PDA

View Full Version : Solo Cecil Challenge

The legendary Shadow
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I was bored,so I thougt about a challenge in FF4.
A Solo Cecil Run.I hope it enjoys me.If you want I will let you know how far I got now and make updates.
Did anybody did that too?
I would like to know if its hard later in the game.

Captain Maxx Power
06-22-2006, 01:16 AM
The part I got stuck on were the Trap Doors in one of the dungeons underground. You need to do a certain amount of damage to them within two rounds otherwise you're dead. This means a lot of over-levelling in order to survive.

The legendary Shadow
06-22-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm just at Fabul.
The first Bosses went down quick.
But thanks for the advice,It could be hard beating them even with normal level,but I will try.:D

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2006, 07:47 AM
these types of challenges arent always the best. it usually involves no skill at all and it just constant hyper levelling. this might bean interesting challenge thogh. lets just see how it turns out.

Reine
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
If you can hack the game, a solo Tellah challenge!

May be harder than Edward's challenge..

The legendary Shadow
06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I do my best to stay at normal level or just a bit higher so that it is a challange for me

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2006, 04:09 PM
i think youll eventually need to get to a very high level and boost your stats a lot but just dont do that too early.

The legendary Shadow
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I do my best.
I am now fighting these guards at baron before you must fight against yang.They can be very hard if I am unlucky.They can cast Mini on me.
After that they can kill me in a couple of turns.I hope I will have some luck.

Zeromus_X
06-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Good luck! I've always wanted to try a challenge at one of my most beloved FFs...but I'm too lazy. xD

The legendary Shadow
06-27-2006, 11:19 PM
It's a pain in the ass!I have no luck.They always cast Mini before I can kill one.I hope to kill one before getting hit by Mini or just hope for a "No-Mini-casting-Guard-Battle"

james 14
06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
How do you expect this to work in battles like the one with Rubicant when he revives you before you fight him? The same thing also happens during the last battle with Zeromus.

The legendary Shadow
06-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I kill all other characters before I begin attacking my opponents.

Eiko Guy
07-01-2006, 03:46 AM
try not to overlevel to beat it cuz that's cheap

Zeromus_X
07-01-2006, 07:19 AM
That'd probably be the only way to survive some battles.

Eiko Guy
07-01-2006, 08:33 AM
thats what makes it a challenge your supposed to go through the game and die a couple times someone should do a ff8 lvl100 challenge with non max stats

Shin Gouken
07-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I finished my ffv solo character challenge. Level 49 was my level for the final boss... You don't have the luxury of being able to change your job class so levelling is probabley your only option. Just record your levells at certain milestones in the game and maybe someone can try to do it on lower levels

The legendary Shadow
07-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh yess!!! I did it.I killed those guards on level 14(I just did 3 fights with cecil after changing into a paladin).I was lucky I could hit the first for 200 damage before they used mini.I used Hi-Potion to heal me until I was able to use a spiders silk to slow them down.After that I used hermes shoes to haste me so that I could heal enough with just wasting potions.
Then a guard uses Mini again the other pig but that didn't matter because I could hit for nearly the same damage as normal and killed the first guard.
The second uses Mini on me and the same game again.
Healing
waiting
Mini
Killing
winning
I won :D

After that I had to face Yang as a pig but he was no match.His kick does 40-55 damage and I had nearly full health at the beginning of the battle so he went down quickly.

I hope I won't stay so long on other bosses,but I'm glad that I did it!

gsmagi86
07-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey legendary shadow.

I am also doing a Solo Cecil game. I am currently at the moon core and honnestly ... the challenge is fun until you get to the sealed cave.

Read on but I might spoil part of the challenge so ... if you want to go there and see for yourself don't read

P.S. : If you have any question or are stuck at a part in your game ... feel free to ask.

Ok, you HAVE to be around Level 73 to beat the trap doors. There is NO OTHER WAY I can think of to get around this. You simply need a high enough agility to get 2 attacks in before it kills you. I was succeeding at a 50% rate at level 73 and I had gotten all my 3 level ups on +2 AGI and had the avenger equipped (gives +10 AGI). Forget about hermes ... you won't have time to act 3 TIMES before you are dead even with haste. As for evil wall ... you might have to get a level or two, but unlike for the trap doors ... you DO have time to take hermes, bacchus and all that stuff.

After that, it's just plain boring ... you are just too powerful. I went to beat Odin with that character ... he hit me with his super attack and I got hit for 5500 dmg and I was still alive!!! I hacked him away with the blood sword building my HP back up to 6500.

Anyway if you still intend to do like me and dont want to power-level by yourself ... get your agility to exactly 34 ... find a conjurer in the land of summons ... time your attacks so you are killing his summon each time he does one ... put a rubberband around your controller and come back in an hour or two ... you'll have all the levels you need

The legendary Shadow
07-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Ok thanks!

Sorry for not updating,I had some problems with my computer.
I will update next week.

Sylvie
07-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Good luck. I should try a challenge after I beat this game. *turns on game*

Sephex
07-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Good luck. I should try a challenge after I beat this game. *turns on game*

I am pretty much quoting you just to tell you that I really like your signature. Keep in mind that I like Paladin Cecil better, too!

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, I've decided to do this on the FFIV Advance version during my free time. I've just beaten Cagnazzio, and I leveled up to level 38. ('hides in shell', 'recover', etc.) It's been pretty fun so far. I can't wait until later in the game.

Darius
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
The best challenge so far that I had was going through the entire game ONLY fighting the bosses. I got to Zeromous at level 32. He was impossible at that level.

I went out and killed some side quest bosses (summons, chest monsters, etc) to get my levels up.

Now my highest character is 56 and im in the lunar ruins and have the game saved right before the Brachiosaur (spelling). Very fun game!

Soloing with one character does sound hella fun though. I guess ill try it but like someone else said, it doesnt take much skill to solo in this game. I personally think that if you have a party thats 20-30 levels under what they need to be to do a specific job, and you still win, that takes skill. :D

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
chalanges?

what chalanges

please don't post twice in a row in the same thread. -eestlinc

Garn the Red
08-24-2006, 11:37 PM
FFIV isnt really that hard of a game though, Got through it in a few days. This challenge shouldn't be too hard.

newmooncycle13
09-01-2006, 06:35 AM
I honestly don't know how you would get past Rubicant, I mean the fight would never end he covers himself so you can't hurt him then heals himself to full. If you get past that let me know.

cecil+rosa
09-02-2006, 09:27 PM
hey umm how do you do a solo challange?

Sylvie
09-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Kill off all your other characters and keep them dead.

Goldenboko
09-03-2006, 02:35 AM
FFIV isnt really that hard of a game though, Got through it in a few days. This challenge shouldn't be too hard.
Let me guess you played the GBA version?

Zeromus_X
09-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Unless you've played the game before, you didn't play a solo challenge in three days, unless you're talking about a normal game in the GBA version.

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
I've never understood why people automatically assume that the remakes are easier (apart from FF1, which is without doubt easier). FF4 uses the exact same levelling patterns, the exact same items (barring the stuff in the optional dungeons), the exact same monsters etc. etc. I think it's probably just a sense of nostalgia that people think these games are easier. That or they just set the battle speed way down. Or power-levelled.

Zeromus_X
09-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I played through the game normally (albeit beat it in two days), and didn't power level. This of course could be because I've played the game an unhealthy number of times, but the game seemed like a piece of cake to me. A solo challenge, of course, would still be tedious.

Also, are the items sold the same as the Hardtype version?

Acid Raine
09-08-2006, 11:56 PM
This is nothing compared to Maxx Power's Edward challenge.