PDA

View Full Version : Cheating... yuck.

KentaRawr!
06-24-2006, 09:08 PM
When Cheating in Video Games, does it give you a yucky feeling inside? o.o

I just cheated in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow to get a bunch of souls early. Really it was just out of curiosity, but I forgot that my souls change randomly when I do the Succubus Glitch. So now, my Axe Armor soul is gone, and I have a ton of souls early. When I looked at the HellFire soul, I was like "Cool". Then I read the description. "Congratulations."

I cursed at my DS.

So, when cheating in video games, do you feel yucky?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't cheat until I've beaten a game the honest way at least once, mostly to avoid situations such as the one you described. After that, though, anything goes.

Dreddz
06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I feel like an 11 year old.

DK
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
No, I quite enjoy cheating in games. It depends which game it is, though. Some games I don't use cheats on, others i'll use them quite happily.

Master Quan
06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't think the GTA games would have nearly as much longevity if it weren't for the cheats.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Depends on the game, but mostly I only cheat once I've gone through properly.

The best stuff is when you can unlock cheats through playing, a la Goldeneye. If you earn it, after all, you feel quite happy to use it.

Zeldy
06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I feel sneaky whenever I cheat, and when I complete the game I don't get that proud feeling :(
I used a guide for some parts of Another Code, but that game is SO HARD that It didn't bother me cheating.

crono_logical
06-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't cheat until I've beaten a game the honest way at least once, mostly to avoid situations such as the one you described. After that, though, anything goes.

JaytodaP
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I beat turok 3 using all weapons.
At the end of the credits it says Congradulations! You CHeated!

Venom
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Cheating in games makes me feel better about myself!

AdVenT
06-24-2006, 11:31 PM
It only makes me feel bad when it back fires on me somehow!:D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-24-2006, 11:40 PM
By yucky I suppose you mean "lame"
Not in all games because for some I earned the cheats

Roto13
06-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I'll cheat under the following circumstances:

1. It's not really cheating, but I'll use codes that change things in the game without affecting the gameplay. Like... paintball mode in a shooter.

2. I've finished the game already.

3. The game sucks balls. I cheated at Turok 2 back in the day because that game was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and that was the only way to make it tolerable enough to get my money's worth for the rental.

Markus. D
06-25-2006, 12:25 AM
the only game I would cheat on is... none, why bother?

Zeromus_X
06-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah, the JP Scroll glitch made me riddled with guilt. :cat:

I don't cheat in the sense of messing around with the games code, but things like Vanish/Doom or W-Item where you know the programmers were on vacation, I use once I beat the game.

Ramza Beoulve
06-25-2006, 12:39 AM

Outer Heaven
06-25-2006, 12:46 AM
I haven't cheated since GTA:VC. GTA was the only game I cheated in.

Really!

Ryth
06-25-2006, 01:03 AM
I only use cheats when I've beaten a game, I rented a game and don't plan on buying it, or it is so terrible I use them in hope that it'll improve the experience, there has been exceptions though.

Shadowdust
06-25-2006, 01:27 AM
No, I quite enjoy cheating in games. It depends which game it is, though. Some games I don't use cheats on, others i'll use them quite happily.

That's pretty much the way I am. Most RPGs I won't cheat just because I'm given the opportunity to make the game as easy as I wish. For every other game out there though, a trainer or Codebreaker cheat is just what the doctor ordered. :D

Erdrick Holmes
06-25-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't cheat. Henforth why I don't play GTA because those games REQUIRE cheats.

fantasyjunkie
06-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Sometimes games kick my rear end and I need to cheat. I would have never gotten as far as i did in GTA without cheating

Sylvie
06-25-2006, 03:55 AM
Last time I used a gameshark, I was about ready to kill myself. It messed up my Playstation, completely. I only cheat on GTA. Cheats are dumb in my opinion.

DeathKnight
06-25-2006, 04:41 AM
I don't cheat.

Rase
06-25-2006, 04:58 AM
I like to use them after completing a game. Adds a little more to the replay value.

Reine
06-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Like most pople, I only cheat once ive finished the game.

Cheats can even make you worse when pplaying a game. For example: Doom

I very very good at the game, and have even won a big Deathmatch Tournament, but ive noticed that when playing around with cheats, ie, invincibility, I obviously dont dodge and strafe as much, since I cant be hurt. This affects my playing style, since when I start playing sreriously, im still partially thinking im invincible and dont dodge. Also playing with all weapons makes you disregard low ammo, as you can get more with a simple code. That also affects my playing.

Markus. D
06-25-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't cheat. Henforth why I don't play GTA because those games REQUIRE cheats.

xD.... they just tempt you thats all.

kikimm
06-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah I'll cheat. I'm not going to waste my time getting upset over a videogame, so anything that will make the experience more enjoyable or easier is cool with me. And I just can't resist, anyways. I used to be so against cheating but it's good stuff. I always gave in. Although I do wish I wouldn't cheat on Morrowind sometimes. Oh well.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Depends. Usually I don't cheat until I've properly beaten the game, and then only to screw around. However, certain games, like, say, Starcraft, I did cheat because while I KNEW I could beat it, I didn't have the hours of time to sit down and actually do so. So I cheated to get the story, 'cause it's a cool story.

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2006, 08:03 AM
i know someone who cheats all the time and often doesnt even bother completing the game before cheating. i only ever cheat when i complete the game or if the games so rubbish that i cant be bothered to play it properly. im not going to but an AR or a gamshark because thats just spending a lot of money to cheat. cheating can be fun. you want it to be fun though and not easy E.G. on enter the matrix if you put infinite focus on you can have a lot of fun be if you put that on and infinite health its boring because you know you cant lose and you start not bothering to dodge attacks and do good things. cheats are the reason some people arent good at games.

Reine
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Gamesharks can be really awesome with the right codes. So many awesome effects you can make!

black orb
06-26-2006, 10:22 AM
>>> Using gameshark codes is really cheating, I have never used them so I dont feel like I have cheated on a game..
Well I cheated once, there was this Dracula X snes rom that allowed you to get infinite HP/life or something..

Zante
06-26-2006, 10:33 AM
If its a multiplayer game, then cheating is realy lame, but other than that, its fine with me.

Peter_20
06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I didn't feel "yucky" while W-Item-cheating in Final Fantasy 7, because there's no way in hell I'm gonna win 10 000 Chocobo Races just to gain 20 Elixirs and level up in the Northern Crater for 20 minutes. :eek:
Who the hell ever did that, anyway? :p

I mean, it's not exactly hard to win the Chocobo Races once you've got this invincible Chocobo of pwn-age, it just takes a huge-ass time to get ONE Elixir.

However, everything else feels kinda yucky; I think using Save States on emulators gives me a small feeling of yuckiness. :D:p

Chris
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I feel sneaky whenever I cheat, and when I complete the game I don't get that proud feeling :(
I used a guide for some parts of Another Code, but that game is SO HARD that It didn't bother me cheating.
Another Code is one of the hardest games I've ever played, and even with the cheats, I still had trouble finishing it. I think it's okay to use cheats on a game that hard. :(

Yuffie514
06-26-2006, 08:34 PM
i cheat after i've beaten a game at least once. i had Edea join the party permananently in Final Fantasy VIII and used unlimited items code for Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.

drunkymonkey
06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I only cheat when I'm finished it. I never cheat during.

SeeDRankLou
06-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I was playing Resident Evil again, and I just did the trick to get a whole lot of Incendiary Rounds, so I could kill as many Zombies as I wanted without the concern of a V-Act showing up. Didn't really bother me as I was attempting to do a speed run to get the Anti-Tank Gun.

X-Dragon
06-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Its really depends on the game. Like a RPG i wont cheat till im done and just want a little fun. but if its like a shooter i dont care about yea..

CHEATS AWAY!!

Izzo.For.Real
06-26-2006, 11:03 PM
I like to use them after completing a game. Adds a little more to the replay value.

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Depends on the game really, obviously I cheat like hell in GTA. But in most other games I try not to cheat as much as I can until after I have beaten it or gotten tired of it.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I usually don't cheat unless it's just for fun (like the paintball cheat in Goldeneye), or if the game is impossible for me to beat otherwise (which nearly almost happens). I do occasionally exploit the Soul Trap glitch in Morrowind, though.

BakerMan
07-04-2006, 03:40 AM
The only time I cheat is if I've beaten it already. The only game I cheated heavily in was Civ. II, but after that I couldn't play it because I wasn't good at "not cheating" and the cheating made me feel like crap. Cheating or not I still can't get a good rating from the people on that game...:mad2:

Sylvie
07-04-2006, 05:11 AM
I like cheating in GTA. Blowing peoples heads off, skewering them, killing cops, reeking chaos, crashing cars, you know, the usual fun stuff.

NeoCracker
07-04-2006, 05:16 AM
cheating gives me a warm feeling inside. Especially when I get away with it.

Wait, were talking about video games here arn't we? Pay no attention to the above statement.

Moon Rabbits
07-04-2006, 08:55 AM

Werrd.