PDA

View Full Version : Quistis-Neglected?

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Who thinks Quistis is one of the best characters in the game, but was quite neglected with her part in the game, with her love life and personality? Quistis is my favorite, and I think she is neglected in every way, esspecially when it comes to her love life. What do you all think?

G SpOtZ
06-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I even think she shoulda hooked up with Squall. Psh, screw Rinoa, she's trash! Quistis woulda been hotter as a real person, and I'm even into brunettes. Hah!

I do wish she played a larger role in the game, althrough her role WAS very important, but only in the beginning. After Rinoa coming into the picture, Quistis was less acknowledged. =\

I didn't use Quistis much in battle though.

PresZidane
06-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Quistis is my Favortie FF girl of all time.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I even think she shoulda hooked up with Squall. Psh, screw Rinoa, she's trash! Quistis woulda been hotter as a real person, and I'm even into brunettes. Hah!

I do wish she played a larger role in the game, althrough her role WAS very important, but only in the beginning. After Rinoa coming into the picture, Quistis was less acknowledged. =\

I kind of wished the same...I mean, they really did have more of a past and all...all of the dreams were crushed when stupid Rinoa came into the picture...gosh! She just...gets on my nerves. She's not even HALF as pretty as Quistis, Aeris, OR Dagger, and she needs to be saved every second. Dagger only needs to be saved once, Aeris only needs to be saved once, and Quistis never needs to be saved. Rinoa has to be saved like 5 times. And besdies, all of those girls AND Beatrix could kill her in a fight.

Enough with the bashing. I think that Quistis should have a WAY more important role all through the game, not just in the beginning. After all, she saved Squall's ass, and she doesn't even get one thanks! :mad2:

Xurts
06-23-2006, 01:19 AM
I think that each of the characters (except for Squall and Rinoa) had equal attention story-wise throughout the game.

In the battle aspect of the game however, I think that people tend to underestimate Quistis and Selphie's usefullness. If Selphie has a high enough magic stat, she can get some pretty good magic in her Slots. The only thing about Quistis is that it might take a bit of time finding the items needed to teach her her Blue Magic. It's easy if you mod cards.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:22 AM
I think that each of the characters (except for Squall and Rinoa) had equal attention story-wise throughout the game.

In the battle aspect of the game however, I think that people tend to underestimate Quists and Selphie's usefullness. If Selphie has a high enough magic stat, she can get some pretty good magic in her Slots. The only thing about Quistis is that it might take a bit of time finding the items needed to teach her her Blue Magic. It's easy if you mod cards.

True, but Quistis was neglected in every way-

Selphie and Irvine got some romantic attention, Zell got leadership attention, and Seifer got bad guy attention. Quistis didn't get any of that.

Actually, I use Quistis AND Selphie as my two other fighters. They are both splendid! Rinoa is the one that is useless...

Chris
06-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Well, most of the game focused on Squall and Rinoa, so the other characters were nothing but supporting roles.

Yes, it's quite a shame, especially since Quistis did seem to have somewhat of a likeable personality. Unfortunately, we don't get to witness any kind of depth of her character.

This is partially why I don't like FFVIII as much as FFIX and FFVII.

What a shame.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Well, most of the game focused on Squall and Rinoa, so the other characters were nothing but supporting roles.

Yes, it's quite a shame, especially since Quistis did seem to have somewhat of a likeable personality. Unfortunately, we don't get to witness any kind of depth of her character.

This is partially why I don't like FFVIII as much as FFIX and FFVII.

What a shame.

Chris, you don't know how right you are.

In VIII, all they do is pay attention to Squall and Rinoa. In every other game, everyone is concentrated on, not just the two main characters.

~SapphireStar~
06-23-2006, 01:30 AM
It was harsh Squall telling her to go talk to a wall. I really felt sorry for Quistis in that scene and her feelings towards Squall confused her. She was an awesome character and such a bad arse, she really told it like it was to Rinoa about giving Edea the bracelet!

Chris
06-23-2006, 01:33 AM
It was harsh Squall telling her to go talk to a wall. I really felt sorry for Quistis in that scene and her feelings towards Squall confused her.
Yeah, Squall was just being an ass in that scene.

>O

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:34 AM
It was harsh Squall telling her to go talk to a wall. I really felt sorry for Quistis in that scene and her feelings towards Squall confused her. She was an awesome character and such a bad arse, she really told it like it was to Rinoa about giving Edea the bracelet!

Haha...Sapph, you're awesome, always haveing righteous opinons! :)

But yes, sadly, she saved Squall's ass and then he steps all over her. That's what I don't like Squall. But Squall, I can deal with because he's cool. Rinoa is just stupid.

Chris
06-23-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm afraid that Rinoa was nothing but "a sexy gal from outer space."

~SapphireStar~
06-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Haha...Sapph, you're awesome, always haveing righteous opinons!
Aww, thankies for that :D

Yeah Quistis saved Squall's butt and he was like "Whatever ..." I mean Rinoa, as far as I can remember, has never saved Squall. Its been a while, but I cant recall and yet Quistis is brushed aside with the others.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm afraid that Rinoa was nothing but "a sexy gal from outer space."

Sadly...:(

Haha...Sapph, you're awesome, always haveing righteous opinons!
Aww, thankies for that :D

Yeah Quistis saved Squall's butt and he was like "Whatever ..." I mean Rinoa, as far as I can remember, has never saved Squall. Its been a while, but I cant recall and yet Quistis is brushed aside with the others.

Hey no prob! :)

But, as I have stated before, I think she is more brushed aside than anyone else for various reasons. I am currently writing a fanfic on the Queifer pairing becuz they look cute and poor Quistis needs attention!

Chris
06-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Did Selphie have a personality? I mean except for being hyper and annoying. What was Irwine like? I mean except for his womanizing ways. :(

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Did Selphie have a personality? I mean except for being hyper and annoying. What was Irwine like? I mean except for his womanizing ways. :(

Selphie was always kind. And Irvine was always righteous. :)

Qurange
06-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Quistis should've had a larger role, but she did at least have more development than a lot of people think. She was the sort of person who'd let herself go into a supporting role, anyway, so at least there's that.

...Of course, as to romantic speculation, I'm still incurably of the opinion that Quistis goes far better with Xu than anyone else, but that's just me.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Hmmm...I highly doubt it, but ok.

I'm not too fond of video game lesbians.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Quistis' 'crush' on Squall was just a sisterly affection for him from her locked up memories of the orphanage.

From what I understood.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Quistis' 'crush' on Squall was just a sisterly affection for him from her locked up memories of the orphanage.

From what I understood.

I think she was lying on that one.

Hambone
06-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Who thinks Quistis is one of the best characters in the game, but was quite neglected with her part in the game, with her love life and personality? Quistis is my favorite, and I think she is neglected in every way, esspecially when it comes to her love life. What do you all think?
she's my favorite too. she's hot, she's blonde, she's smart, she has a whip, and she's sophisticated! What else do you need? ;)

G SpOtZ
06-23-2006, 03:52 AM
she's my favorite too. she's hot, she's blonde, she's smart, she has a whip, and she's sophisticated! What else do you need? ;)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/Heartrush/whipitsmiley.gif
Yeah, if you ever get bored of her being so nice and truthful, always remember she's kinkeh.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 04:02 AM
:love:

Yes, and with Seifer...:love:

Thats a bit too much for me to handle this time of night...:p

Slade
06-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Quistis is my Favortie FF girl of all time.
*nods*
:love:

gigames08
06-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Quistis rocks. Rocks - some - ass. Why oh why is she ignored in the plot? She has the first 30 minutes, tops.

Darkwing Bahamut
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Quistis is probably my favourite female character in FFVIII, and nowhere near as annoying as Rinoa. I wish she had played a bigger role in the game, and her story and character developed a bit more.

Captain Maxx Power
06-23-2006, 12:26 PM
She wasn't neglected in my game. I spent about an hour just staring at her. One glorious, fantastic hour of loveliness. Personally if she'd ended up with someone I'd have had a personal vendetta against them. Besides which she's a smart lady. She realises what a goon Squall is for a start.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Squall's an ass while Seifer would be perfect for her-opposites attract, eh?

And as G-spotz said-

She's kinkeh! :p

scooby
06-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah Quistis saved Squall's butt and he was like "Whatever ..." I mean Rinoa, as far as I can remember, has never saved Squall. Its been a while, but I cant recall and yet Quistis is brushed aside with the others.She hasn't!? Hmmm.... I distinctly remember Rinoa saving Squall, uh...three times. First time was at the D-District Prison, when Rinoa kicked Irvine's cowardly ass into gear, and got him to go back for the others (which included Squall). Irvine was just going to abandon them. Because of Rinoa, the gang were able to escape from there.

The second time was far more significant: when Rinoa found Squall on his island (ah...metaphor) during Time Compression, and the strength of their combined wills transformed the desert wasteland into the flower field from "The Promise". If it hadn't been for Rinoa, Squally would have been lost in Time Compression forever - and never would have made his way back home.

Finally, Rinoa saved Squall in a more abstract sense.... She saved him from a lonely, miserable future, and the bottomless pit he was going to call life.

So, I think it's fair to say that Squall and Rinoa saved each other.... In contrast, Garnet NEVER saved Zidane - yet he saved her three times (from the Plant Brain in Evil Forest, from Brahne, when she was going to have Garnet executed, and from the crumbling Alexandria Castle at the beginning of disc 3). So, Squall and Rinoa's relationship is at least more equal than Zidane and Garnet's. I don't think the fact that Rinoa and Garnet - or any other FF female lead - had to be rescued is a reflection on their characters, it's simply a part of the Love Interest In RPG Syndrome. The big "rescue" scenes in RPG love stories are not there to show incompetence on the LI's part (although this is sometimes an unfortunate side effect), they're there to give the hero a chance to show off, and to show how much he cares.

Quistis was simply not important enough to be saved by Squall.

People (i.e. Rinoa haters) make out that Quistis is something that she's not, in an attempt to make Rinoa look worse by comparison. It's sad.

Qurange
06-23-2006, 10:50 PM
I disagree on some of that.

I do like the Squall and Rinoa relationship, and I'm with you as far as the idea that it was more equitable, but there's no reason to insult Quistis to get your point across. It wasn't that Quistis wasn't important enough to be saved, it was two other things: in a physical sense, she didn't /need/ saving; she was the most experienced of the entire party by /years/, having made SeeD at fifteen and been a child prodigy.

In an emotional sense, Squall was completely unequipped to 'save' Quistis, even saying that that's what she needed--I do still think that they'd be awful together, because neither of them would really grow as people.

Quistis isn't perfect, no--and those who say she is take out part of her character that made her as interesting as she was. As for Quistis saving Squall--it's what she does. She wasn't looking for thanks, she was looking out for her student and then for her 'little brother' figure. I think her behavior supports that she was telling the truth about her misguided feelings for Squall, personally. ...But, I'll resist going into what all I think /that/ means.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah Quistis saved Squall's butt and he was like "Whatever ..." I mean Rinoa, as far as I can remember, has never saved Squall. Its been a while, but I cant recall and yet Quistis is brushed aside with the others.She hasn't!? Hmmm.... I distinctly remember Rinoa saving Squall, uh...three times. First time was at the D-District Prison, when Rinoa kicked Irvine's cowardly ass into gear, and got him to go back for the others (which included Squall). Irvine was just going to abandon them. Because of Rinoa, the gang were able to escape from there.

The second time was far more significant: when Rinoa found Squall on his island (ah...metaphor) during Time Compression, and the strength of their combined wills transformed the desert wasteland into the flower field from "The Promise". If it hadn't been for Rinoa, Squally would have been lost in Time Compression forever - and never would have made his way back home.

Finally, Rinoa saved Squall in a more abstract sense.... She saved him from a lonely, miserable future, and the bottomless pit he was going to call life.

So, I think it's fair to say that Squall and Rinoa saved each other.... In contrast, Garnet NEVER saved Zidane - yet he saved her three times (from the Plant Brain in Evil Forest, from Brahne, when she was going to have Garnet executed, and from the crumbling Alexandria Castle at the beginning of disc 3). So, Squall and Rinoa's relationship is at least more equal than Zidane and Garnet's. I don't think the fact that Rinoa and Garnet - or any other FF female lead - had to be rescued is a reflection on their characters, it's simply a part of the Love Interest In RPG Syndrome. The big "rescue" scenes in RPG love stories are not there to show incompetence on the LI's part (although this is sometimes an unfortunate side effect), they're there to give the hero a chance to show off, and to show how much he cares.

Quistis was simply not important enough to be saved by Squall.

People (i.e. Rinoa haters) make out that Quistis is something that she's not, in an attempt to make Rinoa look worse by comparison. It's sad.

1. Don't go dissing Zidane and Garnet. Please. Look at the sig!
2. Quistis is EVERYTHING and Riona is poo-poo. Is there a problem that I like Quistis better? So what if I do? Shoot me.

:p

And by the way, Quistis didn't NEED to be saved cuz she was strong and independant in a physical sense. It's not that she wasn't important enough! If she was in danger, I bet Squall would have saved her just the same, along with everyone else.

Qurange
06-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, part of Quistis's character is that she was reliable in that sense, too.

But I don't think it helps the position to try to bash Rinoa to make Quistis look better, just as it bugs me when people bash Qusitis so that Rinoa looks better. Despite that it'd be understandable, /they/ don't act as if they hate each other by the end of the game, so why should we say they have to?

daggertrepe
06-24-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm not saying they have to hate each other, I'm just saying that Riona isn't all that great. Quistis is just better, but she's neglected. :(

Carl the Llama
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah Quistis saved Squall's butt and he was like "Whatever ..." I mean Rinoa, as far as I can remember, has never saved Squall. Its been a while, but I cant recall and yet Quistis is brushed aside with the others.forgive me for saying this but... when did she save him... i honestly cant remember

Rinoa saved him by makeing him open up to the love that was around him otherwise he would have spent his entire life just as a cold hearted barsted

the only reason you think that is cause she has a whip :p

Qurange
06-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Is it weird that, despite the whip, I seriously doubt Quistis is into that kind of thing?

daggertrepe
06-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Gosh, it was just a joke!

Quistis saved his ass with the machine gun when he was being chased by that monster in Dollet. :)

Carl the Llama
06-24-2006, 05:27 PM
oh... well i never saw that as i always kill the thing... you get 50 ap for doing so

scooby
06-24-2006, 10:02 PM
1. Don't go dissing Zidane and Garnet. Please. Look at the sig!
2. Quistis is EVERYTHING and Riona is poo-poo. Is there a problem that I like Quistis better? So what if I do? Shoot me.

And by the way, Quistis didn't NEED to be saved cuz she was strong and independent in a physical sense. It's not that she wasn't important enough! If she was in danger, I bet Squall would have saved her just the same, along with everyone else.Reply to #1: I wasn't "dissing" Zidane and Garnet. I love them as a couple. Beautiful, heart-warming love story. Made me cry.

I was simply saying that Rinoa, unlike Garnet, saved her hero every now and then. Squall and Rinoa's relationship was less one-sided than Zidane and Garnet's in the deliverance department. That's all.

Reply to #2: Do you deliberately misspell Rinoa's name?

I think that, in the popularity stakes, Rinoa suffers from the Curse of the Lead Female/Love Interest, and Quistis benefits from being the "other". The (usually) older, cooler "other" is always favoured by fans over the LF/LI - whether it be Quistis over Rinoa, Freya over Garnet, or Rydia over Rosa.

But apart from occupying the desired "other female" spot in FFVIII, I really can't see what Quistis has going for her.

Part of an excellent post (http://forums.adventchildren.net/showpost.php?p=2235898&postcount=1666) I found on the Advent Children.forums, by Deztiny, sums up my feelings about Quistis (vs. Rinoa, to an extent) better than I ever could.

"Quistis Is A Much Better Love Interest For Squall [than Rinoa]

Quistis isn't half as cool as people seem to think. She's insecure, emotional and unreliable. She's a terrible teacher. (She shows blatant favoritism towards Squall, reprimanding Seifer in class, but never reprimanding Squall. Not even in the mild "Just ignore him" way that Doctor Kadowaki does. Quistis has no idea who started the fight or why, whether Squall was the first one injured or Seifer. She's either making an assumption because she's biased in favor of Squall, or choosing not to discipline Squall because of her bias. Never mind the painfully obvious flirting with her student.) She's a terrible leader. (Deling City Sewers, anyone? Even Zell and Selphie realized leaving their post in the middle of a vital mission was stupid. It's the first and last time she's chosen to lead a mission when Squall's away.)

Squall is annoyed by her during their first scene together. He proceeds to be visibly annoyed by her in every scene where she anticipates one of his responses. "I'm finally starting to understand my student", says Quistis. "I'm more complex than you think," says Squall. And he is. For all the times that Quistis guesses what he'll say, she never shows any insight into what Squall is really thinking and feeling. He ignores her attempts at flirting. She literally has to order him to get him alone with her (and we all know how that goes, "Go talk to a wall"--Classic.)

With Rinoa, Squall willingly shares his thoughts and feelings. He shows an interest in things about her, and actually makes an effort to comfort her. None of which he ever does with Quistis, even the kinder, gentler Squall of later in the game has no meaningful interactions with her. He's much closer not only to Rinoa, but also Zell and Selphie. (Which IIRC is also the order he calls out for them when he's lost in Time Compression. Rinoa, Zell, Selphie, Quistis, Irvine and Rinoa and Rinoa and Rinoa.)"

I'd like to add to this that Quistis always seemed unhealthily...resigned to failure. After she's sacked from her job as an instructor for lacking "leadership qualities" (I quite agree with whoever made this decision, by the way), she says this, "...No leadership qualities... Failed instructor... Perhaps they're right...". I mean, what kind of an attitude is that!? She basically lures Squall to the "secret area" *coughmake-outspotcough* - under false pretences, I might add! - to tell him how sorry she feels for herself, and to wallow in self-pity in front of him! No wonder Squall's response was so harsh! In a desperate attempt to get him alone with her, she abused her authority over him by giving him a false order. I'm not surprised she got the sack! Terribly unprofessional behaviour!

Quistis' poor, and equally unprofessional, treatment of Seifer probably contributed to his breakdown. Seifer may be an ass, but he also has serious problems with self-control and anger management; he needed Quistis' special attention and support (more than Squall ever did!), not her ridicule. Quistis' putdowns to Seifer may seem funny to us, but they clearly made him feel (even more) insecure. Seifer was right: Squall was favoured by the staff of Balamb Garden - especially Quistis - despite the fact that Seifer was far more needy. Quistis failed (ah...that word again) Seifer as his instructor.

As their instructor, Quistis was an important and influential figure in Squall's and Seifer's lives, and she shouldn't have let her personal feelings, nor her history with them, colour her behaviour.

Reply to postscript: That's the point, though: story-wise, Quistis wasn't important enough to be put in danger. I'm sure that if Quistis was in danger, Squall would save her - but having such a scenario in the game would be a waste of valuable screen time that could be spent on Squall and Rinoa. Similarly, if Selphie, or Zell, or , were in danger, Squall would, of course, save them.... But Squall's relationships with Quistis and co. are not important enough to include such scenes in the game.

Every instance of Squall saving Rinoa (and vice versa) serves a purpose in the story. The "rescue" scenes in the game don't exist to show incompetence/weakness on Rinoa's or Squall's part (though their incompetence/weakness may be the reason they're in trouble, and need rescuing in the first place) - they exist to bring the two of them closer together. A rescue scene is a story device, that serves to further the connection between hero and heroine (in this case, Squall and Rinoa) and develop the mutual dependency between them.

As proof of this, it is interesting to note that most of the important interactions between Squall and Rinoa take place after one has saved the other. There are SEVEN! :eek: rescue scenes in the game (five are Squall saving Rinoa, and two are Rinoa saving Squall), and each is succeeded by an important Squall/Rinoa scene. So, I thought I'd go through them all...in chronological order....

In the first rescue scene of the game, Squall and Irvine saved Rinoa from a pair of ravenous Iguions who were about to eat her up. This was followed by the "stay close to me" scene, in which Squall tried his best to comfort Rinoa. She took his words to heart.

In the second, Rinoa indirectly saved Squall's and the others' lives, by bullying :chuckle: Irvine into going back to rescue them from the D-District Prison - where they were awaiting state execution. When Rinoa arrived at the prison, she seemed [I]very relieved to see that Squall was all right ("Squall!!! (Squall's alive! I knew he would be. Squall's
ok!) Yeah!"); Squall seemed pretty happy to see her, too. I can't really remember, but I think they stood face to face for a little while...?

In the third rescue scene, Squall saved Rinoa from falling to her death, when she was hanging onto the side of the flying Balamb Garden by her fingertips. After they had landed back on solid ground, Rinoa thanked Squall for saving her. He was about to say something along the lines of "it was a pleasure", when his defence mechanism kicked in. He then proceeded to deny all responsibility for saving her, claiming that it was "everyone else's" idea, and that he just "happened" to find her :rolleyes2. Squall and Rinoa then had a conversation about Squall's ring, Griever, which Rinoa had "borrowed". Rinoa said she thought that Squall possessed the classic traits of a lion - courage, and pride - but he disagreed.

The fourth rescue scene in the game involved Squall donning a spacesuit and jumping into space to save Rinoa, who was drifting "out there", with a fast-dwindling oxygen supply. Once they were both safely back aboard the Ragnarok (and after they had dispatched a few pesky Propagators), the famous "eyes on me" scene in the Ragnarok cockpit unfolded. I don't think that needs a description.

Rescue number five saw Squall break Rinoa out of the Sorceress Memorial, where she was going to be sealed away forever. Afterwards, they shared a long, lingering hug - the embrace depicted in the game's logo. Rinoa tried to pull away from Squall, warning him that she was a sorceress, but he said, "I don't care" (that makes me cry... :weep:), and held onto her fiercely.

In the sixth rescue scene, the gang (led by Squall) had to save Rinoa from the clutches of the eeeeevil Sorceress Adel. I can't remember what happened when you won the battle against Adel, but I seem to recall that Squall sunk to his knees dramatically and "gave up" if you lost (i.e. Rinoa died).

The final rescue (phew...) in the game happened when Squall got lost in Time Compression, and good ol' Rinoa searched long and hard to find him...finally stumbling across his unconscious body in a harsh desert wasteland. Rinoa held Squall, and, thinking him dead, cried over his body - before the heavens opened up and the desert terrain was transformed into "The" flower field. Presumably, sometime later they made it home together. The next (and last) time we saw the pair, they were star-gazing and canoodling on the Balamb Garden balcony.

The reason I just spent about...three hours typing all of that up, was to prove that every instance of Squall or Rinoa saving the other leads to some sort of important development in the relationship between the two. And Squall and Rinoa's relationship is of paramount importance in FFVIII - so not one of these instances are superfluous. Squall and Quistis' relationship, on the other hand, is of minimal importance. Apart from a couple of scenes between them early on, and a few group scenes here and there, they interact very little over the course of the game. A scenario in which Quistis was put in danger and Squall had to rescue her would serve no purpose. Likewise, a similar scenario with Selphie and Squall would serve no purpose. That's why no such scenes exist. Quistis and Selphie aren't any more capable than Rinoa, they are simply far less important to the story than her; that's why they don't get any big, exciting FMV scenes with the hero.

FFVIII revolves around three parallel love stories: the love story between Squall and Rinoa, the love story between Squall's parents (Laguna and Raine), and the love story between Squall's father (Laguna) and Rinoa's mother (Julia). Selphie, Irvine, Quistis and Zell - and Kiros and Ward in Laguna's story sequences - are filler characters - there to make up the required number of party members, and nothing more. Thus, any personalities they might have can be considered a bonus.

Now, if Quistis was the lead female/love interest in FFVIII, you can bet your bottom dollar that Squall would have to save her at some point. But, Quistis is not the LF/LI in the game - just a mere supporting character - so this is a dead end.

I'm going to stick with my original statement: Quistis was simply not important enough to be saved by Squall.

...I do like the Squall and Rinoa relationship, and I'm with you as far as the idea that it was more equitable...? :confused: Equitable? The word "equitable" is an adjective derived from the noun "equity", which denotes an ideal of complete truth, justice and fairness. I don't think that's what you meant....

Edited to add: I'd just like to say, in case it wasn't already incredibly obvious from the rest of this post, that I don't like Quistis very much. Having said that, I'm not terribly fond of Rinoa, either - outside of her relationship with Squall. But I am a diehard Squall/Rinoa shipper (and I mean diehard!), and I would defend their relationship to the death.

For the record, Selphie is far and away my favourite FFVIII girl. But I wouldn't complain that my darling Selphie is "neglected", because I recognise that she is unimportant to the story of the game. Unimportant, but extremely likeable in her paper-thin role. There isn't really much more that Selphie could contribute to the game...but I accept her for the loveable cipher that she is.

Qurange
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Why no, then, it's not what I meant! But, it's close. Reminds me not to post in a hurry. More fair than it's usually described, what with Rinoa not being a complete idiot. (Or much an idiot at all, I think.)

I do think that that post is /way/ too hard on Quistis, though, and doesn't take into account what probably happened off-screen, not to mention a number of in-game screens. Yes, she's insecure--that's part of the appeal to her character, that despite her status as this idol who achieves so much, she's actually /not/ perfect. Now, whether or not she's a good leader is irrelevant--I don't think she's so bad, for the most part, but again, the problem is that she sometimes lets her emotions get the better of her. Yes, she left the post in Deling City--but she /also/ led the group to complete the mission /anyway/.

More importantly, she develops as the game goes on; she actually gets through some of her issues, adopting a supporting role (which appears, to me, to be her strength, even in helping Garden administration after Squall becomes the Commander) and facing her deal with Squall.

More to the point, there's a scene that a lot of people forget, and that's the one on the Ragnarok after Squall comes back from the Moon Base. /Quistis/ is the one who calls him a fool and challenges him, like a /good/ teacher, to go after the girl (hey, Rinoa's still seventeen, which is why I can forgive /her/ faults, much like most of the group) he probably loves, after spending more than half of the game wanting him herself. And as for the fight with Seifer--Quistis has known these two for years. It's /always/ Seifer who starts the fight. That's implied directly in the game. Sure, it was unprofessional to flirt with him, but I get the idea that she was the sort of person to try to keep her other students at ease, too.

Sure, she has flaws, like every other member of the group. Maybe /you/ can't see what's going for her--but I can see a deep character who's trying to reconcile being almost as young as her friends and still being stuck in a position and mindset of authority, among other things. She mopes sometimes, but when it comes down to it, she actually gets the job done--and she only once made the mistake of doing so like she did in front of Squall--who she'd just hoped would be a friend, and maybe return /some/ of the feelings that she had. Mistake, but Squall was /still/ a jerk, there.

So, if you don't get the appeal, that's fine--but I think that it's unnecessarily abrasive to harp about her lack of importance and call her just a 'mere' supporting character. Without supporting characters, the story falls apart. They aren't just /filler/, they're a vital part /of/ that developing love story. Without friends, Squall and Rinoa's story would've made no sense. ...and as for Rinoa vs. Quistis in the realm of the love interest versus the 'other', I seriously doubt that's why most Quistis fans like her; if so, why aren't we all Selphie fans?

daggertrepe
06-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Ok...you need to chill. You have WAYYY to much time if you write something THAT long. I didn't say I liked them together, Squall can go ahead and be with stupid Rinoa for all I care. All I'm saying is that-

1. Is Quistis was hanging from a cliff, SOMEONE would save her, whether it be Squall, Zell, or Irvine. They certainly wouldn't leave her hanging there!

2. I'm talking about her being neglected, not her being romantic with Squall.

3. In FFIX, for instance. Everyone got a shot at love, even poor Steiner. I just wish everyone esle would have gotten a chance, too.

4. Quistis rox, plain and simple. You make HER sound worse, and you're right. I make Rinoa sound worse. Now we're even, and I didn't even have to type a three hour essay.

5. Maybe Squall could have at LEAST been more freindlier with her. I don't give a crap if they get together, Seifer is better for her anyway! :p

But I must say, I didn't need THAT big of an answer. It was a clever answer, but, I mean, it's just a video game, not a politics arguement! I love Quistis cause she's Quistis, not cuz she's perfect. How could you say that you like a character, then say that they aren't important enough to the game or you. If you like a character, they should mean THE GAME to you. Not just a small role in pixels. :(

Christmas
06-25-2006, 06:10 AM
She is never neglected when I go leveling in the island closest to Hell.

daggertrepe
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Chistmas, seriously...

~SapphireStar~
06-25-2006, 04:38 PM
forgive me for saying this but... when did she save him... i honestly cant remember
What? And Scooby you may or may not have noticed, but I did say:

So why make sure to have a long damm rant at me when I havent played the game in a good few years? If you would have bothered to have read the rest of the post instead of jumping down my thoart over the first sentence, I did say I wasnt sure, so you can drop this

She hasn't!? Hmmm....
Little attitude right now.

daggertrepe
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
forgive me for saying this but... when did she save him... i honestly cant remember
What? And Scooby you may or may not have noticed, but I did say:

So why make sure to have a long damm rant at me when I havent played the game in a good few years? If you would have bothered to have read the rest of the post instead of jumping down my thoart over the first sentence, I did say I wasnt sure, so you can drop this

She hasn't!? Hmmm....
Little attitude right now.

Saph's right. You don't need to get an attitude. All I did was state my opinion, and there you go off like fireworks!

scooby
06-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Saph's right. You don't need to get an attitude. All I did was state my opinion, and there you go off like fireworks!Yes - you stated your opinion, and then I stated mine. Your opinion is that, and I quote, "Quistis is EVERYTHING and Riona is poo-poo. Is there a problem that I like Quistis better? So what if I do? Shoot me."
So, your opinion is that Riona [sic] is "poo-poo". Well, pardon this Rinoa fan for having a problem with that blatant bit of character-bashing! However, I think I can be commended for replying to you with what I think was a well-written and carefully thought-out critique of Quistis' character, instead of a flat-out insult to her.

The apparent reason for this thread's existence is so that fans of FFVIII can discuss whether or not they feel that the character of Quistis was "neglected" in the game. I gave my opinion on this matter: I do NOT feel that Quistis was neglected; I feel that Quistis simply had nothing more to contribute to the game, and that there wasn't much more to her character than what we saw. I didn't realise that this thread was just an excuse for a bit of mindless Rinoa-bashing. Nor did I realise that people with different opinions to those of the thread-starter would be accused of having an "attitude problem". I apologise.

It's interesting that you defensively accused me of "dissing" Zidane/Garnet, when I was doing nothing of the sort. However, I am not permitted to jump to Rinoa's defence when she is clearly being bashed...? Doesn't seem fair....

Squall/Rinoa is very important to me. I have a lot of personal memories associated with the pair....
So why make sure to have a long damm rant at me when I havent played the game in a good few years? If you would have bothered to have read the rest of the post instead of jumping down my throat over the first sentence, I did say I wasnt sure...Perhaps if you weren't sure you shouldn't have said anything?...instead of making negative assumptions about Rinoa that were bound to inflame her fans (she does have them, you know :p).

You don't have to be so rude to me. I wasn't trying to be rude to you - even though it might have come across that way.

I wasn't having a "long rant" at you - I was reminding you of the times that Rinoa saved Squall, seeing as you had forgotten.

It's just the way I am, Saph. Meticulous. It's not personal....

Serapy
06-26-2006, 01:09 AM

I kind of wished the same...I mean, they really did have more of a past and all...all of the dreams were crushed when stupid Rinoa came into the picture...gosh! She just...gets on my nerves. She's not even HALF as pretty as Quistis, Aeris, OR Dagger, and she needs to be saved every second. Dagger only needs to be saved once, Aeris only needs to be saved once, and Quistis never needs to be saved. Rinoa has to be saved like 5 times. And besdies, all of those girls AND Beatrix could kill her in a fight.

Enough with the bashing. I think that Quistis should have a WAY more important role all through the game, not just in the beginning. After all, she saved Squall's ass, and she doesn't even get one thanks! :mad2:

You know that Rinoa is kind of resemblance to Dagger pretty much, despite their personalities, but however I don't have any problem with Rinoa's personality, she's amazing, she has been openly, has no low esteem and everything. What's wrong with Rinoa? :( sorry I don't understand why.

Well, I don't think it would match for Quistis and Squall to be a couple, because both of them don't seem to love each other. Quistis didn't neglect with Squall, and I think that's not Squall's style and plus Squall found Rinoa more of a care, attractive, active person than Quistis.

Quistis being neglected, well I think that's the way it is because she didn't want to be neglected by judging her movements.

Shiny
06-26-2006, 01:12 AM
I do not like Quistis, but I have to agree that she is neglected in her love life (or lack there of). Particulary by Squall, because he is too dumb to realize that a young, attractive and skilled woman is in love with him. Instead, he would rather date someone he's only known for a short period of time. I bet she could have been developed more if her character wasn't barking up the wrong tree. The only time I liked her was when she gunned down that mechanical spider...defending her man. :D

Qurange
06-26-2006, 02:03 AM
See, that's why I was thinking that it was a bad idea to bash Rinoa in defending Quistis; it just makes people bash Quistis, which defeats the whole purpose of trying to show that she's an interesting character who should be given more credit.

But then, the idea that she's neglected is what fanfiction is for.

G SpOtZ
06-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Quistis was simply an overall, deeper character than Rinoa. Rinoa had more of a story behind her, but Quistis' personality is a bit more... mysterious, and questioned. Rinoa's is right out there, and pretty simple. I would have been a bit more interested in the game if Quistis' history was more revealed though.

daggertrepe
06-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Yeah, me too, G-Spotz. Scooby, you did spend loads on time on that, therefore, I commend you. I have nothing against Rinoa people, so now that all our opinions have been let out, let's all be friends! :D

Maybe I love Quistis BECAUSE she's neglected. I always get drawn into the more unnoticed characters because I want to learn more about them. But, I have to say, I do love Quistis! :D

I've thought about it, and Rinoa isn't poo-poo. I guess she's OK, and that's all I'll give her. :)

Serapy
06-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, me too, G-Spotz. Scooby, you did spend loads on time on that, therefore, I commend you. I have nothing against Rinoa people, so now that all our opinions have been let out, let's all be friends! :D

Maybe I love Quistis BECAUSE she's neglected. I always get drawn into the more unnoticed characters because I want to learn more about them. But, I have to say, I do love Quistis! :D

I've thought about it, and Rinoa isn't poo-poo. I guess she's OK, and that's all I'll give her. :)

I'm pretty sure that Rinoa is one of Dagger's relations :P They almost look the same.. execpt... FF9's characters look so smaller than FF8 characters, but imagine.. if FF9's characters were about to be resized (same size as FF9 characters) hmmmmm

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Perhaps if you weren't sure you shouldn't have said anything?...instead of making negative assumptions about Rinoa that were bound to inflame her fans (she does have them, you know ).
I wasnt bashing Rinoa, I am a Rinoa fan. I was just saying that Quistis may have saved Squall more then Rinoa. And I could say anything if I wished for God's sake.

scooby
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Perhaps if you weren't sure you shouldn't have said anything?...instead of making negative assumptions about Rinoa that were bound to inflame her fans (she does have them, you know ).And I could say anything if I wished for God's sake.Yes - you could. But some things you could say might be very rude and/or unfriendly, and some things you could say might even get you banned....

I don't think I'm the one with the attitude problem....

Anyway...as Selphie would say, "love and peace!"

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I havent got an attitude problem, you did come across as being rude to me. Take your own advice;

But some things you could say might be very rude and/or unfriendly,
End of. I cant be bothered going on with you.

Chris
06-26-2006, 01:10 PM
People, why must you fight? :(

Quistis was neglected, but not forgotten. Squall did obviously care for her somewhat, but never in a romantic way. They were friends, and I am sure that Squall appreciated their friendship greatly. He did seem a bit cold towards her, but he's EMO, so what do you expect? He's incapable of letting someone know that he actually cares about them. Rinoa was very abrasive in her approach towards Squall, so she kinda forced him to open up to her.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
People, why must you fight?
Yeah, no point. Should be happy that there are people who are willing to stick up for the characters. Sorry Scoob, thanks for the name explanation :D And the arguements put up are ... long! Lol, yeah, Rinoa is cool, so no arguements now dudes :D

daggertrepe
06-26-2006, 05:10 PM
And dearest darlingest Quistis is cool also, but never forgotten! :)

BardTard
06-27-2006, 04:48 AM

Same here! I always have either Quistis or Selphie with me. Usually Quistis.

Quistis reminds me of my geometry teacher... :love: They're both hot, and almost everyone in my school wants to do her.

And I think Quistis should have been with Squall, too! I made a Quistis+Squall fanfic! But I dunno where it's at... :(

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Same here! I always have either Quistis or Selphie with me. Usually Quistis.

Quistis reminds me of my geometry teacher... :love: They're both hot, and almost everyone in my school wants to do her.

And I think Quistis should have been with Squall, too! I made a Quistis+Squall fanfic! But I dunno where it's at... :(

Well...my swim coach kinda looks like Squall...and I wanna do him-every girl does, then again...

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 03:42 PM
In the end people end up dodging from the issue at hand, not only in this thread but in quite a few others.
It always leads up to someone insulting someone else and thus the thread is close...:(

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
What are you talking about? We're all fine now! :)

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 05:19 PM
What are you talking about? We're all fine now!
I know. Your going on about people straying from the subject in question and your doing it yourself. The arguements have been sorted out, dont start trying to bring it up.

BACK ON TOPIC!

I was having a conversation about 8 parties with my boyfriend and his mate. His mate adores Quistis and said he never neglected her because he used her in most of his battles, more then Rinoa he said. So he didnt neglecte her, and really hates Squall for chosing Rinoa over her :D I cant recall how much I used her in battle.

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 05:35 PM
What are you talking about? We're all fine now!
I know. Your going on about people straying from the subject in question and your doing it yourself. The arguements have been sorted out, dont start trying to bring it up.

BACK ON TOPIC!

I was having a conversation about 8 parties with my boyfriend and his mate. His mate adores Quistis and said he never neglected her because he used her in most of his battles, more then Rinoa he said. So he didnt neglecte her, and really hates Squall for chosing Rinoa over her :D I cant recall how much I used her in battle.

I kinda wish he woulda picked Quistis also...and I also use Quistis as much as possible, so i don't neglect her personally. But if she were to be picked instead of Rinoa it wouldn't have worked becasue Quistis is too shy to lighten Squall up-therefore he would never get his emotions out. Rinoa fits him perfectly. Quistis I think would go good with Seifer. :D

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I always seen Quistis with Irvine for some reason. I just use to think she would keep him in line with her whip! I seen Zell with Selphie, Seifer could go with Fujin :D What a match!

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Maybe, but I prefer Selphie with Irvine, Quistis with Seifer cuz they could keep each other in tact, and Zell could be lonely, since I don't care about him very much. And of course RinoaxSquall. But a lot of people hate her more than Quistis. I looked on google and found about 5 differnt Rinoa-bashing sites. And I though Quistis was hated and neglected...:(

Alive-Cat
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Zell could be lonely, since I don't care about him very much.

What's wrong with people neglecting Quistis when you yourself don't care about Zell? People have their own opinions, it's just that a majority of FFVIII fans aren't too fond on Quistis. There's no particular reason for this, they just aren't. You're not too fond on Zell. Good for you. You're different. :)

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM

What's wrong with people neglecting Quistis when you yourself don't care about Zell? People have their own opinions, it's just that a majority of FFVIII fans aren't too fond on Quistis. There's no particular reason for this, they just aren't. You're not too fond on Zell. Good for you. You're different. :)

Actually, a lot of peoiple like Quistis more than Zell and Rinoa. So not the MAJORITY dislike her, SOME of them do. :)

Alive-Cat
06-27-2006, 06:13 PM

Actually, a lot of peoiple like Quistis more than Zell and Rinoa. So not the MAJORITY dislike her, SOME of them do. :)

So, now I'm going to ask, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD? You've just said yourself that more people like Quistis than Zell and Rinoa. So in what way is Quistis neglected? She seems extremely popular to me. :confused:

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Nop not in this site according to the peoples voice in this site the most beloved FFVIII character is none other than Xu:D
And Zell also as more popularity than Quistis cause he was at the finals of the FF8 elimination game so you´re wrong about that part Sakura.

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 07:10 PM

So, now I'm going to ask, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD? You've just said yourself that more people like Quistis than Zell and Rinoa. So in what way is Quistis neglected? She seems extremely popular to me. :confused:

In the game she was pretty negelected if you ask me. More than anyone esle.

BardTard
06-27-2006, 07:23 PM
But doesn't she have a fan club? How can she possibly be neglected?

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Yes, but the "Trepies" aren't mentioned much and they dont have much game time, soooo...yea.

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
And Zell also as more popularity than Quistis cause he was at the finals of the FF8 elimination game so you´re wrong about that part Sakura.

How is she wrong when it is her opinion? So Zell won in some elimination game, that doesnt mean everyone has to love him.

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 07:29 PM

How is she wrong when it is her opinion? So Zell won in some elimination game, that doesnt mean everyone has to love him.

As far as I'm concerned, Zell had a bigger role than even Quistis, but I still don't like him as much.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Zell is the main secondary character.

And shappirestar i just stated that in this site there are more Zell fans that´s all of course there are a lot of Quistis fans but in here i think that Zells fans are a bit more...or at least they voted more or something.

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Re-read your post. You said SakuraAngel623 was wrong in believing Zell was the most uncared for character due to some game on this site. Not every FF8 fan comes here and not every FF8 fan loves Zell. SakuraAngel623 happens to be one of them. Yes you stated that Zell won, but why tell SakuraAngel623 she was wrong about Zell when it was her opinion of him?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok maybe it was the wrong choice of words but i still believe that in EoFF Zell as a litle bit more fans since we lasted longer and while maybe not everyone posted...the majority of the FF8 fans.

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
It's alright you guys. I don't mind. All I'm saying is that I really don't care for Zell, and I probably never will. If JDAS likes Zell, let him like Zell!

By he way, Saph, did you see Pirates of the Carribian? I wanna see it SOOO bad, and your icon is making me want to see it even more! :tongue:

BardTard
06-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I like Quistis more than Zell, because Zell reminds me of a guy I used to be best friends with. He acted just like him. Really hyper... (total jerk btw) and he seems really gay (not that I have a problem with that)... And he has this LOVE ME OR I'LL GO CRAZY attitude. :mad: And Quistis is just awesome, especially that part in Dollet! :D

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
By he way, Saph, did you see Pirates of the Carribian? I wanna see it SOOO bad, and your icon is making me want to see it even more!
Got the first on DVD, the second movie isnt out in the UK yet :( But Im taking my Johnny Depp crazed cousin with me to see it as a treat cause shes been ill lately.

I have nothing agaisnt JDAS liking Zell, but his choice of words were wrong. Like whoever you chose to like and dislike whoever you chose to like. I just cant stand it when people call others wrong because of what/who they like/dislike. Its so playgroundish.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok then peace

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 08:15 PM
That's true, SapphireStar, and yes, peace!

f f freak
06-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I love Quistis but she was pretty neglected in the game and I think that other characters had more of a story than her. She saved Squall quite a few times actually as well but no one in the game seems to care for her. I Don't like Zell and I absolutely HATE Rinoa. I think that Squall should have gone for Quistis and Selphie. That would be so cool *Drools over Squall, Quistis and Selphie* I feel that Rinoa was always too like save me on nearly every disc you save her I think apart from maybe disc four because I haven't played that disc in like forever.

BardTard
06-27-2006, 09:31 PM
I love Quistis but she was pretty neglected in the game and I think that other characters had more of a story than her. She saved Squall quite a few times actually as well but no one in the game seems to care for her. I Don't like Zell and I absolutely HATE Rinoa. I think that Squall should have gone for Quistis and Selphie. That would be so cool *Drools over Squall, Quistis and Selphie* I feel that Rinoa was always too like save me on nearly every disc you save her I think apart from maybe disc four because I haven't played that disc in like forever.

That's so true I hate Rinoa too!!! Saving Rinoa all the time sucks the fun out of the game. :( I mean realistically... he should have been with Quistis. I don't have anything against Zell, except that he reminds me of my ex-best friend, who I hate now. Squall and Zell might be a good couple. After all, Zell is always groping Squall! lol :D

Alive-Cat
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmm, Sakura, I think I understand what you mean now. Yes, in the storyline of FFVIII there wasn't much about Quistis. But that's because she was merely a supporting character, unlike Rinoa or Squall, who were the MAIN characters. There's a reason why they're the only characters you get to name. This thread shouldn't be about bashing Rinoa. Quistis played her part in the story, just like everyone else. She wasn't a character before FFVIII was created, therefore she was created only to play her part in the story of FFVIII.
Also, from a different angle, FFVIII just generally sucks, in my opinion. I think they spent too much time layering the characters, building layers upon layers. Yes, even Quistis.

scooby
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Particulary by Squall, because he is too dumb to realize that a young, attractive and skilled woman is in love with him [Quistis]. Instead, he would rather date someone he's only known for a short period of time [Rinoa].I completely disagree. I think that Squall was well aware of Quistis' feelings for him; he simply did not reciprocate them. (Far be it from a horny fanboy to understand that.... :p) He tried to get out of going to the make-out spot - sorry, "secret area" - with her, because he was suspicious of her intentions. But in the end, Quistis gave him no choice.

I don't see what the length of time you've known a person has to do with whether or not you have chemistry with them. Chemistry isn't something that happens over time. It's either there (as with Squall and Rinoa), or it's not (as with Squall and Quistis).

Squall and Rinoa's first meeting is a perfect demonstration of how good chemistry works. Complete strangers...and yet - within about ten minutes of meeting Squall, Rinoa had managed, not only to mould him into a half-decent dancer, but also to get a radiant smile [attachments 1, 2, 3] out of him! - which is probably more than Quistis accomplished in 16 years of knowing him! The chemistry was there. The expression on Squall's face [attachment 4] when Rinoa left him on the dance floor says it all. Can you say, "kicked puppy"?

Quistis herself remarked on this when she joined Squall on the balcony - where he was sulking - after Rinoa took off: "So you'll dance with someone you don't even know, but you can't stand being around me?"

Squall's reply: "...Whatever."

My comment on the above exchange: "Indeed." ;)

About the debate that's been going on, concerning the characters' popularity: Alive-Man said that Zell is more popular than Quistis; SakuraAngel623 said that Quistis is more popular than Zell and Rinoa. They were both stating their opinions as fact, with no real evidence to back up their claims. It wasn't just Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer.

And it seems to me that ~SapphireStar~ is just getting on everyone's case - which makes me feel less targeted....
She [Quistis] saved Squall quite a few times actually...She did? Would you mind enlightening me to these "other" times? Because I am a BIG fan of FFVIII, and I can only think of one instance of Quistis saving Squall in the game (and I believe that sequence is optional).

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
And it seems to me that ~SapphireStar~ is just getting on everyone's case - which makes me feel less targeted....
Excuse me!? Did I or did I not apologise to you regarding posts?!

Yeah, no point. Should be happy that there are people who are willing to stick up for the characters. Sorry Scoob, thanks for the name explanation And the arguements put up are ... long! Lol, yeah, Rinoa is cool, so no arguements now dudes

I shouldnt have even bothered to apologise to you cause it obiviously falls on deaf ears.

Leeza
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
This ends now.