escobert
06-22-2006, 01:11 AM
haha that's horrible. AOL is the sux.

Faris
06-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Nosy, nosy, nosy!

Miriel
06-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I've been through this exact same thing. My cousin and my brother didn't succeed but instead ended up with like 2 more years of AOL for a discounted price, but I succeeded! The key is to be incredibly rude and let them know that you won't put up with their bs.

I think it's kinda funny. Y'all should try it to see how well you do with these people. There are actually websites that give you tips to on how to cancel your AOL account.

To be honest, this guy got off pretty easy. I talked on the for for at least 15 minutes when I had to cancel.

farplaner
06-22-2006, 01:21 AM
That call was hilarious!! :laugh: That operator was pathetic: ":grumble: You're going to listen to me if you want this account cancelled...:grumble:"

Levian
06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
AOL is good for communicating with some people, but it's also kind of annoying.

Jojee
06-22-2006, 01:51 AM
I didn't click the link, but...

Imagine being the guy hired to receive those calls. It's probably their job to give people a hard time and make it as difficult as possible to cancel, and everybody hates them and I feel sad for them =( Haha. I did tele-fundraising as a job and I am totally sympathetic.

Moon Rabbits
06-22-2006, 02:00 AM
THAT WAS SUCH A FRUSTERATING SOUND CLIP.

I wanted to knock out the operator. Honestly, he wanted it cancelled, it's none of his business why!

:mad2:

I'm in a bad mood now.

"Is your dad there?"
"You're annoying the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of me." xD.

Psychotic
06-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Imagine being the guy hired to receive those calls. It's probably their job to give people a hard time and make it as difficult as possible to cancel, and everybody hates them and I feel sad for them =( Haha. I did tele-fundraising as a job and I am totally sympathetic.Jojo is sympathetic towards the forces of evil. How surprising!

I could hardly hear make out what they were saying. Oh AOL, you wacky, wacky folk.

Miriel
06-22-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm willing to bet that every operator is instructed by AOL to make it impossible to cancel an account. So it does suck that the guy was fired for doing what he was undoubtably trained to do.

Yamaneko
06-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Who the hell still uses AOL? You deserve what comes your way if you do.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-22-2006, 02:44 AM
HAHAHA i love this clip <3

kidney / theif
06-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Omg, that's hilarious. I've heard about AOL being stubborn, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Alixsar
06-22-2006, 03:10 AM
I used to use AOL, so I sympathize...but not really.

Jojee
06-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Imagine being the guy hired to receive those calls. It's probably their job to give people a hard time and make it as difficult as possible to cancel, and everybody hates them and I feel sad for them =( Haha. I did tele-fundraising as a job and I am totally sympathetic.Jojo is sympathetic towards the forces of evil. How surprising!

I could hardly hear make out what they were saying. Oh AOL, you wacky, wacky folk. I never sympathized with you :cool:

Shaun
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh man, AOL sucks. Heh, I remember a friend of mine who lives about two minutes away from me who's a total rich kid. Typically, his mummy and daddy chose AOL as the ISP. I remember one time when it kept messing up and when we tried to get help we were connected in live chat to a member of staff. There's so many things I wish I had said to that damn AOL person.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-22-2006, 11:16 AM
in the last 40 seconds I couldn't understand what that guy was talking about. This is what talking on the phone about technical stuff is like for me

Jess
06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
AOL is my ISP... :(

...It's my Dads fault. How frustrating. :mad2:

Drift
06-22-2006, 03:23 PM

bipper
06-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, yams, AOL is still the easiest drug to get addicted to out there. Not everyone has a pseudo ISP avaialble. Its pathetic, but many phone companies have worse inet service than AOhelL. It is a rather easy system to use, for people who could care less about such things as reasoining, and logic. I am constantly running into the family, single person, and even buisness that use AOL. IT is sick, but it does what they need it to do - except cancel itself :p

Bipper

MageLuingil
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
I've never been stuck with AOL, ... good thing too. 'Course, back when I was using dial-up, it was passworded and I didn't have the password :( That kinda sucked.

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 03:46 PM
AOL was so big back in the days, EVERYONE was in it, but now everyone's just using internet explorer and such(with cable/dsl)

escobert
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
who uses internet explorer?

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 03:53 PM
who uses internet explorer?

I said INTERNET EPLORER and similar programs like Safari.

Oh yeah, there's also this AOL Explorer, haha funny and it's free. Anyway, AOL really has no meaning now.

PS: Their IM thing used to be the best...and they had a cool profile thingy. Well it's all history now.

SammieBabe
06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
AOL has a call center here in Tampa. My sister-in-law used to work there. They do that stuff on purpose. Also, if you call all pissed off they'll put you on hold and keep you there, until you hang up, so they don't have to listen you yell...

Rainecloud
06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
USA really sucks for things like this.

I've never had a problem cancelling my Internet over here in England. :/

eestlinc
06-22-2006, 07:29 PM
companies like AOL have entire "retention" centers where they do everything possible to keep people from cancelling. Of course they could spend more time making their service not suck and then they wouldn't need to bust so hard on retention.

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
companies like AOL have entire "retention" centers where they do everything possible to keep people from cancelling. Of course they could spend more time making their service not suck and then they wouldn't need to bust so hard on retention.

eestlicn knows what he's talking 'bout. And yes I agree, they should lower that forsaken 25 dollar price down to $5 or $10, it's not such a great service, the only good thing 'bout AOL is it's security softwares and the IMging thingy.

Old Manus
06-22-2006, 07:49 PM
People use AOL?