PDA

View Full Version : Reading several books at a time ...

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Its not a bad thing is it? My boyfriend gets annoyed cause I do buy books nonstop. Im reading loads and I mean loads at the moment. I take about 4 back to Manchester with me to try and finish, but I never do. I just cant help myself, Im like one of the sisters from the ROD TV series, I must have lots of books around me.

Its not like the books will never be read, I go back and forth between them all all the time. It may be an addiction, but I love to read and I personally dont see the harm in buying books that will eventually be finished. And no, I could never get rid of any! Ive never sold a novel in my life!

kikimm
06-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Ha, I used to do that all the time when I was younger, and read 6 or so all at the same time. I thought I was so cool. It would be nice doing it that way, cause I'd knock out tons of books all within a few days of each other. But I can't do that anymore. I like focusing on just one book at a time now.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-23-2006, 01:04 AM
I do that sometimes, but I'm also picky about keeping track of everything in the story, and I mean everything, so I can only really manage 2 reads at once, at the most. But if you're getting a little tired of one story, switching to another is good. Usually I have one heavier read and one lighter read if I do decide to double up my reading.

~SapphireStar~
06-23-2006, 01:19 AM
But if you're getting a little tired of one story, switching to another is good. Usually I have one heavier read and one lighter read if I do decide to double up my reading.
Agree totally, that is just what I do :D

eestlinc
06-23-2006, 02:31 AM
i hardly ever read more than one book at once. usually if i get tired of a book i'm reading i just quit reading it.

Madame Adequate
06-23-2006, 02:36 AM
I usually only read one book at once. If I ome across a book I really want to read, I'll drop whatever was being read previously, get through the new one, then go back to the prior one.

Rye
06-23-2006, 02:41 AM
I generally have a list of books to read, one at a time, but sometimes if I'm reading a large book, I'll take a break in between to read a little lighthearted book.

Moon Rabbits
06-23-2006, 02:59 AM
I read one at a time so I can knock it out in a few days. If I'm reading more than one sometimes I forget my place in the others and what is currently going on. :|

eestlinc
06-23-2006, 04:48 AM
i like to read books that you can't knock off in a couple days and require a lot of attention

Rengori
06-23-2006, 05:37 AM
It's really hard for me to read more than one book at a time. One because of my attention span and two most of them are in a series and it defeats the purpose to read two of them at the same time.

StarlightAngel
06-23-2006, 06:48 AM
I usually only read one book at once. If I ome across a book I really want to read, I'll drop whatever was being read previously, get through the new one, then go back to the prior one.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Usually if a book is suited to my taste then I'll find it hard to put down and will complete it in a matter of days so I don't think there will be any problem with having several books open at the same time. If a book hasn't interested me within the first chapter then I probably won't enjoy the rest of it so it'll get buried.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Ha, I used to do that all the time when I was younger, and read 6 or so all at the same time. I thought I was so cool. It would be nice doing it that way, cause I'd knock out tons of books all within a few days of each other. But I can't do that anymore. I like focusing on just one book at a time now.

That's exactly how I was. I don't know how I could read more than one book at a time, now.