PDA

View Full Version : Just tried the Origins version...

Peter_20
06-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I tried this version about a year ago, and I got tired pretty fast, because it didn't feel like the original version that I've learned to love. :)
However, I tried it again, and now it actually feels very nice to play. :heart:
It's almost like playing a completely new FF game for the SNES, and the whole game got so much more entertaining with all the improvements. :love:
I don't need to buy one Potion at a time or go "Ineffective" in every battle anymore. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Why for the SNES?

Peter_20
06-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Why for the SNES?Well, the graphics were pretty much similar to those of FF4 and FF5. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2006, 06:06 PM
You must have overly rosy memories of the SNES as far as graphics go.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ffivgob.png

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ffvgob.png

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ffigob.png

Dr Unne
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
The FF1 remakes' graphics are approximately FF6-quality, maybe. FF1 has nicer maps and backgrounds though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Maps and backgrounds also happen to comprise the majority of FFI's graphics.

Captain Maxx Power
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
That Origin's graphics are of higher quality than the SNES may have something to do with the fact that they're on a system that has about thirty times the processing power of it's previous counterpart.

Mavander
07-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, the graphics, changed a lot, for good i suppose. But I think the biggest difference is that the game at GBA is a lot easier than at NES. Leveling up is faster, you start with 500 GP, and equippement with magic, are a lot cheaper. So I like GBA version more that NES.

Sefie1999AD
07-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I think FF Origins has its good points, such as having both Easy and Normal difficulty levels, and technically I think FF1 Origins has the best graphics and sound FF1 has ever had, and the music quality is fantastic. ^^

However, there's a few problems I have with the PSX version. First, it just feels slower for some reason, maybe that has something to do with me being used to the WSC version which played pretty fast. Second, I'm not really a big fan of the new translation. It's more polished, but it feels like SE tried to make it look too fine and feel less like FF1. Third, I hate it when I'm choosing commands in battle, and when I press up or down, the cursor goes like upupupupupupupupup or downdowndowndowndown, making me select the wrong command. :mad2:

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, orchestrated music rocks.

ValiantKnight
07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
I think FF Origins has its good points, such as having both Easy and Normal difficulty levels, and technically I think FF1 Origins has the best graphics and sound FF1 has ever had, and the music quality is fantastic. ^^

However, there's a few problems I have with the PSX version. First, it just feels slower for some reason, maybe that has something to do with me being used to the WSC version which played pretty fast. Second, I'm not really a big fan of the new translation. It's more polished, but it feels like SE tried to make it look too fine and feel less like FF1. Third, I hate it when I'm choosing commands in battle, and when I press up or down, the cursor goes like upupupupupupupupup or downdowndowndowndown, making me select the wrong command. :mad2:

Think I have to agree 100% here.
On everything you said :)

Where origins remained quite close to the original.. in normal mode at least. And in easy mode, Mages and Black belt gain so much. Unfortunately Origins is the Th/Ni's nerfing. So if you are a Ninja lover, Origins isnt the one for you. Dawn of Souls is.

Origins normal:
Name changes for items.
Thief nerfed run ability
very little else changed to game mechanics that I know of.

Origins Easy:
Mages get infinite charges.
99 lvl cap.. 99 black belt = ..... ;)
Thief gets nothing.. still has nerfed run ability.

Overall I like the Origins very the most I think... though I need to find a way to play the original.

A question though.
The upupupup/down/down/down that Seph talks about....
Is this because it was(I assume) ported directly from the Wonderswan?
Or at least looks that way. Thought maybe there was a mess up in the engine to cause that if it was a port.

Sefie1999AD
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, orchestrated music rocks.

I don't think the music is orchestrated. The game just used a good quality synthesizer.

A question though.
The upupupup/down/down/down that Seph talks about....
Is this because it was(I assume) ported directly from the Wonderswan?
Or at least looks that way. Thought maybe there was a mess up in the engine to cause that if it was a port.

I'm not sure. I just checked the WSC version, and it doesn't do the upupup or downdowndown thing unless I hold the up and down buttons for a really long time. I remember the PSX version doing the upupup or downdowndown effect even sometimes when you just tap the up or down button. My prediction is that when SE was programming the fast scroll in the Origins' battle menus, they made the amount of time required to press the up or down button until it turns into fast scroll so short that even normal tapping of the buttons sometimes makes the cursor do the fast scrolling.