PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Tactics Ogre?

The Last Ancient
06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Its a game I've been thinking of buying for years, but haven't due to the cost (the playstation version). Is it worth 70 bucks or more? Is the story really good, music, characters, is it ok if you've never played any of the other ogre games??

Dignified Pauper
06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
for GBA, It's not worth the 70 bucks. I bought it when it came out, and it is pretty amazing. The gameplay is decent enough, though could be better, but it's pretty much awesome. The story is pretty sweet as well.

I still am waiting for a translation of the SNES Tactics Ogre to come out someday.

JKTrix
06-23-2006, 08:50 PM
I second Dignified Pauper's opinion on the GBA game. If you have a GBA or DS, get the GBA game (Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis). I personally enjoyed it more than FF Tactics Advance, though I did play FFTactics a heck of a lot longer. The dude in charge of Final Fantasy 12 created Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story *and* Final Fantasy Tactics, if that gives you any hint of the quality of this series.
I doubt it will be $70 though.

The Last Ancient
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Don't have a gba unfortunetly:)

Qurange
06-23-2006, 11:47 PM
It's worth it, especially if you're talking the SNES versions, like March of the Black Queen. Of course, there /are/ translations out; check the internet, you can find them and emulators, to boot--for the PSX versions, SNES versions, and GBA versions...I haven't found Ogre Battle 64 yet, though.