PDA

View Full Version : what do people think of CC?

telims
06-21-2006, 03:13 AM
im just starting the game and i love it but some people say the only game actually worth playing is CT and i was just curious what other people thought of CC??

I Took the Red Pill
06-21-2006, 03:47 AM
I think it's great. They're both worth playing, end of story.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Quoted for truth.

Ichimonji
06-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Chrono Cross is definitely worth playing. It has some of the best music in video game history. Most of the characters may lack any form of actual storyline, but the environments are lush, the battle system is neat (although's there's better), and the overall storyline is pretty decent. I enjoyed it quite a lot. But I have to say, if you're not going to play the game, at least download the OST.

G SpOtZ
06-21-2006, 06:51 AM
One of my most favorite games. I absolutely loved every single part of it.

Chrono Cross is definitely worth playing. It has some of the best music in video game history. Most of the characters may lack any form of actual storyline, but the environments are lush, the battle system neat (although's there's better), and the overall storyline is pretty decent. I enjoyed it quite a lot. But I have to say, if you're not going to play the game, at least download the OST.
I also didn't care that most characters didn't have a deep storyline to them. I felt like it made them... mysterious, in a way.
Also, I agree about the music, I find it VERY catchy throughout the whole game.

All in all, I never, in my life, regretted getting this game. It's one of my favorites, and the gameplay is fantastic, as well as the storyline.

Eiko Guy
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
it only makes sense though if youre fighting to save the world why would you tell your life story youd be too busy

telims
06-21-2006, 08:30 AM
haha call me knew but what does "OST" stand for? lol

and i agree besides ff7 and its deepness in the characters why play a game with just a bunch of background for the characters when your trying to fight to save the world lol

Madonna
06-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Official Soundtrack.

Chrono Cross is a very good RPG for the PS1 that was overlooked because it saves your eyes; when I first got it and played it, I thought it was pretty ugly. After playing it a few hours, you adapt to it, figure out the battle system, and realize that it's amazing.

As previously stated, a great deal of the recruitable roster has very little story, if any, which is a shame in an otherwise great, complex, and confusing plot.

Medi
06-21-2006, 05:52 PM
The music is more beautiful than the music in any other video game. The story line is also one of my favorites, and I get really into it. It is really fun working with the elements, and the individual techniques. I enjoyed finding the items for making weapons and armor. There are few sidequests, but there is always something to keep you occupied. The graphics are beautiful, and the characters all look great. The environment combines with the beautiful music to make a very serene atmosphere. I give it a 10/10

[/mini_review]

It's such a shame that my copy is broken. But it's all good, I'm getting a new one in a couple of weeks.

telims
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
i agree, the music is amazing and beautiful..some of the most i have ever heard in a game.
it takes a little to get use to but after a while its amazing..tho im not far i think the battle system is really good......I wonder is there anygame like it?why didnt they make more like it?..how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?
i just think that with a game so good it can only get better...i really wish they made another one...lol

edczxcvbnm
06-21-2006, 11:05 PM
how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?

The first game was a bit of a collaboration with enix. A lot of people that worked on the second game are not around with square anymore. With FF the same people who made the first one were involved all the way through X. With Chrono the same people were not even the exact same as the first game and then moving forward towards a third even more people left.

Square would probably be eyeing doing another one but where would it move in the series. They wrapped things up pretty nice in the last game. They could do some other things in a different way now that we know about dimensional travel. Square and Enix have just been too busy with other games to create a team to do a new Chrono...also getting some people back for just one game might be harder than one might think. It is the same reason Indiana Jones 4 has been pushed back as far as it has. Too many other prior obligations.

There are many reasons.

Sephex
06-22-2006, 07:28 AM
how come the chrono serious stopped and ff serious kept going?

Indian Jones 4

lol

Zeality
06-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, I finished the Compendium's huge feature on the reaction / stuff about Chrono Cross yesterday.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/36.html

Hopefully that can put it to rest for good.

NeoCracker
06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I actually likd cross when I played it a second time a while later. It was funner then. I still think trigger is far superior, but its still a great game worth playing.

McLovin'
06-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Chrono Cross is excellent. I just wish they incorporated Magus more...

They really need a 3rd one. Didn't they make something called Chrono Break before but it got cancelled?

But anyways they're both ingenious.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
They did't actually make Chrono Break, they just copyrighted the name or whatever.

LunarWeaver
06-24-2006, 11:36 PM
I thought it was fun and an a good overall plot...character thing drove me to liking Trigger more though. I loved its battle system.

I just wish they incorporated Magus more...

Harle is secretly Magus, he's in it plenty. He's looking for Schala, who is secretly Radius.

McLovin'
06-25-2006, 06:27 AM
You have befuddled me with your wisdom that no one could have thought up in their sick twisted mind. I applaud you, you sick twisted minded person.

DoaJ
07-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Quoted for truth.

Doubley quoted for emphasis. :D

Reeno the Alchemist
07-15-2006, 12:19 AM
cc is the est game in all of history to me i have the game the stradegy guide the sound track im even trying to get some of the action figs i love chrono cross and i played it befor ct so i like cc more than ct and nothing shall ever change that

playaGAW
07-18-2006, 05:17 AM
CC was a hell of a lot better than CC in my opinion. The story was deeper and more thought provoking, the battle system allowed more versatility and having more characters added replay value. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I couldn't see the whole world and was confined to an island chain.

Rice Cake
07-25-2006, 01:43 AM
How can CC be better than CC??

My all time fav game. Period.

playaGAW
07-25-2006, 04:44 AM
I meant CC was better than CT. A lot better.

TidusMaster
08-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I love naming the characters!

smooth1
08-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Chrono Cross is a treasure of a game to play if you like RPG's. I actually played CC before CT but found both equally enjoyable to play. A real treat

rumplestiltskin
08-23-2006, 04:12 AM
CC is probably one of the most beautiful games ever made. if u cant forgive the fact that because on the PS1 they needed to compress the BG's like crazy, there are few games with so much work put into the art direction. CT is also an awesome game. just wait until you guys see the resurrection! ;)

xXxRinoa HeartillyxXx
08-31-2006, 02:36 AM
CC is a defianate game RPG fans should play.

I really enjoyed CC more than CT. I may be young, but believe me, I played tons of games...

edczxcvbnm
08-31-2006, 05:44 AM
CC is probably one of the most beautiful games ever made. if u cant forgive the fact that because on the PS1 they needed to compress the BG's like crazy, there are few games with so much work put into the art direction. CT is also an awesome game. just wait until you guys see the resurrection! ;)

The only think that really took up disc space on any PSX game was the prerendered CG cutscenes. If it was not for those then there would probably be like 4 total 2 disc games and zero 3+ disc games.

Also Chrono Cross is one of the few games that uses the PSX 640x480 resolution...even if it is only for the menu.