PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish: Higher Than Hope

jesteranimefreak
06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok all you Nightwish fans out there... I have a question: does anyone know where the spoken parts found towards the end of "Higher Than Hope" come from? I've been searching everywere and it sounds like it comes from a movie but I can't seem to find this song on any movie soundtracks....... only on the original album "Once" Anyone know the answer?

Tasura
06-23-2006, 07:29 PM
*listens to the song now* No idea, sorry, though it does sound familiar, but ive listened to Nightwish for the last 3 days now, sooo. yea.

jesteranimefreak
06-23-2006, 09:56 PM
-_-; thank you anyway. anyone else?

EDIT: By the way, these are the quotes that are used in the song.... spoken by a guy:

“I would just like to think that not why did it happen to me, but why was I saved? What else can I do now?”

“Being in the dark about something, I can’t even tell you how scary it is. You don’t know what’s inside; you don’t know what’s going to happen to you. And the best way to put somebody at ease is to inform him, even if it’s the grim truth.”

EDIT^2: Not an issue anymore... found the answer This guy, Marc Brueland (http://www.invinciblestudios.com/marc.html), said it after his first surgery for cancer. He was a friend of the band. He passed away before the song was published. I feel like a total jackass now.