06-23-2006, 12:08 AM
didn't she sleep with one of the contestants? the old trollop.

Stay Essential
EE

Venom
06-23-2006, 12:10 AM
didn't she sleep with one of the contestants? the old trollop.

Stay Essential
EE

Apparently those accusations were false.

Chris
06-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, nothing more.

Did I mention that she's sold 32.4 mil. records?

:D

T-MaN
06-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't like her at all. If they show her on TV, I just think that show is now wasted, and I thus change the channel (sp?).

Vincent, Thunder God
06-23-2006, 01:08 AM
The one thing that annoyed me most on Idol were her "diplomatic answers", in that she very rarely said anything directly constructive about the act. If they were bad, she'd usually counter with something like "but you're great, you're a great person", when really you just wanted her to quit with the whole middle-ground nonsense and just give criticism.

Thank you! I'm glad to find one person who feels the same way about her responses. They always go on about how safe a performance is, but if appealing to the audience for some cheap, rabid cheers for some two-bit, off-key singer (even when the performance sucked) isn't the very defintion of safeness, I don't know what fucking is!