PDA

View Full Version : Festivals

Breine
06-22-2006, 12:21 PM
So, summer is here and that means loads of music festivals. Personally I'm going to take part in the Roskilde Festival, which is the largest festival in Northern Europe and one of the largest in Europe all-around. So what about you? Are you taking part in any festivals this summer, and if so which one?

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
My boyfriends going to see The Who this Sunday and there are afew other bands performing with them. Im not going to any during the summer as I suffer from horrid hayfever and I wouldnt last 5 minutes in an open field or garden grounds.

Chris
06-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Since I live in Roskilde, well, when I'm in Denmark, I might pay a visit to the Festival. It always end up raining, so it all depends on the weather.

Cz
06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Ah, festval season is upon us...

I kicked off my music summer with a trip to the O2 Wireless Festival on Wednesday, to see The Strokes alongside The Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things and Guillemots. I've got the Hyde Park Calling festival coming up on July 1st and 2nd, with Roger Waters, The Who and Primal Scream all playing.

After that there's a big gap to August, when I've got V Festival (Radiohead, Beck, Bloc Party, Editors) one week, followed by Get Loaded in the Park (British Sea Power, Babyshambles, De La Soul) the next. This is the winningest summer ever. :D

eestlinc
06-24-2006, 05:30 PM
I already got to go to the Bonnaroo festival here in the US last weekend, which became the highest grossing festival ever, mostly thanks to an ass kicking Radiohead. So awesome.

Breine
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I just came home from the Roskilde Festival this night and boy it was great. I got to see Whomadewho, Vincent Van Go-Go, Guns n' Roses, Magtens Korridorer, Martha Wainwright, Veto, Rufus Wainwright, Scissor Sisters, Deftones, Opeth, Kanye West, Under Byen, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Placebo, Kaizer's Orchestra and Bob Dylan... What can I say - I had the time of my life :cool:

Clouded Sky
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I was going to go the Vans Warped Tour, but ended up having marching band on that day so I missed it. That made me sad.

And then I was planning on going to Sonshine (christian music festival in MINNESOTA) but ended up having to cancel that because it's the same week as the PLAY! A Videogame Symphony in Detroit and I'm taking a five-day roadtrip to that instead.

DanteV9
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm not going to one, but I did go to the Sweden Rock Festival, which took place 7th-10th June. Many great bands played.

Aurey
07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
The only real festival that's nearest to me and has a great line-up is the Sappy Records Music Festival going on in Sackville August 4th-6th. The problem is, almost everything is 19+, so I'm probably not going at all. It's a bummer, but oh well. :P

Cz
07-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Roger Waters was immense. Three hours of Floydian goodness almost managed to make me forget about England's World Cup exit. :D

Mythra
07-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm going to Ozzfest later on this month (21st I think) and thats going to be awesome. Disturbed, Dragonforce, Avenged Sevenfold, Lacuna Coil, System of a Down, all great bands :).

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-06-2006, 12:01 AM
I was going to try to go to Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI this year, but my new job won't allow me. Suck, that place if fun. :(