PDA

View Full Version : GWAR

Nightmare X
06-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Bow down to the cheesiest, most grotesque Thrash Metal band ever, the scumdogs of the universe, GWAR!
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3778/gwar5uv.jpg
Note: Most people don't know about them, they're a pretty underground band despite the fact their career is around 20 years in length, must be the lack of media exposure for being SO FREAKING OBSCENE.

Moon Rabbits
06-21-2006, 02:29 AM
[They are underground due to] the lack of media exposure for being SO FREAKING OBSCENE.

No, they are unheard of because they are a terrible band with no talent. :)

kidney / theif
06-21-2006, 02:54 AM
I saw them on Viva la Bam.
I think that's why I stopped watching that show. :cry:

LunaticPandora37
06-21-2006, 02:55 AM
do you know what GWAR stands for...and did you know that GWAR has made a full length movie...no joke...

GWAR musically...they aren't bad...they are good at what they do..but they aren't the greatest...

kidney / theif
06-21-2006, 02:58 AM
I respect their individuality, though.

ZeZipster
06-21-2006, 03:30 AM
GWAR has a cult following, even if they're retards.

Nightmare X
06-21-2006, 03:46 AM
[They are underground due to] the lack of media exposure for being SO FREAKING OBSCENE.

No, they are unheard of because they are a terrible band with no talent. :)

Depends, most of their 1994-1999 material is pretty bad, but the second, third, and last two albums are in fact pretty good, especially the last one since it seems they're finally taking their music seriously.

And hey, even if you don't like their music, you gotta admit they put on quite a show.

PS: They're better than whiny nu metal slipknot, too, and their costumes are cooler.

o_O
06-21-2006, 04:51 AM
I used to like GWAR. Never liked them as much as Joel did when he first registered here though.
Lordi are way cooler than GWAR, and they have cooler costumes. :p

Nightmare X
06-21-2006, 04:55 AM
I used to like GWAR. Never liked them as much as Joel did when he first registered here though.
Lordi are way cooler than GWAR, and they have cooler costumes. :p

But Lordi aren't anywhere as disturbing, nor do they have as absurdly good live shows, yeah, their costumes are of higher quality, though.

I mean, GWAR has a song called "BDF" which stands for "Baby Dick <!--Fuck-->*snip*", I'll let you guess what the lyrics are about, or the absurdly obscene "Have You Seen Me?" and "Rock & Roll Never Felt So Good".

Lordi are cool though, but they don't appeal me as much as GWAR, sure, the costumes are better, but they aren't as over the top or as ridiculously immoral.

Do NOT go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Venom
06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of their work.

Nightmare X
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
However, you gotta admit that the guys have actually started to play their instruments rather well as of late.

The vocals can turn a lot of people off, they're, well, an acquired taste.

Moon Rabbits
06-21-2006, 04:59 PM

I can burp too.

I much prefer female vocals to male vocals, and even when I listen to a band/singer that has a male lead I like them to actually have a strong voice, or a good scream. Gwar has neither.

As for being obscene, that's also part of the reason I hate them. Half of the things I cannot even mention on this message board. They have a song about having sex with an animal. That's ridiculous. They remind me of Cannibal Corpse, whom are sick perverts.

:)

Crushed Hope
06-21-2006, 05:45 PM

I can burp too.

I much prefer female vocals to male vocals, and even when I listen to a band/singer that has a male lead I like them to actually have a strong voice, or a good scream. Gwar has neither.

As for being obscene, that's also part of the reason I hate them. Half of the things I cannot even mention on this message board. They have a song about having sex with an animal. That's ridiculous. They remind me of Cannibal Corpse, whom are sick perverts.

No, they are not sick perverts. You are just overly sensitive. Their lyrics are tounge-in-cheek.

nik0tine
06-21-2006, 06:20 PM
They look retarted.

Nightmare X
06-21-2006, 07:39 PM

If you think F***in' An Animal's lyrics are bad, you'd throw up over RNRNFSG

And yes, their lyrics aren't to be taken seriously at all, it's pretty much demented, sick, low brow humor, not something to take seriously.

Also, Cannibal Corpse are awesome.

They look retarted.

Pretty much the point, you can't have a frontman with a Phallic fish and not look absurd.