PDA

View Full Version : Remake Petition

endsdawn
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Hello everyone,

I'd first like to start off by saying "Hello!" to everyone since this is my first post... Wait a minute, I already did that in the opening... Oh well...

Anyway, reason I'm posting here right now is because last night I penned up a Final Fantasy VII for Playstation 3 Remake petition and was wondering if anyone here would like to sign it?

Here's the link: [!]http://www.petitiononline.com/ps3ffvii/petition.html[/!]www.eyesonff.com

I apologize if this counts as spam or anything like that... I don't intend to annoy, I'm just trying to let people know this thing exists.

Anyway, I look forward to talking here on the forum. Later all.

G SpOtZ
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome!!

Also, I support this, becuase I've been craving a FF7 remake since.. well, a long time. I don't think this'll make a difference though, honestly. Yeah, this is definitely not going to have an impact on Square-Enix. Lol. Ah, but who cares. *signs*

endsdawn
06-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Actually, petitions and such have changed the minds of video game companies in the past.

One such case is that of Quest for Glory V - Dragon Fire. Here is a quote from a wikipedia article concerning it:
"Dragon Fire was always planned to be part of the series (whereas Wages of War originally was not), but it would not have been produced if not for the pressure that fans put upon Sierra Entertainment."

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Did the game end up to suck, or was it still good?

abrojtm
06-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Pressure from fans is different than signing a petition. Square-Enix knows that fans want and would buy a remake of FFVII, and it is imminent. They are just waiting for the proper time/console. It may not even be released until the next next-gen console-who knows. There are still two Final Fantasies that are yet to be released on current-gen that are ahead of FFVII in line (FFV & FFVI).

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
It would be interesting to see what they do after FFVI is released for DS. I would guess they would put the FF PS1 titles on PSP.

Rostum
06-23-2006, 07:27 AM
I belive they have already officially announced that they are too busy with other projects to remake FFVII, for awhile. So I don't think they need a petition to know that we want a remake. They've pretty much acknowledged we want one.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 07:39 AM
It would be interesting to see what they do after FFVI is released for DS. I would guess they would put the FF PS1 titles on PSP.

Y'mean III? VI will be on the GBA, however.

boys from the dwarf
06-23-2006, 07:43 AM
id rather them make new games than remake old ones. remaking some of the older less played ones (like FF3.) is a good idea but not FF7.

Slade
06-23-2006, 09:25 AM
id rather them make new games than remake old ones. remaking some of the older less played ones (like FF3.) is a good idea but not FF7.
I agree. VII is fine the way it is.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Whoops, you're right. I mean GBA. FFVI is coming to the GBA.

crayzee gamr
06-23-2006, 07:33 PM
That'd be great but I'd rather the remake be for PS2.

Psychotic
06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Welcome to EoFF endsdawn, and yes, this does count as spam, or advertism, to be precise.

However, I'm sure that if anyone cares strongly about this issue, they can find a petition to sign about it.