PDA

View Full Version : Urm...

AuronSephiroth
06-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Didn't know where to put this but if it's in wrong place you may move it.
I couldn't help but notice that this eyesonff site has it's own radio I'm creating my own Website and would like to know step by step on how you guys made it lol thanks and If you help me get through it all I'll credit you because you helped me.
Or if Site members DON'T use the Forum can sum1 else please tell me a step by step guide as I've searched all over the Internet and found nothing usefull so please this is getting irratating I want my own radio soo badly lol thanks greatly appreciated.

Please excuse the poor english and bad grammer

starseeker
06-22-2006, 07:00 PM
This site has a radio? My sister's heard of it but this is the first I've heard of it. Staff do come on here. The admins are chosen for their technical expertise. I think you're referring to radioff.com.

AuronSephiroth
06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Aye that's the 1 I'm on about RadioFF. I wanna know how they made it lol cause I'm interested in creating my own however I want to link the actual Radio from my Site like they have done with RadioFF not have it on another site like Live365 but I'm a total noob with it I have never done or bothered with it b4 in my life lol

Shoeberto
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

You'll need a computer with a LOT of bandwidth. Shoutcast isn't too bad on system resources, but when it comes to bandwidth, it's a hog. Setting it up is relatively easy, as is DJing with it, so long as you have it mixed properly for broadcast. Those two were my biggest problem when I ran a server: bandwidth limitations and mixing it so that my listeners could actually HEAR it.

I dunno, if you're completely new to this kind of stuff, it may be a bit over your head. There's a lot of technical documentation to try and make it as easy as possible, but you might still have problems.

AuronSephiroth
06-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Okay got it up well sorta, urm how do I link it on my Website so peeps that access it can listen to it?? like RadioFF you just click n listen

Samuraid
06-23-2006, 01:52 AM
RadioFF is a custom PHP script that generates a random M3U list of MP3 files. Your media player opens the M3U file and begins streaming the songs off the server.

Shoutcast is a lot more complex (and powerful) than the script we use, but as Hsu said, you need a lot of bandwidth and your computer must have a correctly configured firewall and must be online 24 hours a day.

AuronSephiroth
06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Can you give me a step by step guide of how you created it then please?, I'll just bin Shoutcast then, or do I just create a MP3U playlist and put a link in my Website to the MP3U playlist?? and it'll play Randomly 4 me?? or what??. I dunno what a PHP thing is never heard of it

Samuraid
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM
You could create an M3U playlist and use an <embed> tag to embed a little player on your page to run the M3U playlist.

AuronSephiroth
06-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Nah I prefer a link to the MP3U playlist looks more neater:cool:, So if I put a link to my MP3U playlist it'll run randomly like lets say I click the link the radio begins the first track that plays is ''hello'' then when they click to close the radio and re-click the radio it'll play something else NOT ''hello'' this time?.

What I want is exactly the same radio as yours it runs a random track every time I click to listen to it it's not the same track that I listen to in the same order, I can hear ''track 1'' then the next time I click to listen to the radio I could listen to ''track 12''

A non-random playing Radio is really boring and can irratate the listeners you get sick of the same songs over and over.

Note: I don't have my Site on the Internet yet but I want to make sure everything is perfect before putting it on the Internet, so If you could just tell me how to make a Radio that plays random Music every time sum1 clicks to listen to it that'd be great, or will linking to my MP3U playlist make it play Randomly?? however when I click to listen to it it's playing the same music in the same order

Sorry I must be annoying but I really am clueless when it comes to Radio making I have tried to ask other Forums to hopefully stop nagging you but they don't reply so..

Samuraid
06-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Either your users would have to enable the "random" function of their music players, or you would have to have a custom script that generated a new M3U with random order songs every time anyone accessed your site. (which is what we currently do)

starseeker
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I thought I'd point this out: it's possible to download the tracks played on radioff by saving them in Windows Media Player.

AuronSephiroth
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
No I don't want to save any songs I have already got some, about this custom script how do you create 1 exactly? I'm interested in it :D.

crono_logical
06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
I didn't know we had a radio FF :p Is this our way of bypassing the takedown of mp3s? :p

starseeker
06-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Looks like it. It's possible to download the tracks as they play.

Samuraid
06-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I didn't know we had a radio FF :p Is this our way of bypassing the takedown of mp3s? :p
That's not its intended purpose as far as I know. It existed before departure of ffdownloads, and was mainly just a site to stand in the shadow of the previous EoFF radio from a while back.

AuronSephiroth
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Aye I just found it myself the other day whilst doing some of my Website I wanted to listen to some FF music that's when I found RadioFF, So nobody going to tell me how to create a Random playing Radio then :cry: fair enough I'll ask sumwhere else thanks 4 all your help anyways. Might just have to forget about creating 1.

Samuraid
06-28-2006, 01:07 AM
It's pretty hard to explain the code involved in detail without showing the source here; however, the source code for EoFF's MP3 playlist is private. :shifty:

AuronSephiroth
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Okay I understand, Do you know any Sites that explain these Codes to peeps by any chance?? Because I cant find any however I still don't understand what Codes your on about so you might know a few Sites.

Samuraid
06-29-2006, 02:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVI

Or more generically:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_codec

AuronSephiroth
06-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks, however it wasn't quite what I was looking for you see I'm still a bit confused as to what the Code is I'm a noob with all this stuff, so I was wondering if you knew any Sites that explain the Codes like as in what to write down to make this Playlist play Randomly, a site that explains step by step in how to create 1 of these Codes?, if not it's okay as I cant find any neither and once again I thanks you for all the help your trying to give me.

Samuraid
06-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Sorry about my previous post, it wasn't even supposed to be in this topic. I was shuffling windows and accidentally posted it in the wrong place. :p
Sorry about that.

Anyway, regarding your questions. If you have some webspace to play around with things, you may want to try some of the music library scripts here:
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Multimedia/index.html
or
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Music_Libraries/index.html