PDA

View Full Version : Six titles confirmed for Wii's launch(Including an RPG)

Crossblades
06-23-2006, 02:40 AM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2739

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, there are so far six confirmed titles for the launch of Nintendo's Wii. The number of titles will probably increase as it gets closer to launch, but here are the titles confirmed so far:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Pfft, more like 5.1 games. A GameCube game with retooled controls does not a Wii game make.

Galbadian Soldier
06-23-2006, 02:53 AM
Wow that looks like a pretty sweet launch line up. The Wii is the system i'm looking forward to the most but I thought FF:CC was a launch title too? Well if not that still looks like to be one of the best launches.

Also LoZ:TP is FINALLY coming out!! :D

escobert
06-23-2006, 03:15 AM
Pfft, more like 5.1 games. A GameCube game with retooled controls does not a Wii game make.
Kishi made a typo holy! and which gaem are you speaking of?

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm assuming Twilight Princess.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Kishi made a typo holy! and which gaem are you speaking of?That's not a typo, sir.

Erdrick Holmes
06-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Red Steel's gonna be one of the few Ubi Soft games to not totally blow.

Anybody got a predicted date for Smash Bros Brawl?

ljkkjlcm9
06-23-2006, 04:56 AM
I'm assuming Twilight Princess.
don't assume, "Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!" - Under Siege 2

but yes that's the game because it's the GC game just with Wii controls

sounds like a great launch, for start, considering Nintendo has announced before they will have around 20 launch titles, about 5 being 1st party games, so there will be more announced in the future

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
06-23-2006, 05:10 AM
I remember there being more. But alot of them were just movie games.

Personally, the only 2 games out of those that I'm positive I'm getting are Metroid and Zelda. I'm interested in Dragon Quest and Rayman: Raving Rabbids, though. Dragon Quest because it's an RPG, and Rayman because of the interviews with the creators. The way they're giving examples gives me a clear image in my head about what the final game will be like in terms of Gameplay differences with the Wiimote. Red Steel... well, maybe. But my Mom would most certainly not let me play it, and I'm dissapointed with how the Sword controls. Super Monkey Ball is one I am considering, but not so sure of.

Roto13
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Well, I'll be buying one version, for sure.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - I've never been able to get into Metroid games, so I probably won't want to play this one. Unless the Wiimote makes it more awesome.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors - I want more details, but this is a strong contender for a launch game I buy.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - I never got into Monkey Ball either.

Red Steel - Even if it's fixed, it's not the kind of game I see myself playing. But who knows?

Rayman Raving Rabbits - I like Rayman but this title sounds suspiciously like a spinoff. We'll see.