PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movie Ever

Omni-Odin
06-24-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm sitting here watching Bravo's Scariest Movie Moments and the number one that was given was Jaws. Jaws? I think there are many more movies that are scarier than Jaws. Michael Myers is ten times scarier thann that shark.

So, I just wanted to know your imput on the scariest movie ever. Type away.

Chris
06-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I know it's going to sound totally lame, but Fright Night scares the living day lights out of me. I know, it's a vampire flick of the 80's, but it's hella scary.

:(

fantasyjunkie
06-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Deliverence with Burt Reynolds. that movie totally smurfed me up! To this day I'm scared of the forest or Hillbillies!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-24-2006, 02:01 AM
The Shining. Scared the living crap outta me. This coming from the person that thinks scary movies are funny. That movie was not even close to funny. :(

Chris
06-24-2006, 02:17 AM
The Shining. Scared the living crap outta me. This coming from the person that thinks scary movies are funny. That movie was not even close to funny. :(
The original or the one with Rebecca DeMornay? The remake is actually a lot scarier than the original, even though Jack Nicholson is hella scary in the orginal. :(

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-24-2006, 02:23 AM
The original or the one with Rebecca DeMornay? The remake is actually a lot scarier than the original, even though Jack Nicholson is hella scary in the orginal. :(
I dont know what it was. It was the one with Jack Nicholson in it. I didnt know there were two! :p

Craig
06-24-2006, 02:23 AM
I don't understand what's so scary about The Shining.

Chris
06-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Watch the remake, and you'll know. :(

Craig
06-24-2006, 02:26 AM
Watch the remake, and you'll know. :(

Ok so is that the one with or without Jack Nicholson?

Chris
06-24-2006, 02:27 AM
That would be the one without Jack.

http://www.dvd-store.it/Copertine/stephen_king_shining.jpg
And that's the remake.

Levian
06-24-2006, 02:30 AM
I really really really really don't like the mask in Scream. It's got this long mouth and scary eyes. Oh, and it has a knife.

Tempest
06-24-2006, 02:33 AM
The Shining remake ending was a little bit happier then the original which kind of killed it for me. The only thing really scary about the remake was that part with the old creepy lady in the bath tub that tried to grab the kid.

Scary movies don't frighten me much but, when I first watched Night of the Living Dead, the original and the remake, it scared me. As a kid though, the movie that scared me the most was Alice in Wonderland...:(

Shoeberto
06-24-2006, 02:38 AM
The Evil Dead had me not sleeping for weeks.

Griff
06-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Anything "based on true events" or any movie with plausible deaths (ie. Final Destination). The really over the top movies aren't scary.

Meat Puppet
06-24-2006, 02:43 AM
My little sister was more scared of Scary Movie than Jaws and I'm pretty sure she saw Jaws before Scary Movie.
And she was really scared of Scary Movie. I just had to say "Scary Movie" and she would run away screaming.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-24-2006, 02:47 AM

And that's the remake.
So uh, that ones scarier? Did it have the twins? I mean the girls that ask the boy to play and die and then reapear in front of his eyes? That scared me bunches.

StarChild
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
The Grudge scared me...only because I have a thing with eyes...

lovehurts
06-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Tommy the pinball wizard.

GooeyToast
06-24-2006, 04:27 AM

And that's the remake.
So uh, that ones scarier? Did it have the twins? I mean the girls that ask the boy to play and die and then reapear in front of his eyes? That scared me bunches.

Remake scarier than original? Don't make me laugh. It was a freaking made for tv movie, and the guy who played Jack didn't look in the least bit menacing. Kubrick knew what he was doing when he made the original.

tan
06-24-2006, 05:03 AM
I think any zombie movie is pretty scary for me, but only the first time, then it gets old.
I also thought the Grudge was scary, and I saw it with my sister and her friend, and they screamed when something scary happened and everyone else laughed. I don't see why they did though, because I'm pretty sure they weren't laughing at them for screaming.

mega_tonberry
06-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Although they didn't scare me, Saw, cube, and final destination are some of my favorite horror movies. Ringu is the only movie I can think of that really scared me. The exorcist and the shining were kinda creepy, but they never outright scared me. However, when I was a kid, I remember not being able to sleep for weeks after watching Night of the living dead.

Zeromus_X
06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Most 'horror' movies are pretty hilarious if you think about it. (Possibly due to predictibility?) Although The Ring and The Grudge were pretty scary, actually. I wish I could find a translation of the novel of Ring and if there's one for The Grudge, that too.

Add-on: Did the Shining TV Special have the same ending as the novel? Because I was pissed off with the original.

The Shoeless Hobo
06-24-2006, 12:10 PM
When I was young, Juarassic Park and Charlie and the Chocalate Factory scared me the most. I thought (at the time) dinosaurs were real and Oompa Loompas freaked me out. xD

When I first watched Blair Witch, that scared me, then I found out it was fake. But recently, nothing's scared me. Though the remake of Chainsaw Massacre disturbed me...

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
The only movie to actually scare me, as in make me not sleep afterwards, was Blair Witch Project. I saw it for my 13th or something birthday and it scared the bajeesus out of me. It was my birthday party and I didn't want to go outside to party because I didn't want the fuckin' hairy witch to get me. :(

Moon Rabbits
06-24-2006, 04:43 PM
The only horror movie to ever creep me out was the Mothman Prophecies.

Everyone laughs when I tell them that :( . But then I laugh when they get scared by the Hills have Eyes.

Rocket Edge
06-24-2006, 04:53 PM
No movie ive seen was exactly scary, however the blair witch progect was well spooky

SaintDave
06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
i thought the grudge was pretty jumpy.

Imperfectionist
06-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't think any movie has really scared me...I think people can't really get scared by visual stuff now, maybe 20 years ago or something but not now, it just doesn't affect people as much. There's a few movies that I think were pretty creepy and sick though...like Saw, I thought that was brilliant. Ringu, The Shining and Texas Chainsaw Massacre were kind of jumpy and there were a few bits where I got a bit squemish in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but they I wouldn't say they scared me.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Misery.

Wow.

Hambone
06-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Chucky, Saw, Scream, Susperia, The Omen (the remake), Darkness Falls, When a Stranger Calls (the remake), and Forest Gump.

Emerald Aeris
06-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Misery.

Wow.

Yes! That one is very disturbing.

The Grudge made me hide in my dryer for a week though.

Captain Maxx Power
06-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Spiceworld. If you want pure, unmitigated fear then watch that movie. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

lady yunalesca
06-25-2006, 10:05 PM
shining, NOT the remake, wtf was that ll about??? kubrick is king!!
and halloween makes me hide behind the sofa....still!!! even though i know that michael myers mask was originall made for william shatner (seriously just look at it). new films are not that scary!!!! the older ones were best!!! :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005OKQF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/photos/shatner.jpg

ok....perhaps shatner IS scarier than myers!!!

Venom
06-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Date movie is the scariest movie ever.

No movie can suck that badly.:eek:

Spiffing Cheese
06-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't think I will ever see a film that terrified me more than The Grudge. Oh, god, I'm scared even thinking about that film. That's the only film that ever made me cry for reasons other than sadness. :laugh: After seeing it I was terrified of taking a shower and going to bed... and going in a lift or in the attic or any sort of small space oh god I'm going to poo myself.

Oh, also, The Blair Witch Project horrified me as well. I may well have cried at that too. And I was probably hiding for most of it but, jesus, the end where she's in the house and he's in the corner and you know what's going to happen and mother of god I hate scary films. ;________;

I can't watch Dawn of the Dead (remake) on my own, either. Or 28 Days Later. That's an awesome film!

Griff
06-26-2006, 12:11 PM
my stepsister went to see Brokeback Mountain without knowing what it was about, and it scared the crap out of her.

Reine
06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
The Ring had me creeped out, mainly because of that bizarre video tape..

Freya Coral
06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
The Hills Have Eyes was pretty creepy... although The Exorcist comes in a close second.

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Britney Spears "Crossroads."

But seriously the japanese version of "The Gudge" terrified me and I had to sell the DVD as I was having nightmares every night.

Zeldy
06-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't think I will ever see a film that terrified me more than The Grudge. Oh, god, I'm scared even thinking about that film. That's the only film that ever made me cry for reasons other than sadness. :laugh: After seeing it I was terrified of taking a shower and going to bed... and going in a lift or in the attic or any sort of small space oh god I'm going to poo myself.

I LOVE The Grudge! I love suspense films ^__^

No film will ever affect me as much as Hannibal. I was too young, I shouldn't have been allowed to watch it. Never again.
It gave me nightmares for Months, I was afraid to sleep at night incase he ate me. Her name was 'Cassandra' wasn't it?

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 10:26 PM
My cousin tormented me about the Grudge cause you have to go into a lift to get to my apartment and I was jumpy about being in it :( Little cow!

Zeldy
06-28-2006, 10:28 PM
My cousin tormented me about the Grudge cause you have to go into a lift to get to my apartment and I was jumpy about being in it :( Little cow!

That bit did made me scream. I get all panicy

Shiny
06-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Spiceworld. If you want pure, unmitigated fear then watch that movie. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
:laugh: ...I actually liked that movie. :shifty:

Carrie scares the *beep* out of me! It's especially scary if you still go to high school.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Eraserhead

drunkymonkey
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Any Rugrats movies.

SaintDave
06-28-2006, 11:25 PM
who's gonna see the grudge 2 then?

Dixie
06-28-2006, 11:30 PM
I saw The Ring and The Ring 2 on a dark, stormy night with my friends. I didn't sleep that night or the night after. I was scared of dark spaces for a week or two. ;_;

SaintDave
06-28-2006, 11:34 PM
i've only seen the japanese version of the ring and its ok. whats the american version like?

Tempest
06-29-2006, 03:08 AM
But seriously the japanese version of "The Gudge" terrified me and I had to sell the DVD as I was having nightmares every night.
I saw that once and it scared the hell out of me. 10 times better and scarier then the english version.

Emerald weapon
06-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Mines has to be ''the evil dead''dead people coming back to life when they have been decapitated and green goo oozing from thier eyes,legs etc and being stabbed with pencils in the eyes isnt something you should see when your 12!!ahemean for example in the film,the main guy has chopped off 1 of the possed heads and buried it and its body,IT RISES AND STARTS TO BITE AND RIP HIM TO PEICES!!when i saw it a was nearly sick and i ahd nightmares for about 2 weeks after it!!

lady yunalesca
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Mines has to be ''the evil dead''dead people coming back to life when they have been decapitated and green goo oozing from thier eyes,legs etc and being stabbed with pencils in the eyes isnt something you should see when your 12!!ahemean for example in the film,the main guy has chopped off 1 of the possed heads and buried it and its body,IT RISES AND STARTS TO BITE AND RIP HIM TO PEICES!!when i saw it a was nearly sick and i ahd nightmares for about 2 weeks after it!!

they were some of the greatest movies ever made!!! :) you should watch the sequels (they get progressivly funnier) my fave is ED 2. :)

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Candyman...effing hate bees.

Sixth Sense and Blair Witch(both came out around the same time I think) were the last movies I can remember scaring me... great movie theater experiences.

oddler
07-05-2006, 05:54 AM

Correct on both points.

Scariest movie = The Exorcist

Dynast-Kid
07-05-2006, 06:08 AM
I get scared of alot of movies but the one that really effected me the most was Psycho.I couldn't take a shower for a week.I really didn't think the Ring was all that scary(though it was creepy when they found that girl in the closet.)I couldn't watch the Grudge because I laughed too much at the part where the man sticks his hand in the bathtub and that kids head came out from the water.It was hilarious!