PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

Fire_Emblem776
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Is their a way to uninstall it or get rid of it? I get nothing but pop ups from it -_-. But fire fox works fine. And while im on fire fox i still get pop ups from internet explorer -_-

Flying Mullet
06-22-2006, 09:19 PM
No, you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer. It is interwoven into Windows as it shares a lot of features with Windows Explorer and other operating system programs.

Roto13
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Congrats. You've got adware.

Yamaneko
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Please try to be helpful, roto.

You can get rid of the shortcuts to IE using add/remove programs in the Control Panel, but that's about it. You need IE to visit the Microsoft Update site as it requires ActiveX.

Do IE windows popup while you're using Firefox? Try running Spybot and Adaware to clean out your system from malicious software. If these are Firefox windows popping up I would check your settings to make sure you have the popup blocker enabled or that you haven't given permission to any sites that you don't want to have permission.

Roto13
06-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Please try to be helpful, roto.
I thought I was. O_o

bipper
06-23-2006, 03:03 AM
Try disabling the windows messenger service (not MSN). Go into Control panel > administritive > services and right click and disable microsoft messenger. If you are SP1 with out updates, there is a now know security flaw that allow people to pop HTML pages onto your system remotley. Sucks. I have run into this with a few pirated versions that would not update :P

By the way, bill gates adminted to stealing movies of you tube - awsome huh? :)
Bipper

Yamaneko
06-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Windows messenger has been disabled by default since SP1.

He said he watched one Harlem Globetrotters clip from YouTube. :p

Flying Mullet
06-23-2006, 01:30 PM
And don't disable "Messenger" in your services, this is different than the "Microsoft Messenger".

bipper
06-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Windows messenger has been disabled by default since SP1.

He said he watched one Harlem Globetrotters clip from YouTube. :p

Which is stealing, as he admits :p ( he also watched some physics lessons) And I know the service is "disabled" but I have personally fixed this problem on several versions of windows - all pirated. Strangly enough, the fix worked, and despite having SP1, the messenger service was enabled. /shrug

Bipper