PDA

View Full Version : maechan

Eiko Guy
06-20-2006, 07:23 PM
has anybody actually listened to what maechen says he talks alot but his stories are interesting

szetok
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
nope, I tried to but he was just going too slow and his voice was really boring. It felt like another day in class.

Tavrobel
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
In FFX, Maechen usually talks about the history of the world and the details of the inhabitants therein. He is often clearing up any questions one might have about any subject, including pyreflies (which are still, for the most part, unexplained), and showing up conspiracies that you had no idea was a conspiracy. Many subjects within the last 1000 years of Spira's history are lectured about.

In FFX-2, Maechen, while still responsible for filling you in, lectures mostly about the history of Spira within the last two years (between the defeat of Sin and when Yuna attempts to find Tidus again), especially of Trema, the original Sphere Hunter. As he says it, Sphere hunting is a rather ne wphenomenon. He is also very knowledgeable about the details of the real Zanarkand (as is explained at the end of the game), and Yuna's fiasco of what is essentially her PMSing at the wrong time of the month (Yuna and Lenne's connection to each other).

If you can't sit through him talking, then you truly are a victim of society.

Venom
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Maechen is boring.

rubah
06-20-2006, 09:16 PM
You miss out on a lot if you don't pay attention to him.

Except in that part where you have to listen to him all the way through and not skip his dialog.

Ace14
06-21-2006, 06:49 AM
I always listen to him and it's pretty interesting. The part when you shouldn't skip in Mushroom Rock has some good parts like the part with Trema.

gabrielo2580
06-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Warning: spoiler in post: Warning

you have to listen to him entirely every single time to get 100% completion... he's almost as cool as auron in my opinion plus tthere both unsents

Little Blue
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
he's cooler than auron
Thought I'd correct that for you:p . I would've chosen Maechens Ghost as a username, but it just didn't have the same ring to it...

I love listening to Maechen's lectures. Dwight Shultz does brilliant work on his voice over, much better than he does O'aka, and the content is fascinating. Especially the revelation of how he learnt it all in X-2.

Also

If you can't sit through him talking, then you truly are a victim of society.

Markus. D
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Maechan is about 40% of the lore.

some people should really listen to all of him.

No.78
06-21-2006, 12:38 PM
I found it very interesting, he explains about Trema and the origin of sphere hunting, and tons more...

Slade
06-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I've always listened to him and I still do everytime I play both X and X-2. I find his voice rather interesting and I love his stories.

Remon
06-21-2006, 03:20 PM
I took a snooze when i had to talk to him in Mushroom Rock.But i did listen to him in X though.

Dell
06-21-2006, 04:07 PM
If you want to get 100%, you need to.

But in normal playthrough, I avoid talking to him, many of FFX/X-2 character didn't get my interest.

Eiko Guy
06-21-2006, 09:12 PM
everyone's is hyping auron and he sucks hes never reallyinteresting cuz everything he says is blah blah blah choose your destiny
duh im gonna fight yunalesca im not gonna keel over and die duh ill fight sin im not wasting this journey just to run home screaming
everything he tells them to do they already were

Psychotic
06-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Most of the time, I never listen to what he has to say. I accept that stories play a crucial role in the Final Fantasy games, but if I wanted every single little thing described in detail, I'd read a Charles Dickens novel. (No thank you)

Dr.M
06-25-2006, 07:34 AM
i always talk to him, he's like the only person that can tell you about the past. but yeah at mushroom rock road, i walked outta the room and had my lunch and he still hadn't shut up. lol

Roogle
06-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Isn't there a part in the game where he starts talking about some boring subject and the text and voice actually loop infinitely?

Renmiri
06-25-2006, 11:35 AM
he's almost as cool as auron in my opinion plus they are both unsents
Agreed! :D

I would love to spend an afternoon in Spira listening to his stories..

Zeromus_X
06-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Isn't there a part in the game where he starts talking about some boring subject and the text and voice actually loop infinitely?

If there is, someone please tell me how to do that now.

kain_ex
06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Hehe, I usually listen to his stories... but I'm like him: "I gather knowledge only to have it slip from my mind a moment later".

really, I can't remember much about what he says now..

feona17
06-26-2006, 05:43 AM
he was boring.. but had to listen to him to get 100 :\

kikimm
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, he's a dud. It's not so much what he says that makes it boring for me, but how he says it. He's really annoying and that's why I can't stand listening to him. BLEGH

!Rikku!
07-10-2006, 06:15 AM
I think he isn't boring sometimes it just sounds it...I couldn't Listen him everytime i just try press X.But when he talked about lenne and shyuinI really listened.The story was so beatuiful,but otherways,i'd like to kick him.:freak: