PDA

View Full Version : Ozma help

Hambone
06-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Pretty self-explanatory. :)

Xurts
06-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Okay.

If you want, you can do the friendly creatures side-quest where you give gems to specific monsters. Once you have that done, Ozma will no longer absorb Shadow and will be within range of physical attacks. I beat Ozma without doing this, so it isn't absolutely neccessary. If you like using Vivi and/or Amarant, then it would be a big help if you did this.

Before you fight him, it would be a good idea to equip everyone with Shadow absorbing items, such as Ninja Gear. When Ozma uses Doomsday, it will heal your party instead of hurting them. If you've done the friendly creatures side-quest, then Ozma will be hurt by his own attack! This is even better if you have Vivi/Amarant and have the Return Magic ability activated. He will cast Doomsday a second time, and your whole party should be healed close to maximum HP. I did not have Vivi or Amarant in my party when I fought him, but I did have Shadow absorbing items equipped.

Other than Doomsday, Ozma's other attack that you should protect yourself against is Curse. This does about 2,000-3,000 damage and inflicts your entire party with nearly every status ailment in the game. This can easily wipe out your party. So be prepared. Activate abilities such as Locomotive, Clear Headed, Loudmouth, Antibody, etc. If you use Quina, then she can easily clear up Curse by using Angel's Snack. That is what I did. I activited most of Quina's status protective abilities, and gave my other party members very few. Once Ozma did Curse, I simply had Quina use Angel's Snack.

Activating Auto-Life isn't a bad idea. Since Ozma casts the Death spell, which causes instant death to one party member.

My party consisted of Zidane, Quina, Freya, and Steiner for this battle. Unless you have taken an outrageous amount of time stealing to max Thievery, then Zidane is useless for this battle. Have him one or two hits away from Trance. He should be at a high enough level where his strongest Dyne attack will do 9,999. Now on to Quina. I HIGHLY recammend using her. Her large variety of Blu Magic make her the most useful character in the game, I think. She can serve as both an attack and support character. If you use her, then definately learn all of her Blu Magic, and max her Frog Drop. This usually takes about 140 frogs caught to max. So start early on in the game.

The rest of your party doesn't matter, as long as they both have attacks that deal 9,999 damage.

Another thing before you start, make sure to have everyone with the Auto-Haste and Auto-Regen abilities. These make the battle much, much easier, as does Auto-Life, although I only had it activated on Quina.

Now for the battle. Have Quina cast Mighty Guard first thing. Then use your other three characters to pound away at Ozma with their attacks that do 9,999. When Ozma uses Curse, make sure to have Quina cast Angel's Snack. If your party starts to get dangerously low on HP, then have Quina cast White Wind. If you have Auto-Regen, then you probably won't have to heal anyone. If Quina has a spare turn, have her use Frog Drop which should do 9,999. Ozma only has 65,535 HP, so 7 hits of 9,999 will be enough.

Oh, and BTW, all of my Levels were in the mid 80s, except for Zidane, who was at 99. Remember, the higher your level, the more Magic Stones you have.

Good luck!!

Hambone
06-23-2006, 10:06 PM
oh. I need to level about 15 more levels then.

McLovin'
06-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Or...

Have Steiner use Shock continously. Zidane should take a whole bunch of damage with a regular attack (if you have high levels and the Ultima Weapon)

Vivi MUST cast Doomsday (cas it rocks) and also because it takes 9999 damage.
You have to have either Garnet or Eiko in your party (not amarant as he is useless here) and then have Garnet or Eiko cast reflect on everyone.

That way Ozma can't target you with magic withouty having it come back to him...with 9999 POINTS OF DAMAGE!

If You get cursed then...pray you arent confused so that you can use a Remedy.

If you do the math then you should take around 10-13 thousand per round (probably more) and Ozma only has 50,000 life approximately so 5 turns eh?

Oh as for leveling up you should go to Vile Island and fight the Yams there to get like 9999 a piece for each Yam but they are powerful sometimes. Vile Island is located here, the island southwest of the Iifa Tree. Near the center of the world.

http://ffonline.com/1_ff9gfx/map-world.gif

Xurts
06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Or...

Have Steiner use Shock continously. Zidane should take a whole bunch of damage with a regular attack (if you have high levels and the Ultima Weapon)

Vivi MUST cast Doomsday (cas it rocks) and also because it takes 9999 damage.
You have to have either Garnet or Eiko in your party (not amarant as he is useless here) and then have Garnet or Eiko cast reflect on everyone.

That way Ozma can't target you with magic withouty having it come back to him...with 9999 POINTS OF DAMAGE!

If You get cursed then...pray you arent confused so that you can use a Remedy.

If you do the math then you should take around 10-13 thousand per round (probably more) and Ozma only has 50,000 life approximately so 5 turns eh?

Oh as for leveling up you should go to Vile Island and fight the Yams there to get like 9999 a piece for each Yam but they are powerful sometimes. Vile Island is located here, the island southwest of the Iifa Tree. Near the center of the world.

http://ffonline.com/1_ff9gfx/map-world.gif
Ozma has 65,535 HP. Trust me.

Kupo Man, if you do venture out to Vile Island then be EXTREMELY careful when fighting the Yans. They are the strongest random enemy in the game. They have insane speed, and cast Comet and Snort like every other turn. Comet will do 9,999 damage if you don't have a high enough Magic Defense. Snort is extremely annoying since it kicks one character out of battle, so they recieve no EXP or AP. Each Yan will give you 42,672 EXP, so it is definately worth a try to kill them.

McLovin'
06-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I thought they're called Yams...

TheSpoonyBard
06-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Ozma's got 55,535 HP. Trust me.

McLovin'
06-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Owned.

Xurts
06-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Ozma's got 55,535 HP. Trust me.
Ozma has 65,535. Trance Kuja has 55,535.

TheSpoonyBard
06-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Quale and the Friendly Yan have 65,535 HP. Ozma, Hades, Deathguise and Trance Kuja have 55,535 HP.

Defeating Ozma gives you 65,535 EXP, sure you're not looking at that?

Xurts
06-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Quale and the Friendly Yan have 65,535 HP. Ozma, Hades, Deathguise and Trance Kuja have 55,535 HP.

Defeating Ozma gives you 65,535 EXP, sure you're not looking at that?
I'm almost certain that Ozma has 65,535 HP.

McLovin'
06-23-2006, 11:25 PM

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=36541&rid=34300

Search for it.

Chris
06-23-2006, 11:31 PM
According to all of the sources I've looked at, he has 55,535 HP.

Here's how you beat Ozma:

Battle Preperation

You'll want to have as much auto regenerative ability stones equipped to your characters as possible. Auto-Life, Auto-Potion and Auto-Regen are must haves. HP increasing stones, such as HP+20% are also helpful. The strongest weapons and armor you have will need to be equipped. Equipping the add-on Pumice Piece to your party members is extremely important to protect against Shadow.

Ozma will attempt to silence your magic casters, so make sure they all have the Loudmouth stone equipped. He'll also try to inflict status damages as well, so equipping stones such as Antibody and Clear Headed are recommended.

It's also recommended you work your ideal attack party for this fight up close to their Trance modes, to take advantage of their skills.

Battle Engagement

Luck is a major factor in winning this battle. Although your characters may strike for powerful damage against what seems to be a small number of total hit points, Ozma will unleash a horde of attacks to eliminate you. The key is to keep on top of his attacks immediately after he inflicts them upon you. If any party member has at least half their HP, you can be sure they'll be the first the go down. Double magic attacks are extremely helpful and keeping your party fully healed at all times is necessary. Make sure you heal constantly with magic, skills, Eidolions, and items. This is the toughest battle in the game, so when it comes to using your items and skills, you definately want to splurge. If you have any Dark Matter in stock, use it as much as possible. It will deal a full 9999 damage.

SeeDRankLou
06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Battle went like this:

>>Ozma uses Flare on Quina (dead) (auto-raised)
>>Zidane uses Thievery (9999 damage)
>>Ozma counters with berserk on Zidane (Berserked)
>>Freya uses Dragon's Crest (9999 damage)
>>Ozma counters with berserk on Freya (Berserked)
>>Eiko uses Dark Matter (9999 damage)
>>Ozma uses Curse (everyone dead) (Zidane, Freya, and Eiko auto-raised)
>>Ozma uses Doomsday (everyone guards or absorbs, Ozma takes 9999 damage)
>>Freya uses Dragons Crest (9999 damage)
>>Zidane uses Thievery (9999 damage)

Owned.
6*9999=59994
Less than 65535, so it must be 55535 HP.

Xurts
06-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Well now I am going to have to fight him myself and see. I could have sworn it was 65.

Zeromus_X
06-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Also, input your commands as his attack animations are going off. Then, he won't do his annoying 'I get a turn before you get yours' thing so often.

Goldenboko
07-02-2006, 12:41 AM
I went with the least used strategy... because I was only mid 50s when beating him. I had Steiner use Shock Zidane use a Dark Matter once (only had one :cry:) Zidane go in Trance, and Quina continually use auto-life on anyone who needed it. Oh and I gave Steiner Auto-Haste.
I'm pretty sure this was the battle because I tried to remember so others could see how I beat him (Which was basically luck):
Ozma- Doomsday (didn't do any side-quests before Ozma so it didn't damage him)
Me- Shock, Dark Matter Mighty Guard
Ozma- Mini
Me- Shock (it missed Steiner)
Ozma- Flarestar (Put Zidane in Trance)
Ozma- Death (Missed)
Me- Shock
Ozma- Lvl 4 Holy (Hit noone except Zidane but he absorbed it)
Me- Grand Leathel
Ozma- Holy on Eicko (died but Auto-Life [I had it on all members before the battle])
Me- Shock
Ozma.... DEAD
You'll notice that Ozma got an attack for every one of mine (once two)...
That's because Ozma ATB bar fills every time you use an attack and gets to attack except if you attack during a battle animation which explains my first turn. Shock, Dark Matter, and Mighty Guard in successtion. So you don't have to worry too much about your speed too much cause Ozma will always be faster I put Auto-Haste on Steiner because I needed him to always have him have his attack. As you can see that could've been very bad but it didn't because it didn't. So Kupo if your gonna be like me or any one else that's a low level just pray he uses the wrong attacks on the wrong characters... oh and if Ozma EVERY uses Meteor on the first turn put your head between your legs and kiss your @$$ good-bye.

jaxun
07-02-2006, 12:56 AM
you should use freya's dragon crest and other things that do 9999