PDA

View Full Version : RM Video Converter

Navydav
06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I have 13 Real Media (RM) video files I want to convert over to AVI or MPEG so that they will play in my Windows Media Player. Each file runs between 20-30 minutes long. I would like to transfer them to a video DVD-R, but the program installed on my computer won't let me for what ever reason. I have searched the entire net for one, but All I find is trial version ones, that be fine because I don't plan on using it long, but they only convert up to 5 minutes, cutting alot of stuff out. And others convert other files to RM but not the other way around. Can anybody help me out?

Mirage
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
A partial solution would be to install RealAlternative. RealAlternative enables all directshow players to playback realmedia files. Windows Media Player is a directshow player, and so are most other players too.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

Navydav
06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I tried that out and it didn't really help me. What I need is something that converts RM files over to AVI or something like that. Because My Sonic program will not work with RM.

Navydav
08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I found a great Trial Version of a RM to AVI Video Converter, but my brother got hold of my computer and used up my trial converting other RM files, so I wanted to know if I gave the name of the Program could you download it and convert these files over for me. Its a 25 Day Trial Period with no watermark or unnoticable. You could then save a copy of the Video files for yourself. The Anime is called Love Hina, its kinda of in the vein of Tenchi Muyo! (sorta of). It is really funny and has alot of heart. These episodes are dubbed. Too bad I couldn't find the specials that way. I have many of them already fansubbed, but when I burn the AVI files it kinda cuts off some of subtitles.

The program is called ADVANCED X VIDEO CONVERTER. You can find it fairly easy using Google search engine. I you agree I can e-mail a few files at time. There are about 30 all together. I have search high and low and and had no luck.

Mirage
08-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I've seen that anime already, so no worries :p. I don't know why realalternative doesn't work with your Sonic player. I use Media Player Classic or Zoomplayer. Those are excellent, especially MPC.