PDA

View Full Version : What was the deal...

Bubbles1230
06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
...with the disease? OKay, i just watched FFVII-AC (it was awesome, i loved it) but I got a little lost with the disease thing. Like, i dunno, can sum1 explain?

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Geostimga contains the cells of Jenova, hence the reason Kadaj can control them. Cloud has it also, as does Rufus and Denzel. It came about when Cloud and co defeated Sephy.

I think this is right.

Bubbles1230
06-21-2006, 09:55 PM
umm, are you a girl or are you gay?

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 09:57 PM
What?! Im a girl, what the hell has that to do with this thread?

Psychotic
06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Bubbles1230, if you wish to get to find out more about your fellow members, I suggest you use Private Messages.

Bubbles1230
06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
omg, sry!

Bubbles1230
06-21-2006, 10:27 PM
some gay guy beside me wrote that

Psychotic
06-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay, but it'll be you, and not "some gay guy" who will get in trouble for it if you can't keep him under control.

Also, in future, please don't double post. There's an "edit/delete" button if you wish to add anything.

Now let's get back on topic, if that's not too taxing.

Xurts
06-22-2006, 06:39 AM
"Geostigma" is the name given to the side-effects of an internal struggle
between JENOVA's Cells and one's own Spirit Energy, gifted to them at
conception by the Lifestream. These side-effects result from the Spirit Energy
causing one's body to basically over-tax itself in trying to expel JENOVA's
Cells from within. These side-effects consist of extreme fatigue, open sores
on the surface of the skin, and discolouration of the skin. It is actually
these negative side-effects that contribute to an individual's death rather
than the presence of JENOVA Cells alone.

People became infected with Jenova's Cells when its cells were spread across the planet accidentally by the Lifestream at the end of FF7. Avalanche had destroyed Jenova near the center of the planet on their way to battle Sephiroth.

gigames08
06-23-2006, 10:10 AM
But... why? Why oh why? What did Geostigma add to the plot? The film rocked, and then all this crazy blue-black scabby stuff comes along and... WTF? Gah!

atlanteay
06-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a thought that maybe it was to give out another reason that aeris saved the world again with cloud since cloud sort of triggered it and aeris made the holy water come out and etc. Anyways, just a thought.

The disease showed us the weak side of cloud and how he struggled in the end against it.

Xurts
06-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I have a thought that maybe it was to give out another reason that aeris saved the world again with cloud since cloud sort of triggered it and aeris made the holy water come out and etc. Anyways, just a thought.

The disease showed us the weak side of cloud and how he struggled in the end against it.
Aeris used her Great Gospel to cure Geostigma after the remants of Sephiroth had been absorbed back into the Lifestream. The only thing I don't understand is why she didn't use it sooner. Then less people would have died from the disease.

gigames08, read my above post.

atlanteay
06-23-2006, 07:56 PM
she didn't use it sooner because like you said, the remnants of sephiroth weren't back to the lifestream. However, didn't she cure cloud before he defeated SHM? I'm confused. Plot twists:confused:

Xurts
06-23-2006, 10:43 PM
she didn't use it sooner because like you said, the remnants of sephiroth weren't back to the lifestream. However, didn't she cure cloud before he defeated SHM? I'm confused. Plot twists:confused:
Yes. She cured Cloud when he was inside the church during his fight with Kadaj. So when he was fighting Sephiroth he had no Jenova cells inside him.

I guess that makes a little bit of sense. I dunno.

Griff
06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
If children didn't have Geostigma then the 3 stooges wouldn't of had a reason to kidnap them. Henceforth Cloud wouldn't go to the ancient Capital, got his butt saved by Vincent, or meet up with Marlene. In doing so she wouldn't have realized Vincent didn't have a phone. Vincent would no longer have a reason to go to Midgar because before that he didn't care. The rest of them wouldn't have been able to beat Bahumut without him, Midgar would be destroyed and everyone would die.
And that my friends is the reason Geostigma exists.

Big D
07-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Yeah, Geostigma is basically Jenova's post-mortem attempt to continue corrupting and harming the planet's own life. Just as Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz are manifestations of Sephiroth's fragmented spirit, Geostigma is the scattered remains of Jenova's spirit. By gathering all the corrupted spirit energy from Geostigma's victims, Sephiroth was going to exert new control over the planet - to choke and corrode the lifestream, as he described it.

Aerith could've tried to cure it earlier, possibly - but with active remnants like Kadaj still running around, the change might only be temporary. Treating a symptom, rather than the cause. That's my theory, anyway. Removing Cloud's stigma gave him added strength and a more stable hold over the Jenova powers within him, but until he beat beat Sephiroth again he - and the other Geostigma victims - wouldn't truly be free.