PDA

View Full Version : Magical Fingertip

Hambone
06-23-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm trying to get the magical fingertip for Steiner's Excalibur. They won't auction it! Is there a system/secret/method to get them to auction the magical fingertip? Because I've wasted 3 full hours of auctioning.

gigames08
06-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Buy:
Rat's Tail
Une's Mirror
Doga's Artifact

... and sell them to three people in Treno:

Noble (the big fat guy in red, by the Cafe Carte)
Adventurer (looks mysteriously like a Red Mage, by, funnily enough, the Cafe Carte)
Scholar (guy in the Synthesist's shop)

*HINT: The Noble and Adventurer will offer more money if you refuse their first offer*

Then, keep going back to the Auction House and the Magical Fingertips should turn up.

Out of curiosity, you DO have the S Rank Medal from the Four-Armed Man, don't you?

Chris
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
The trick to offer as little gil as possible when bidding for an item, is to avoid being caught into a bidding war. If you attempt to outbid the nobles at every turn, they will keep raising their bids and as a result, you have to pay even higher price, just because they know that you are VERY DETERMINED to outbid them.

The trick is to let the nobles bid among themselves for a while and when it seems like the item is about to be sold, quickly offer a price that is reasonable and is HIGHER than the last. This last-minute bid will most likely guarantee you to get the item at a reasonable price
There you go.

Twilight Edge
06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
I have a trick too.

Wait until a noble's price gets a 1,2,3 count and then quickly bid it for an extra 10 gil.If a noble outbids you,just repeat the same process over and over again and you may get an item for a reasonable price at an extra 10 gil.

Oh yeah,you can only bid for the magical fingertip on disk 4.

Zeromus_X
06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I just wait till the very last seconds of bidding, and do it. (Like...Ebay.)

Hambone
06-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks! I got Excalibur at about 5 in the morning! And no, I don't have the S rank medal.

The Black Fan
06-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Also if you don't want that item and don't have much money for the next do this:
when a noble makes an offer you just open the window to make your offer and close it in less than 1 sec

gigames08
06-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh... you need the S Rank Medal to use the Magical Fingertips properly. To get it you have to do lots and lots and LOTS of side-quests, like the friendly monster quest, beating Ozma (!!!!), the chocobo quest, etc, etc. Then you talk to the four-armed man in Daguerreo, follow him and get the medal. Then talk to the old man in Daguerreo's library, and he'll ask for the fingertips, yada yada. Hand 'em over, get the sword, equip it. Good old Steiner...

TheSpoonyBard
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
You don't need the S Rank Medal to get the Excalibur. Look at what TKM said above. Also, you don't need to do the Friendly Monster sidequest or defeat Ozma to get the medal.