PDA

View Full Version : Needs a little bit of help again with the dang extractor

Yuna_wannabe
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
What are some different ways to cast haste. Tidus has no abilities and wakka only knows dark attack. are there any items that is possible for me to get now that could help me!?!

Tavrobel
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
You should have learned on the Sphere Grid, which you should have done by now. If you didn't, you may have to go back.

In order to cast it, you have to go to Tidus' White Magic menu in battle, and find the spell called "Haste" and choose a target. As of right now, no, there are no ways to cast Haste with any other characters, get Haste as an Auto-Armor ability, or anything else (since you cannot customize as of yet).

Yuna_wannabe
06-23-2006, 03:44 PM
poopie!... thanks so basically i am on my own for this battle no haste to help me. pooop!

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2006, 04:14 PM
He doesn't know ANY abilities? You haven't been using the sphere grid, or have you been running from everything? If I'm WAY underleveled from running I usually start a new game and do it right.

Yuna_wannabe
06-23-2006, 04:27 PM
i don't understand the Sphere grid that well and where i just finished x2 i neglected the sphere grid forgetting about it and sadly now i need it.

gabrielo2580
06-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I beat the game without using the sphere grid at all so u shuldnt have any truble with this boss since he is in the beggining.

If u hate the sphere grid so much maybe u shuld try the no sphere grid challenge

Donna Tonberry
07-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I really hope you made seperate save files. If you did, find any of yours from Luca and buy the Stunning Steel for Tidus. This has Slowtouch, which might work as an almost-haste if you can pull it off. If you didn't, go to the help menu. Watch the sphere grid tutorial. Still don't get it? Watch it again. Once you understand it, go crazy on the sphere grid. By moonflow, you should be around Delay Attack approximately (for Tidus).

Coppo
07-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Ahh, I still remember my first time playing the game, when I didn't quite understand the Sphere Grid. I just went through the grid just to learn the abilities, and I completely ignored the attribute nodes. XD I got as far as the big Mana Beam Turret thingy Brother uses against the party.

But yeah, the Sphere Grid is very important throughout the game. That's why it's important not to skip through the tutorials. Whether you did or didn't, I may never know. But you should get to know the Sphere Grid. There aren't any of those stalls with the tutorials in the Moonflow, so you should start a new game and pay close attention to Rikku's explanation of the Sphere Grid.

jaxun
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
do you even get stronger even at NSG games??

DeathKnight
07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Aww! It's alright Yuna_wannabe....it happens to us all with our first FF....we don't want to waste time understanding sphere grids or junction systems(FFVIII) we don't see it as something necessary and close to the end...we see we have no chance in beating the game...it happened to me and to a lot of us.

So hey, you can either start the game from the beginning or read the manual which explains the sphere grid and all that or someone in the game might be able to explain it to you...forgot who...

4evarisha
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Right thats true.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
i think there's a tutorial section in the config menu, but i'm not toally sure. it's possible to kill extractor without haste it just makes it harder. have wakka use dark atack till it works then just attack with him until the darkness wares off then repeat

for tidus, repeatedly use cheer to strngthen attacks (i hope u have that) 5 shud probably do it but u can just keep going and going. after casting them as much as u want. keep pressing triangle with tidus so that his next turn comes quicker and he can use potions/hi-potions when someone gets hit. when extractor rises up, have them both attack it to do 500 dmg quick and stop his mine attack

Tidus1438
07-07-2006, 11:51 PM
You may want to consider trying the battle once more, if it does not work, go back and train Tidus and Wakka more, by now Tidus should have Haste if you developed your characters right.

Levian
07-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Maybe Hastega is close?