PDA

View Full Version : Bit of advice needed!

CloudedSquall
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey there I started playing FFX again a while ago and i've just reached the calm lands. My problem is that I've backed Lulu into a corner.. part of the sphere grid has Ultima after 3 lv.4 locks and i've only just reached lvl. 2! :eek: Should i turn around and carry on and go back there later or wait.... for a looong time? :mad:

Cheers.

Tavrobel
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Too bad. What an unnecessary waste of time that could have been avoided by regularly checking the contents of the your Spheres and the Grid itself. I've got not sympathy for you, but I do have advice.

A) You really went out of your way to try and get Ultima.
B) The point of Ultima is that it is a late game spell.
C) Don't bother with it until you either:

a) finish the game
b) overlevel grossly enough to finish Lulu's section and head into Kimahri's

CloudedSquall
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
heh, fair enuf. Blunt and to the point. THink i'll give the fork out of there.

crazybayman
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah, just keep on going. Use a return sphere to go back later, when you've got enough level 4 spheres.

Levian
06-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Can't you just use a black magic sphere? Or am I forgetting something now?

abrojtm
06-23-2006, 12:10 AM
You can only use a Black Magic Sphere to learn Black Magic already learned by another character.
You should have followed Lulu's natural grid, because now you're screwed to have to waste a lot of Sphere Levels in order to get back on track. Ultima is in Kimarhi's grid and you cold have used a Return Sphere later to get it from him and then use a Black Magic Sphere with Lulu later.

gabrielo2580
06-23-2006, 01:05 AM
u have to get one person to teleport to both ultima and double cast and have friend spheres for others to get.. thats after u completely finish lulus part of the S grid

added thru edit: Also teleporting tidus to the end of aurons S grid can get tidus hitting 9999 every time and also get quick hit for tidus auron and wakka through friend sphere using

Renmiri
06-23-2006, 05:29 AM
I love getting "steal" and "mug" for my characters. There are 4 HP nodes around them and lots of good nodes so you get 800 HP, some more MP and agility and can have a lot of characters steal stuff to customize weapons / armor later :)

CloudedSquall
06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok cheers guys. Actually, while we're here can I ask baout blitzball as well? I want to get a good team (none of those besaid guys :mad: ) can they only be found where the tournament is held?

Tavrobel
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Most of them are in Luca, yes. If you want to recruit other team's players, they can usually be found all huddled together in the same area. You can even get bonus characters such as Wakka, Rin, and Brother once you get the airship.

Fireblade13
06-23-2006, 06:42 PM
For blitzball i would find the best charecters reset the system then get them on ur team. U can get wakka,wedge,and when the al bhed drop him their goaly!

You train lulu! HA! I just took and used a tele sphere to get yuna on lulu's track so now she has white magic and black magic and ultima! Auron took wakka's grid for accuracy and wakka took arun's for power

CloudedSquall
06-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, i like to train everybody really and see how they turn out.. but there we go. I've got the more difficult type of sphere grid at the moment so i'm just going crazy :p and why not?

gabrielo2580
06-24-2006, 01:05 AM
i used the two teleport spheres from yojimbo to teleport lulu to the aga blk magic spells and one to the ultimas.. i then used a friend sphere to get lulu to double cast cuz kihmari alredy passed by it...

its awesome dude like 15,000 twice in a row

also like i said earlier u HAVE to get wakka and auron quick hits so them and tidus can do like 9999 10 times before enemy gets a turn

ADDED: i was already hitting 9999's with most ppl with only like an hour of extra in omega