PDA

View Full Version : He changed his mind again...

Peter_20
06-22-2006, 01:00 PM
My little brother's views on video games has apparently been a bit ambiguous: in the beginning, he loved playing them, and we played Super Mario Bros 3, Megaman 2 and Donkey Kong Country every day.
Then, when he turned 14, he suddenly started to act weird.
He said that he "didn't really like playing", and he scorned me for playing myself, and eventually he referred to the whole thing as "pesky video games..." and the like.
Now he's changed again, and now he always asks me if we can play Perfect Dark.
I'm actually pretty relieved, because being a nostalgic guy, I always smile whenever the old days return again.
But still, I think his constant turns are a bit weird... :rolleyes2

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I use to play Mario Kart 64, Grand Theft Auto and Persona 2 with my brother. But its sad because he doesnt remember the random things we use to say when playing it :( He is 14 also and we last played a game together 6 years ago, but I thought he would have remembered because I did. He remembers playing GTA with me, the very first one, but the others are a blank to him.

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
My little brother's views on video games has apparently been a bit ambiguous: in the beginning, he loved playing them, and we played Super Mario Bros 3, Megaman 2 and Donkey Kong Country every day.
Then, when he turned 14, he suddenly started to act weird.
He said that he "didn't really like playing", and he scorned me for playing myself, and eventually he referred to the whole thing as "pesky video games..." and the like.
Now he's changed again, and now he always asks me if we can play Perfect Dark.
I'm actually pretty relieved, because being a nostalgic guy, I always smile whenever the old days return again.
But still, I think his constant turns are a bit weird... :rolleyes2

slap him in the back of his head and tell him "whoever the hell is telling you that v-games are for kids is the biggest jackass in the world. The average gamer is 33, that's more than twice as old as you, so you can enjoy video games 'till then."

Markus. D
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
tell him that video games are like a visual book.

if... he likes reading.

and if ones based on his faveorite movie (make sure the game is good first) start paying out the movie and cutting his sudden want to share speech short by saying "this movie must suck because you think video games do"

KentaRawr!
06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
My Sister used to play Video Games alot. She loved Donkey Kong Country and the Super Mario games. Then she found she was getting a bit too obsessed with them, so she decided to take a break. It's been a few years since then. She hasn't touched a video game except for Super Mario 64 DS. :eek:

Moon Rabbits
06-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Get him to play the game Mappy. He'll never think videogames suck again.

Rostum
06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Well it depends how little your brother is, but it happens. Young kids and teenages (even now for me) are always changing opinions and figuring out what they like and don't like. It wouldn't suprise me if he started to dislike them again for one reason or another, and then like them later down the track.

I know it's sad, but old days are over, all you can have are memories for it.

DeathKnight
06-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Well it depends how little your brother is, but it happens. Young kids and teenages (even now for me) are always changing opinions and figuring out what they like and don't like. It wouldn't suprise me if he started to dislike them again for one reason or another, and then like them later down the track.

I know it's sad, but old days are over, all you can have are memories for it.

MOSTLY because they feel (peer)pressured:

"If my friends find out I still play v-games they'll think I'm too childish or not macho enough"

"If my girlfriend finds out I play v-games she might even dump me"

"v-games are for kids I'm a mature teenager(damn newbie/n00b)."

"I should do whatever the smurf everybody else is doing(sports, trying to act cool, following trends, etc.)"

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 03:28 AM
Video games are just a form of entertainment like books or movies. Anyone that would think otherwise or think that they're 'for kids' actually does need to be 'slapped in the back of the head.' :) Honestly, it is 2006 after all.

Renmiri
06-23-2006, 05:16 AM
Omecle is 100% correct. Get used to flip-flops and changes on your little brother. It is going to be a wild ride for the next 3-5 years. But he went through the same thing with you (probably) so now it's your turn to have patience ;)

Peter_20
06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Omecle is 100% correct. Get used to flip-flops and changes on your little brother. It is going to be a wild ride for the next 3-5 years. But he went through the same thing with you (probably) so now it's your turn to have patience ;)Actually, I didn't really change my minds all the time or anything during my early teens, I was just crazy. :p

farplaner
06-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Right, the kid is 14. A lot of changes going on...hell, I didn't get out of adolescence until I was 22. Try to think back to what was on your mind when you started to notice girls, and started "polishing the bishop," (you know, that ceramic figurine of a church official we all had growing up... )