PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhoads

Venom
06-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Does anybody besides me think that he was Ozzy's best guitarist? I was looking through some of my old guitar world magazines and found some Early Ozzy stuff in there and decided to do some of Randy Rhoads guitar stuff. Anyway Randy is pretty influential to me. Anyone else like Randy Rhoads?

Shoden
06-23-2006, 06:54 PM
He's pretty amazing, he was a bit better guys like Dave Mustaine and Chris Holmes in his golden days but he was under rated. He isn't the best ever though, he takes the gold when modern guitarists that get so much media attention and worships such as Kirk Hammet and the estranged Bucket Head come in. Guys like these were never widely acknowledged for their skills, still aren't but it's clear that he is better then the big names today, well then again alot of big named guitarists bite ass.

Venom
06-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah Randy does some great stuff! I love his guitar soloing method! And Diary of a madman riff makes a good alternate picking excersise!:D

fantasyjunkie
06-23-2006, 07:26 PM
wow, that brings back memories!

DeathKnight
06-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah Randy does some great stuff! I love his guitar soloing method! And Diary of a madman riff makes a good alternate picking excersise!:D

I agree, man, Venom, you're one hella of a metalhead. You know style when you see it, you're a bright future.

I like Randy Rhoads, but Tommy Iommy(Black Sabbath) is still better.

Shoden
06-24-2006, 11:49 AM

I agree, man, Venom, you're one hella of a metalhead. You know style when you see it, you're a bright future.

I like Randy Rhoads, but Tommy Iommy(Black Sabbath) is still better.

It's Tony Iommi btw. I still have to say Rhoads and Hendrix knock down poor tony in a comparison competition, still he's pretty good. But if you've heard Randy at his top form you'll see what I mean. Well andy played with Ozzy too, so Tony cannot win there.