PDA

View Full Version : You all are crazy! (Nemesis)

Omni-Odin
06-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Ok, I can understand beating Omega or Ultima. It takes leveling and is worth it in the end. However, I decided that I finally wanted to take on Nemesis. So I pulled out the old memory card and wanted started capturing monsters. I've only got two areas left, plus the tonberry's in the Sunken Cavern and I've racked up a total of 120 hours gametime. I don't know about all of you, but that's insane. Plus, I am not even close to the stats that people tell me to be at when deciding to fight Nemesis. However, I'm still hitting for 25,000 a hit with Tidus. If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

Did anyone beat him with lower stats than 255 Strength and Agility? Please tell me it's possible and I'm not wasting my time.

Tavrobel
06-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Yes. I beat him at 150 average in all stats. I used Zanmato for 2.6 million gil. However, when I rematched him, I was at 250 average in all, and did not die. I didn't feel like wasting my time seeing the music fade out as mycharacters all came back to the main screen with 1 HP each.

The answer is, if you are playing RPGs, I'm pretty sure that time isn't exactly a problem for you. If you are still doing 25000 with Tidus (or strongest character), you aren't ready for Nemesis. Don't worry though, you have around...

50 hours before you should try him without Zanmato? Technically you could kill him right now if you wanted.

You ask if it's possible to do it under 255, and not to waste your time. I ask of you: what ISN'T a waste of time? Stuck on this floating, eternally falling crapshod of something they call a rock. Whoever made this thing must have had an affinity for round and shiny objects. You could be doing something productive. You might not be. How will you know? For nothing is worth anything.

Renmiri
06-23-2006, 05:18 AM
You ask if it's possible to do it under 255, and not to waste your time. I ask of you: what ISN'T a waste of time? Stuck on this floating, eternally falling crapshod of something they call a rock. Whoever made this thing must have had an affinity for round and shiny objects. You could be doing something productive. You might not be. How will you know? For nothing is worth anything.

:D A poet!!!

rubah
06-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Yeah I had about 220 in most stats. Really, speed+the hitting+the hp=win.

Captain Maxx Power
06-23-2006, 12:30 PM

I'll give you a reason; because he feels like doing it. Quite being so emo and let's give the boy some encouragement! I am attempting this same challenge in my spare time (currently rocking it out on AnimaRO). Yes it's daunting, but take it a step at a time. Concentrate on capping all the necessary monsters, get round to defeating Omega Weapon (he can be done on quite "low" stats), then start worrying about sphere grid customisation.

And good luck :)

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I hope you stole/bribed Ultima/Omega Weapon. :cat:

Omni-Odin
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks, it looks like I have some work to do, but I appreciate it. And I agree with you on the emo thing Maxx.

BakerMan
07-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Lol, I've got like 600 hours on mine, I still haven't gotten to Nemesis I never felt like working my way through all the areas with those capturing swords... I suggest you train and build up your items though.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Please do Don Tonberry or use whatever arena monster to train. I don't know how people have time to train 'traditionally' to max out stats. I mean, you'll have to restock on Power Spheres alot, but it's well worth it. (Compared to hundreds of hours of training.)

Iceglow
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
nemesis isnt too hard if you know the correct ways to gain AP I believe however that you should try to max out defence and magic defence too otherwise whilst you may hit for maximum damage those counter attacks will be brutal.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
And Accuracy...and maybe Luck. xD And maybe...every stat. xD