PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter if they never make ff7 remake

Loonie Noobie
06-21-2006, 04:24 PM
i really want them to make ff7 remake..but lets face it ff7 is already a classic game and no one will cry if graphics dont get an upgrade..after it is the gameplay that matters!!

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I agree. Of course if they made a remake and I had a ps3 then i would buy it, I don't mind the old one. The only problem I had with it is that the characters look like leggo people, but that shouldn't interfere with gameplay.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 05:19 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to a remake, if not for the fact that it hasn't been officially announced and probably won't be developed for a long time.

Besides updating graphics, they'd have to add in some other things (bonus dungeon, another 'Weapon' type super boss, and other things.)

BardTard
06-22-2006, 05:36 AM
I think a remake would be cool, but it doesn't really matter to me if the graphics aren't the best. It's still one of the best games out there, to me. :D

Aralith
06-22-2006, 07:00 AM
Remake would be awesome, but SE would have to put some serious though into it if they wanted it to sell like the last game did and bring new gamers onto the FF stage. Of course, even if it was a direct rip from the game with only graphic and sound updates, I would still buy it. But like with every remake, if they did it they would most definitely have to add in something else if they wanted to make it even remotely interesing to non-fanboys. Aside from that, I completely support the idea of a remake.

Bearofu
06-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't think a remake could reflect the same magic that made this game one of the best ever.

Setzer Gabianni
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Thing is, I wanna see the Aeris death scene, my PS copy won't let me see it ;__;

starseeker
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
I know where you can download it *cough* bluelaguna *cough*

Carl the Llama
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Iv always hoped for a remake and one day they probly will look into it also if they did make a remake i personally think they should make Aerith reviveable just keep the game and everything about it the same and just upgrade the graphics and add voices and maybe make the music sound better (as like in AC)

Slade
06-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm deadly against remakes (exceptions for games on very old consoles eg: NES and SNES) so no, it wouldn't matter.

darkchrono
07-02-2006, 02:33 AM
If they do add voices to the characters I definitely would like for them to find a different voice actress for Aeris. As the one in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts 2 sucked. I havn't played the original Kingdom Hearts in quite some time but from what I remember Aeris was voiced alot better in that game than in KH2 and Advent Children. Or maybe it was the same voice actress as in KH2 and I am just remembering wrong.

Marly
07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
I hope they do a remake. If not, I shall survive, but I really do think a remake would be great.

Dragon Mage
07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
If they do make a remake there would be no limitations of dialouge and the characters could get to live a bit more if you know what I mean. They wouldn't have to do much for enhancing the music:there are hundreds of enhanced versions of the music made by fans available on the internet. Better graphics would be desirable. I think the storyline could go a lot farther in a remake. I pretty sure that no one would mind if they did remake it, and most wouldn't be against it either. I wouldn't mind that's for sure.

Thorn
07-22-2006, 07:17 AM
I wont comitt suicide if they don't remake it, I rarely look forward to things like that. When I heard advent children was going to be made, I just thought.

"As if it'll ever happen"

It did happen, but then I didnt like it. That's where im currently at with the ff7 remake. It mighten actually happen, and if it does, I mighten like it.

Dr. Acula
07-22-2006, 08:03 AM
If they do add voices to the characters I definitely would like for them to find a different voice actress for Aeris. As the one in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts 2 sucked. I havn't played the original Kingdom Hearts in quite some time but from what I remember Aeris was voiced alot better in that game than in KH2 and Advent Children. Or maybe it was the same voice actress as in KH2 and I am just remembering wrong.
Ya, Mena Suvari did Aerith in AC and KH2, and Mandy Moore did hers in KH... if I remember correctly.

Dell
07-22-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't really care if they didn't make a remake/sequel.
Whatever comes out, I'll buy and play, then I'll complain any mistakes.

FFVII is my favourite, so I want a sequel.

Dreddz
07-22-2006, 06:20 PM
FFVII is a classic and is fine how it is but a remake could do alot for the game. It could correct its plot holes for one, a graphical improvement could do alot for the game as well. And gameplay improvements would set it apart from the first six which it is critisied for.

Lightning
07-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Remake would be so kool!!! Square should really remake FF7, especially how the PS3 has the awesomest graphics!

RoBoDunK
07-23-2006, 03:53 AM
I really like a Remake cause FF 7 is so awesome but I'd really like them to also make on the PS 1 cause i'm not much of a rich guyto go buy a new console/platform.

Carl the Llama
07-24-2006, 05:24 PM
lol IF the do make a remake it certainly wont be on the ps1

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I just want to see Aeris die, my PS copy won't let me see that moment ;_;

~Setzer Gabbiani

Carl the Llama
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
omg! what a shame. (please lets not let this deteriorate into another "I hate aeris thread")

Dragon Mage
07-25-2006, 06:05 PM
(please lets not let this deteriorate into another "I hate aeris thread")

To late, I already made one!

Omnislash07
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM
would it be cool if they did a remake and updated the graphics, yeah it would but i doubt it will be done. Square (Enix sucks) will assume (sp) that a comepletly new game like FF 13 will sell way better than a remake of FF7, even if is the best ff, and they would be correct because most people will have the mentality of "been there done that" and so wont buy it where as they would buy a comepletly new game.

If it comes out I will buy it but i highly doubt it will come out and besides that video they showed was just a tech demo even though EGM said a few months back that it was going to be remade.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-29-2006, 09:01 PM
i'd like to see a few cutscenes of yuffie and vincent, perhaps change some cinematic scenes to include them - that wouldn't go amiss. But you're right, i'm not about to go and cry myself to sleep at night because of it.

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 02:39 AM
i really want them to make ff7 remake..but lets face it ff7 is already a classic game and no one will cry if graphics dont get an upgrade..after it is the gameplay that matters!!

They are makeing a remake for ff7 and the graphic are almost as good as the movies and it the ps3:D

Fonzie
07-30-2006, 02:50 AM
If this does happen you'll see this site having a member boom. The new people playing tbe remake will be like," HAHA YOU SUXERZ, I KNOW MORE ABOUT FF7 THEN U DO!!" Which proceed me to smake them in the face and say," Shut your god damn mouth up".

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Iv always hoped for a remake and one day they probly will look into it also if they did make a remake i personally think they should just keep the game and everything about it the same and just upgrade the graphics and add voices and maybe make the music sound better (as like in AC)
On this, I agree. In the remake they could also explain just how Cloud managed to dupe himself into believing that he was Zack, something that the makers of the game really messed up on by not including an explanation. There is even a thread on here that asks for such an explanation.

Omnislash07
07-31-2006, 03:58 PM

They are makeing a remake for ff7 and the graphic are almost as good as the movies and it the ps3:D

Did you not read my post? I said that those screen shots that you saw of the FF 7 tech demo was just that a tech demo to show the power of the PS3 Square has officially said that they do not currently plan on remaking ff7. Besides they have enough going on at the moment what with 3 ff 13s and 12 soon to come out and DoC.

Dignified Pauper
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
i would feel better knowing this game will stay long dead.

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 08:26 PM
well the thing is SE said that they would not remake FFVII so long as the current consol could play the game... now that ps3 cant play ps1 games... well ill let you draw your own conclusions.

Omnislash07
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
well last i heard was that the PS3 is backward compatible with both ps2 and ps1 games. Where did you hear that it wasnt?

Morridor
07-31-2006, 09:28 PM
I really don't think it matters if there is a remake. The original is amazing and I think they would feel the need to add material to the game if the made a remake. Squeenix tends to want to give extra dungeons and material / extra scenes to remakes and I think they would add something that would contradict the rest of the game. I feel they would change it too much.

Danny

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 09:40 PM
some guy at Toys R Us said it... (he is a friend of mine)