PDA

View Full Version : i ACTUALLY found out that the theif is useful

im_mrbrightside20
06-24-2006, 08:01 AM
yea all the walkthroughs i read say how bad he is and i figured from the original FF1 that the theif would be the same and not all that strong

but i was curious and after the water crystal i used him because of all the armor and weapons i got for him and like he hits like 9-10 times at lvl 18 and he is doing between 400-600 damage and my knight has an IceBlade and the King one and he is only doing like 300 sumthing so the theif is a lot better than people give him credit for and not only that but he always gets away from a battle and he also saves u money on potions(stealing) and magic keys

has anyone else found him useful lol?

Zeromus_X
06-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Yeah, he's pretty useful. Why would you base him on the FFI Thief anyway?

-Can unlock doors without using keys
-Moderate strength for the time you get him in
-You need one for Goldor's castle.

I dont' remember the 'timeframe of classes losing usefulness' for that game, so that's all I can think of for now.

abrojtm
06-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Yea I used one for Goldor's Manor, but not much after that as I can recall. I wonder if it will be better balanced in FFIII DS?

im_mrbrightside20
06-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, he's pretty useful. Why would you base him on the FFI Thief anyway?

the only reason i said that tho was because all the Walkthroughs based him on it and like a lot of people have said the theif is a lot like the one in FF1 thats all

Hayabusa
06-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Yea I used one for Goldor's Manor, but not much after that as I can recall. I wonder if it will be better balanced in FFIII DS?

I think that's one of the main goals for the remake - to even out the classes so you don't have 2 awesome ones and 2489034023 crippled ones - Someone has already said that in another thread - can't remember who - but they most likely are going to fix that- Cuz that's the 1 thing that SUCKS about 3 - I'm fighting the system - I'm training for the end I'm using a Knight, 2 ninjas, and a Sage

So, not too different - but I'm keeping my main character a Knight cuz I like him - Plus he can use the ragnarock -

Crossblades
06-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I never used a Thief. The only time I use him is to unlock doors

Hayabusa
06-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Yeah, that was the only time I used him too.

Sir Bahamut
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
The Thief is actually one the the strongest and fastest attackers from when you get him (ie. after Kraken) till you get Defenders. He gets a ton of statboosting equipment, gets more hits than the rest of your party at lower levels (assuming everyone is at the same levels), attacks faster, can attack fully from backrow with ranged weapons, and can save your ass by instantly running from a battle.

I always use one for that period in the game.

Reine
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I never used him much. Never touched things like Bards and Vikings and stuff :p

Cant wait to see how FFIII DS balances them all out...

Ninja replaced with Pirate Red Mage
Sage replaced with Red Mage Pimp

:D?

Markus. D
06-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I would.... they would probably give the skill stuff a revamp.