PDA

View Full Version : TV Ad's

Malboro_Menace
06-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Seen any really annoying ads lately? Or really funny ads? Whats your favorite type of ad?

The best type of ad are the beer ads. They're always funny. Like the "It's a big ad!". Good stuff.

As for annoying there is this really smurfing annoying toiletpaper one at the moment where its got this really ugly kid going on about scrunching or folding his toilet paper. And Big brother ads. And any shampoo ad. They are just stupid.

BTW if anyone is wondering why I made this thread it is because ads take up like 99.99% of free t.v. Foxtel (cable) is way better.

Meat Puppet
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't watch enough TV to know enough about ads. I have seen that "It's a big ad!", and I have to admit I got some entertainment from that. The worst ads (in my opinion) are those life insurance ones disguised as infomercials. I don't even know why anybody would do that. And they have that horrible old lady. She makes me want to kill myself.

Necron
06-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, in the UK, we have a horrible frosties advert with this kid singing on it. That advert will be the death of me.

Sergeant Hartman
06-24-2006, 01:22 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-910766048223698423&q=citroen+c4

Anaisa
06-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, in the UK, we have a horrible frosties advert with this kid singing on it. That advert will be the death of me.
I hate that advert. I hope they make a sequel where he chokes on his frosties.

Zeldy
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Theres a rumour round my school that he committed suicide as he was so ashamed. I bet its just lies, though.
I liked the advert, I sang along :(

SaintDave
06-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Theres a rumour round my school that he committed suicide as he was so ashamed. I bet its just lies, though.

i heard about that to. you dont think its true do you?
hope not.

Old Manus
06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Toilet Paper adverts always find clever ways to avert your attention from what you actually do with the paper (talking puppies work every time).

Hambone
06-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Trojan condoms. OMG I hate those commercials!

Anaisa
06-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I think if it was true they would have taken the advert off.

DK
06-26-2006, 12:57 AM
The reason Beer adverts are so awesome is because of the restrictions put on them.

Also, the worst advert of all time was the Wotsits advert with a bunch of chav children rapping. It was horrible.

kikimm
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Trojan condoms. OMG I hate those commercials!

I can understand why you'd hate them NOW. They used to be funny, but now they're just really lame.

My favourite one at the moment is this one for Guiness beer. Only because English people saying "dickens" is the greatest thing in the world.

fleh

SammieBabe
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I remember seeing a commercial years ago, for granola bars, where a young child at a wedding was proceeding to tell the bride, "My Mommy says she can't believe you wore white." A graphic then came over the screen saying, "Need a little quiet time?"
I still think that one is awesome....

Oh, and so is that one Honda commercial. I can't remember what its called though....

Faris
06-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't watch TV partly because of the dumb and annoying commercials. :D