PDA

View Full Version : i don't feel it

Eiko Guy
06-22-2006, 07:11 PM
i dont know why im usually ecstatic over final fantasy but i dont feel the flair all the other games had

Elpizo
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
i dont know why im usually ecstatic over final fantasy but i dont feel the flair all the other games had
People are drooling too much about FF XIII already. Just like People where drooling over PS2 already when IX came out. ^^".

I don't know, but I really look forward playing this game. Looks nice.

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Ive been looking foward to it since I seen this in a computer game mag 2 years ago:
http://www.rpg-reich.de/gfx/ff12/artworks/ff12_artwork_748.jpg
And under that was "Final Fantasy 12 perhaps?" I was like SQUEE!!!!!! So Im very much looking forward to it, even though its taking a good while to get to UK shores.

MageLuingil
06-22-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm not really looking forward to FFXII as much either. I do want to play it, and it looks like it'll be fun, but ... I still feel rather 'meh' about it. I think the problem is that Square took so long developing it, and didn't do such a great job promoting it.

Anyway, I do look forward to playing it. Just ... not extremely excited.

Eiko Guy
06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
i thought i was alone
i feel like it's nothing special someone plz show me something thats wow soo i know my ffsense isnt broken

Sefie1999AD
06-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I wasn't really looking that much forward to play FFXII, but now I think it's getting a bit more interesting to me, especially when the English trailer seemed pretty good. However, I'm still more excited about FFVII AC, FFIII DS and KH2, which still haven't been released here.

Vivisteiner
06-22-2006, 09:24 PM
i thought i was alone
i feel like it's nothing special someone plz show me something thats wow soo i know my ffsense isnt broken
Have you seem the trailers? Theyre pretty awesome.

Eiko Guy
06-22-2006, 09:54 PM
thats the problem ive never needed previews to want a game i watch the previews when im already hyped

D Kruger
06-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, when I watched the video, I thought the characters are quite crappy. Having played the game, I'm just sure I was right.

LunarWeaver
06-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Final Fantasy is hardly a series considering all the team mixes they have working on each title...and this one is almost entirely separate from the last four. Don't buy a game just for it's title, if it does not appeal to you then don't get it... If you think the battle system , story, and characters won't rub your special places in the right way then rent it and make sure first...nothing wrong with that.

This kind of expectation will probably only lead to a letdown no matter what game it is though...

Eiko Guy
06-23-2006, 06:52 AM
i wont buy it if i dont like it but u wanted to see the great points

boys from the dwarf
06-23-2006, 07:32 AM
after the seeing the trailer i think itll be as good and possibly even better than some other FFs. i think that some people are just doubting it too much before its even come out.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't want to judge a game before it's even out (like alot of people are prone to doing) though I doubt I'll be majorly dissapointed. (I'm not a harshe critic. I can hardly understand some of the things people complain about.) I've seen videos of it, and the battle system looks interesting. It'll be worth it to play it once.

jj984jj
06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
How can you not want this game? It has classic Final Fantasy written all over it with a new battle system, a great change of pace after FFX.

~SapphireStar~
06-23-2006, 04:44 PM
How can it be a classic Final Fantasy if it has a new battle system?

Vivisteiner
06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
It still has ATB and a wait mode, where the game freezes. Its still an FF.

~SapphireStar~
06-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I didnt say it wasnt an FF.

Diogo
06-23-2006, 10:57 PM
And since when was a classic FF only classic because of it's battle system? FFXII, just like FFIX, feels very classic because of the type of setting and type of fantasy, also because of some plot and world elements.

LunarWeaver
06-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Buy it for the sexually arousing Judges.

And anybody who has played Tactics Advance will be looking forward to killing them.

~SapphireStar~
06-25-2006, 04:59 PM
And since when was a classic FF only classic because of it's battle system? FFXII, just like FFIX, feels very classic because of the type of setting and type of fantasy, also because of some plot and world elements.
And since when wasnt it? IMO it was a classic because of its turn based battle system.

Diogo
06-25-2006, 07:51 PM
And since when wasnt it? IMO it was a classic because of its turn based battle system.
If they are classic just because they are turn-based, then I guess the only classic FFs for you are FFI, FFII, FFIII and FFX?

The classic FFs are considered that way because of their setting. FFVI started to change that, but it's still considered to be a "classic FF". It was with FFVII that they drastically changed the setting-style of the FF series, making them more JP-anime like, with mode modern and sci-fi elements, and less European medieval elements. FFVIII and FFX followed that setting, while FFIX and FFXII went back to the classics, by using a very similar setting of the classic FFs and throwing countless references and many gameplay elements that stopped being used after the classics.

FFXII is both a classic FF (setting) and a FF that tries to be different (huge improvements in gameplay) in spirit. It is much more, and feels much more like a classic FF than FFVII, FFVIII and FFX, yet it tries to innovate the series as well.

LunarWeaver
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
FFXII's enormous Star Wars airships flying everywhere scream classic at me.

Diogo
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
What is exactly your point?

LunarWeaver
06-25-2006, 09:46 PM
What is exactly your point?

I don't think I've ever posted anything on this forum with a point you didn't have to decipher.

Just for everybody's records you keep on me, I do 'feel it' very much and I'm more excited about this then XIII for now just because it's closer. I also think the battle system getting rid of random battles is a good situation and this one will probably have a fresh take on the whole plot thing. Plus moogles have bunny ears and women have bunny ears and bunny ears can only help a game.

Oops I broke my no point rule. I'm never going to be banned at this rate.

Diety
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Ok...i know im a noob and ive been coming to the site for a while, but this forum thread lead me to register. I personally am pumped for it, but im still very tennative. It seems a little like Crystal Chronicles, but better graffics and way better story line...i will buy w/o renting but ill still be uneasy about spending the $50-60

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
If they are classic just because they are turn-based, then I guess the only classic FFs for you are FFI, FFII, FFIII and FFX?
What? All the FFs on the PS1 and PS2 are turn based. I dont see FFI, FFII, FFIII and FFX as classics personally cause Ive barely played them. I see 7, 8 and 9 as classics compared to X.

The classic FFs are considered that way because of their setting. FFVI started to change that, but it's still considered to be a "classic FF". It was with FFVII that they drastically changed the setting-style of the FF series, making them more JP-anime like, with mode modern and sci-fi elements, and less European medieval elements. FFVIII and FFX followed that setting, while FFIX and FFXII went back to the classics, by using a very similar setting of the classic FFs and throwing countless references and many gameplay elements that stopped being used after the classics.

FFXII is both a classic FF (setting) and a FF that tries to be different (huge improvements in gameplay) in spirit. It is much more, and feels much more like a classic FF than FFVII, FFVIII and FFX, yet it tries to innovate the series as well.
That may be what you and loads of other fans consider to be classics, but I believe a game is a classic if it has an amazing storyline, characters, OST and battle system.

MageLuingil
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
What? All the FFs on the PS1 and PS2 are turn based. I dont see FFI, FFII, FFIII and FFX as classics personally cause Ive barely played them. I see 7, 8 and 9 as classics compared to X.
Ok, first off, there's a difference between turn-based fighting and time based fighting. Just about all the FFs besides the ones Diogo listed had a time-based battle system. (I believe; I haven't played all of them)

That may be what you and loads of other fans consider to be classics, but I believe a game is a classic if it has an amazing storyline, characters, OST and battle system.
The qualifications for defining a game as a 'classic' differ from person to person. To me, a classic is defined by the quality of the overall game, the setting, the gameplay, and to a certain extent the age of the game. To me, the classics are the SNES generation. Those were great games. But it's probably pointless for me to argue whether or not the new games are going 'back to classics' because someone's gonna disagree with me on what a classic is.

Diogo
06-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Sorry, I thought that when you said "classic FFs", you were talking about all the old-school FFs, and not "your favourite FFs". That being said, i will change my reply:

Because the new battle system is awesome and very fun and innovative, imo. :D

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Ok, first off, there's a difference between turn-based fighting and time based fighting. Just about all the FFs besides the ones Diogo listed had a time-based battle system. (I believe; I haven't played all of them)
Ok, no need for an attitude. I misunderstood him. Chill.

MageLuingil
06-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Sorry if I came off I little strong there. It wasn't intended. I was just trying to clarify things.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey no problem. I just place the FFs into a turn based RPG category, didnt even think about time based ones.

feona17
06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
I was really really looking forward to XII, but as soon as I saw the trailer for XIII I totally forgot about XII. For sure, XII is going to be an awesome buy in October, but Square killed XII suspense with XIII.