PDA

View Full Version : FFClassic discussion thread

Dr Unne
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
The staff said I could make a thread about my website because it happens to be hosted on EoFF, and that no one can give me any "gruff" about it.

My goal is to make my FF1 section be the best content of any game on EoFF. I think it's very realistic. For many years, the FF1-4 forums was one of the most active forums at this MB. And that was before all those remakes of the game were made. This is still a hugely popular game among people who have played it, and there are a lot of people who would love it if only they knew it existed.

I'd like this to be a place for feedback and suggestions. I will also post updates to my site from time to time to see how people like them, whether people think they're useless or have any ideas to make things better.

My latest creation is this world map (http://ffclassic.net/worldmap.php). I'm going to list the enemies that can be found on each section of the world map, once I get all that data input into the database. Thoughts?

Lawr
06-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Great Idea.

Captain Maxx Power
06-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Enemy formations and rarity would be spiffy :)

Dr Unne
06-25-2006, 04:05 PM
By formations I take it you mean list "3 IMP", "4 WOLF and a GrWOLF"? That may be doable. Rarity would be somewhat difficult to list, unless I list the entire encounter table for every map.

ljkkjlcm9
06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
By formations I take it you mean list "3 IMP", "4 WOLF and a GrWOLF"? That may be doable. Rarity would be somewhat difficult to list, unless I list the entire encounter table for every map.
I know the entire encounter area for every map! Actually if you have an FF rom and open it through FF Hackster, you can see all of them!

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
06-25-2006, 04:52 PM

Yeah this is what I mean. Even better would be the total experience/gil from each formation, and then an average exp/gil per area value. Perhaps useless to the max, but I'd feel so much warmer inside knowing this information :)

Dr Unne
06-25-2006, 05:29 PM
I know the entire encounter area for every map! Actually if you have an FF rom and open it through FF Hackster, you can see all of them!

THE JACKEL

Yeah, FFHackster is how I got a good majority of the information for the site. It's just a matter of taking a very long time to type all that stuff. I'm going to first list the monsters for every dungeon, and then I'll consider listing encounters. Just listing the monsters is better than nothing and already a large amount of work.

Yeah this is what I mean. Even better would be the total experience/gil from each formation, and then an average exp/gil per area value. Perhaps useless to the max, but I'd feel so much warmer inside knowing this information

That would be useful information, actually. If I could list the encounters, it would be easy to write code to automatically find the EXP/GP totals for the battle.

I need to find a way to export the encounter data so I don't have to retype it all.

starseeker
06-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Can't you just copy and paste it into Notepad or Word?

Dr Unne
06-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Can't you just copy and paste it into Notepad or Word?

No, it's not displayed in text in FFHackster. I might be able to edit the FFHackster source code to do it though. If I had a Windows compiler, which I don't.

Dr Unne
06-29-2006, 05:02 AM
Enemies page update (http://ffclassic.net/enemies.php) including handy search engine.

Now I need the locations of all the monsters. I don't suppose anyone has a tab-delimited file full of enemies and their location lying around or anything huh? :(

eestlinc
06-29-2006, 05:10 AM
will pipe-delimited work for you? :D

not that I have one.

but this map is pretty awesome.

Larahl
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Such a great FFI website.

ValiantKnight
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Less black belt hate :)

Sure, he's got mage armor.....
Sure, he's got low attack in a low level game....
Sure, he don't use magic..
But if you level up just slightly... He's a mage with a cannon on his arm.
:)

but you can say anything you want about him in Dawn of Souls :)
He got mega nerfed there.... he is easily the weakest character.
79(around 38 defense) Master is averaging around 900-1200 damage with 16 or 18 hits i think.
79(74 defense I think) Knight with Excalibur is hitting 600-900.(8 hits)
79(51 defense) White Wiz with Masamune hitting 500-900 (7 hits)
79(41 defense) Black Wiz with Ultima Weapon hitting 700-1000 (8 hits)

A similar Origins party(easy version given the levels..) would see similar or slighlty higher numbers for the rest of the party, but Master would be doing around 4000~(perhaps his critical hit chance is lower in DoS.. as I see the screen flash alot less often). The master would also have 79 defense/absorb and a higher evade in origins.

Not flaming or hating or meaning to say anything. Just Unne had a proclaimed dislike for black belts for a long time. Just wanted to see if he still did and comment a little :)

Lawr
07-03-2006, 09:04 AM
THE RECOMMENDED LEVELS FOR DUNGEONS, AND A GUIDE OF GURGU WITHOUT
CHEATING THE CLASS CHANGE.

Dr Unne
07-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Note to everyone, I just started up a tournament (http://ffclassic.net/tournament.php). It'll last probably 3 or 4 months. The last one was popular, I hope this one is too. Black Mage is going to win again, is my bet.

Such a great FFI website.

*bows*

Less black belt hate

Insanity! :mad2:

THE RECOMMENDED LEVELS FOR DUNGEONS

This is displayed at the top right of every walkthrough page.

, AND A GUIDE OF GURGU WITHOUT
CHEATING THE CLASS CHANGE.

I originally had the Gurgu chapter after the class change chapter, then I realized I should stick to the storyline and just moved the chapter without really redoing it. This is probably low on my list of priorities, since all I'd be doing is fixing the sprites in the screenshots.

Larahl
07-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Note to everyone, I just started up a tournament (http://ffclassic.net/tournament.php). It'll last probably 3 or 4 months. The last one was popular, I hope this one is too. Black Mage is going to win again, is my bet.
Though it was hard to choose, I say Fighter.

Garland
08-07-2006, 04:06 AM
It'd be a trivial change at best, and kinda superfluous, but if you changed the user's mouse-pointer to the FF1 cursor, it'd match your really cool FF1 tables look.

Dr Unne
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm uncertain it's possible to change the cursor that way. I think it would be nasty Javascript, or else browser-specific, which I don't care for.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2006, 11:13 PM
There are ways to change the cursor to a custom image, but none of them are cross-browser compatible. And considering that IE offers the most options, I'm sure that will happen. :p

Dr Unne
08-14-2006, 04:26 AM
I just finished my Locations (http://ffclassic.net/locations.php) page, which also has encounter information. That took me way longer than I'd have hoped. :( But it's nicely tied into the world map, and the enemies section, and I plan to tie it to the weapons/armor pages etc.

It's hard to decide what to display for each encounter in terms of EXP/GP. Each encounter has a random number of each monster. So you could find an Ogre and 2 Creeps, or an Ogre and 1 Creep, etc. I can either display min/max EXP/GP per battle, or average EXP/GP, or all three, or who knows. Right now I'm just showing max temporarily because it was easiest to program.

Also according to what I can tell from Sean's web stats, my FF1 site is one of the most popular sections at EoFF. This makes me happy.

rubah
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Heh, I know I've been pouring over it, especially to see the usefulness of different equipment against one another.

For the encounter charts, couldn't you just put the amounts for one fiend of each type and let the users add them out to however many they encounter? xD

Rase
08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Something strange seems to be happening concerning the walkthrough. Using this (http://ffclassic.net/walk1.php) page as an example, it seems that the section shortcut links (Let's Go Shopping, Impfest, etc.) all lead back to the main page.

ReloadPsi
08-26-2006, 02:55 PM
By all means, punch me if I missed these, but there doesn't seem to be any info about the DoS version. Also, maybe a list comparing all the old and new names of items, classes and characters across versions?

And why should you be allowed to punch me? For liking the Red Mage too much I guess...

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2006, 03:27 PM
By all means, punch me if I missed these, but there doesn't seem to be any info about the DoS version. Also, maybe a list comparing all the old and new names of items, classes and characters across versions?

And why should you be allowed to punch me? For liking the Red Mage too much I guess...

Nobody should be punched for liking the Red Mage too much. Not that it's possible to like a Red Mage too much anyways. The site is dedicated to the original NES, and retroactively the PSX and Wonderswan remakes. The GBA version already has more than enough coverage through various other sites. Besides which the site was up long before the GBA version was even announced.

Paul
08-27-2006, 12:45 AM
The site is dedicated to the original NES, and retroactively the PSX and Wonderswan remakes. The GBA version already has more than enough coverage through various other sites. Besides which the site was up long before the GBA version was even announced.
the site is amazing, and i only wish one existed for every FF game. but i would love to see a section that catered to the DoS version. as a game, it is maybe not a true representation of FF1, but it seems to reflect square's true line on monster and place names (seeing as square cared a lot less about translations in the 80s and also had limited character space to work with).

ValiantKnight
08-27-2006, 02:54 PM
He only recently got his hands on a copy of the DoS version(read like.... a month ago)

So he hasnt had time to test.

Dr Unne
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Something strange seems to be happening concerning the walkthrough. Using this (http://ffclassic.net/walk1.php) page as an example, it seems that the section shortcut links (Let's Go Shopping, Impfest, etc.) all lead back to the main page.

I'm fixing this now.

the site is amazing, and i only wish one existed for every FF game. but i would love to see a section that catered to the DoS version. as a game, it is maybe not a true representation of FF1, but it seems to reflect square's true line on monster and place names (seeing as square cared a lot less about translations in the 80s and also had limited character space to work with).

Most of the stuff in my WSC section applies to the other remakes. I may just rename it from "WSC" to "Remakes".

Pancaek
09-05-2006, 05:21 AM
http://ffclassic.net/tournament.php

You know who to vote for, guys. ;D

black orb
09-05-2006, 07:52 AM
>>> Woah, it has been ages since I looked at FFclassic, I like it more now, good thing that you got rid of the old fanart section..:D
I`ll upload new ff1 art to the new fanart section whenever I can..
Good luck with your site.

ReloadPsi
10-18-2006, 08:54 PM
What's going on with the tournament? The last week sure has gone on for a while. A few days too many, one might say.

Dr Unne
10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
The jerk who runs the thing is being lazy.

Lavarn
10-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Many thanks to Unne for such a great FF1 site.

I've never used FFHackster or anything, but I've played the game a ridiculous amount...and I know the random number generator works a bit strangely when you get in a battle. It first decides what type of monsters you will be facing, and then how many of them in that particular group. For example, in the first area, one group is imps. Of that group, there are 3 subgroups - 3 imps, 4 imps, 5 imps. As far as I can tell, each of those subgroups has an equal probability and is determined randomly. But it seems the original decision on the group is not totally random, and follows a predictable pattern. Does anyone know how it actually works?

boys from the dwarf
10-19-2006, 07:09 AM
heres an idea.

on the bestiary you can see the enemies stats and EXP and gold E.C.T but you cant see where to find them and you have to look all through the world map to find them.

perhaps a DoS bestiary?

Denmark
10-20-2006, 12:09 AM
funny thing, I was looking through the parties section yesterday and saw the Fi/Fi/Fi/RM party and got inspired to use that and it's so powerful. I was using Rapiers through the "fight lots of ogres" stage and pretty easily got about 5000 G (which I then used to buy a Silver Sword and two Sabres), and yeah, this should be a breeze. So thanks for the suggestion?

Nerevarine
10-24-2006, 04:25 AM
that is a great site. the only thing i dont like is showing the progress of a single team. and did you notice that you have time where it says "Ice katana" instead of katana or the pages towards the end of th walkthrough. but dont get me wrong you have created a great sight.

Flying Mullet
10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
the only thing i dont like is showing the progress of a single team.
Yeah, maybe if you showed the progress of a completely different team, like four Black Belts, the walkthrough would be better.

Kryton87
10-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Your walkthrough site is so good, that it has inspired me to want to make one for another Final Fantasy game just as good. The only issue is... which one... I'm thinking FF3, but its coming out for the DS so shortly and thats going to change so many things... and I can't use the DS graphics without serious pains in getting screenshots... hmm... maybe I'll just use the Famicom graphics and give stats for both versions. yeah... that could work...

I just need to get started... yes... that would be the key...

ReloadPsi
11-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Would someone mind explaining how Black Mage would defeat Warmech please?

Dr Unne
11-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Strategically placed dagger?

Larahl
12-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Brian, the links to:
Ice Cave L2A
Ice Cave L2B
Ice Cave L3A
Ice Cave L3B
are not working.
I thought you might want to know that.

Dr Unne
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I am in the process of getting rid of my maps page and replacing it with my locations page, which includes more info like encounters and whatnot. That's probably why.

Larahl
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh, good to know.

FF1BlackMage14
01-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Okay, this is the first time I have posted anywhere on these forums.
Dr. Unne, I have been a long-time fan of your site(s). I think I discovered them when I was in, oh, seventh or eighth grade, which I believe was sometime in 2001. Since then, I followed faithfully, and always found entertainment and a crapload of use in your walkthroughs, etc. Then you disappeared around 2004, and I have had to rely on a mirror of your old site until now, when I finally discovered the new version. Your site inspired me to eventually buy a new working NES, and especially to replay what has always been my favorite game nearly my entire life (I mean, crap, I learned to read off of this thing. Probably the first word I could ever read was "Terminated.")
I just finished DoS about a week ago, and as much as I didn't like it (much too easy, screwed with a lot of the names [Gigas = wtf], stupid pool of magic), I would concur that the addition of DoS stat differences and such would be quite welcome, as well as perhaps a chart that shows the before and after of the names, since sometimes I couldn't tell what some weapons were.
The version of the strategy guide in the downloads section doesn't seem to be the full version, or maybe a different version, since I remember using one as a kid (that is long lost) that included stuff waaayy past Gurgu Volcano, which is where yours stops. It also had some awesome artwork. Perhaps you could post that as well?
And, one last thing (for this has become rather long): Does Warmech even frikkin appear in DoS. Cuz I've been wandering around that hall for forever and still I get nothing.

Dr Unne
01-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks for following the site. I'm glad someone gets use out of it.

Warmech is in DoS from what I remember. I think they probably tweaked the monster encounter rates. In the NES if you wandered around for enough battles you were 100% guaranteed to find Warmech, because the encounter table was just an unchanging list that was incremented through. The remakes seem to be more truly random. But I don't know this for sure.

The strategies page is somewhat out of date (like much of the rest of the site). It could do with some updates. I will add it to The List.

I am adding remake info as I get the time. Sadly I work all day and I'm in the process of moving a few thousand miles west, so that may disrupt some of my FF1 website plans. I recently put all the remakes' monster names into my DB, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I'm working on making a whole new, updated and more detailed walkthrough using the DoS version. Might take some time though.

I think most of the fanart I used to have is probably not going to be reposted. Keeping fanart updated was too much work and at this point I'd have to track down too many people to get their permission to post all their artwork again. Probably not doable for most of it.

FF1BlackMage14
02-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, actually, I wasn't referring to the Strategies section, but the strategy guide in the Downloads section. The one you have available for download is a different thing, I'm not sure what, though. I was just wondering if you could somehow get a hold of the Nintendo Power Strategy Guide or whatever it was. Here, I found the cover online:
http://www.estarland.com/images/products/14/26214/45957.jpg
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the whole strategy guide, that goes from the beginning all the way to Chaos. I, however, know for a fact that there is a guide that goes all the way to the end, so it should be out there somewhere even if this isn't it.

MetoolX597
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Ah yes, Warmech is there, though he's renamed Death Machine and it seems like he's a lot harder to find.

Anyway, the reason I made this post. I noticed that your "Remakes" enemy rips were pretty incomplete, and I've ripped all of them and will have them organized (by sprites and their recolours) by tonight. I was wondering if you'd like me to send them to you, or if you had already ripped them and just not updated.

Fun fact: The enemy sprites are actually part of the background. I was wondering how they had so much detail in the WSC version.

Dr Unne
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
FF1BlackMage14: I own a copy that guide actually. It was largely the basis for the first version of my site a good 8 years ago. Much of the information in that guide is inaccurate. Did I really used to have it for download on my site? I can't recall. I know I don't have a scanned copy of it now.

What I have in my downloads section now is the instruction manual and maps that came with FF1 when you bought it. The instruction manual included a walkthrough up to the Volcano I think.

MetoolX597: I have all the sprites from the WSC version (I shouldn't be missing any); I don't have any from the DoS version. I will gladly take DoS sprites if you have them. I have not yet ripped them myself. What method did you use for ripping them?

MetoolX597
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
That would be Visual Boy Advanced using a complete bestiary. Pretty simple actually, for all of the enemies in the game. Just organizing them that takes some time.

Speaking of, would you like me to separate the sprites that are new to DoS into individual images, give a big sheet that's just a sprawl of all the monsters, or just give them to you as I had planned to upload them (all of the sprites and their recolours in the same image)?

Edit: Well, here's how I planned to do it. I can reorganize if necessary, but if not: LINK (http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/smeg/ToxicSeahorse/Ready%20For%20Transparency/)

Terribly sorry about the lack of transparency, but the only program that would allow me to do it in a reasonable amount of time wasn't working.

Dr Unne
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Ouch, there are a lot. I can probably handle doing the transparency. I make all of my sprites into 80x50 transparent gifs.

This will be helpful. I will give you credit for ripping these. Give me a link to a homepage you'd like me to link to if you have one.

MetoolX597
02-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmm, I'm sure someone I know would love his website linked to. In the meantime, however, here are some Backgrounds (http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/smeg/ToxicSeahorse/Backgrounds/) if you don't already have them.

...It's either procrastinating by ripping these or learning Quantum Theory. I choose the latter.

Edit: And of course what I meant by that was "the former."

Edit: Again: Right. It'd be much appreciated by the owner if you said that "Toxic Seahorse of RSHQ (http://rockmansilver.proboards82.com/index.cgi) ripped these," or something along those lines.

Hell, probably expect more in the future, if you have use for anything else.

Lysidor
03-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Dr Unne

Just like FF1BlackMage14 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=27119) I've appreciated your FF1 site for many years. Although I hadn't played FF1, I was a fan of Square's earlier games (my favourite FF game of all time is Final Fantasy Adventure for GameBoy). My fondness for the older FF games is what brought me to your site and after having checked it out, I ended up playing through FF1 for the first time (a year ago). And it was a very nice game of course! I had a little help from your walkthrough which I think is very well written.

Today I visited your site again for the first time in many months and noticed the new version. I was sad to see that the fanart section is gone. I registrered at this forum to ask you about the fanart but I see you have already posted what I wanted to know:

I think most of the fanart I used to have is probably not going to be reposted. Keeping fanart updated was too much work and at this point I'd have to track down too many people to get their permission to post all their artwork again. Probably not doable for most of it.

Despite all this, I very much hope you will consider putting the fanart section back up again. I really liked some of the art. By the way, is it really necessary to ask every artist for permission? They already had their art posted on your old site so why would you need to ask for permission again? Well, I hope all that art isn't lost forever.

Thank you for a great FF1 site. The tournaments rock! Please, do remember to update :)

/Lysidor

Dr Unne
03-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm glad you like my site. black orb (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=253) posts at this MB; he's the one who drew the really good FF1 fanart I used to have. Check the artist's forum for some of his stuff... http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101720 for example. If I re-post any fanart it'll probably be his.

Lysidor
03-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the tip. I checked out some of the art black orb has posted here. He's very good.
But I'm afraid he has removed a few pics that he had posted back in 2005. The threads are still there but the pics have been edited out.

ReloadPsi
03-04-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm sorry dude, it doesn't seem that we're able to keep the Black Mage lovers away from you...

Flying Mullet
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
On your roadmap (http://ffclassic.net/roadmap.php) page, perhaps you could put links on the items that are completed and/or those that are being updated so people can link from your status page to see what you've been up to.

Dr Unne
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Good idea.

Momiji
03-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Wow...how ironic, I didn't know that you ran that site. I was going to that site for FF1 help even before I joined EoFF!

Dr Unne
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
But everybody knows me. My sig tells me so. :(

Raistlin
03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Actually your sig implies that there is at least one person who has never heard of Dr. Unne and that Dr. Unne's assertion that everyone knows him is basically delusional.

Nugget Mage
03-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Would someone mind explaining how Black Mage would defeat Warmech please?

He can freeze it with Ice3. It would be very easy to do so. Warmech is made of metal, and metal gets cold really quick, besides, warmech cannot regulate its temperature like normal animals, so there won't be something else trying to stop the freezing.

Also, if by some reason it unfreezes, the water from the melting ice would damage its circuits, making it unoperable.

Unless of course, it resist water and regulates its temperature. But it's just a crazy theory, don't listen to me if you don't want to.

Now let's get back to the topic:

Well, maybe you should finish everything that is listed in the Roadmap section. That would be great. You should also update the Tournament more frequently and put the Fan Arts again. I mean, where else can I get FF1 fan art? WHERE?!

Dr Unne
03-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I just put a link to EoFF's fanart page on my site. That's one place. :)

black orb
03-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. I checked out some of the art black orb has posted here. He's very good.
But I'm afraid he has removed a few pics that he had posted back in 2005. The threads are still there but the pics have been edited out.
>>> Sorry, I always delete my old attachments.. Anyway, Im posting new stuff in the eoff FF1 fanart (http://fanart.eyesonff.com/showgallery.php?cat=2) section..

FF1BlackMage14
03-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey, I just thought of something relating to the already awesome work you did with the Beastiary, Unne. You should also include the Japanese names. So, under IMP, it would also say "Goblin, Goblin, ゴブリン." I know in that case it seems like total overkill, but I also know that other monsters have completely different names, though I don't know what they are since I've never played it in Japanese.

And, speaking of which, there seems to be something wrong with the Japanese ff1 ROM you have available from the Downloads section. I've tried it on three different emulators, including a Famicom emulator, and it just screws up and doesn't work. I really really want to play the original Japanese game, so if you could please reupload a non-corrupted ROM (or fix whatever the problem is, cuz I sure don't know), I would be forever in your debt, good sir.

Dr Unne
03-26-2007, 04:56 AM
I re-uploaded FF1j. Not sure what's wrong with it. My file on my system may be corrupt too. I don't have an NES emu installed to test it.

I was going to put the Japanese, but some browsers choke on it. I may still do it. I would guess that few Japanese people are using my site at the moment though.

FF1BlackMage14
03-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks, but if I take a few steps outside Coneria, it freezes. I've finally found what seems to be a working ROM, however.
http://hyperupload.com/download/02f3e19571/Final_Fantasy_(J).nes.html

black orb
04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
>>> I have been looking for the PSX world map, you dont have it in your site right?

ReloadPsi
04-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Just a thought, should you even be uploading ROMs considering the legal issues involved? I mean, a disclaimer reminding us that we gotta own the original cartridge or else delete the ROM in 24 hours might at least be appropriate.

MetoolX597
04-02-2007, 05:23 AM
But that's still illegal. The only way a ROM is legal is if you own a cartridge that was the actual cartridge uploaded to the internet. That whole "24 hours" crap is just propaganda from ROM sites.

However, I don't think Square is going to care about him distributing a ROM of a game that they stopped producing years ago, especially considering he gives it publicity.

Tainted Angel
04-04-2007, 06:51 AM
What happened to unne's site? I'd down and there is the random page with a blurb.

Bluecho
04-15-2007, 09:58 PM
The fact that all the info is on the EoFF now is all well and good, but I'd like to be able to see the news and tournament updates, like you could in the old site.

It just seems like a huge hassle to go all the way here in order to learn of recent updates. Could you do something about that, maybe? If it isn't too much trouble.:cry:

Dr Unne
04-26-2007, 06:53 PM
My site is moved to a new server due to EoFF being sold. It can still be reached via http://ffclassic.net .

I have set up my own forum for it: http://godhatesfraggles.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 That would be to proper place to discuss it from now on.

Mage_of_Fire
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
posting in an old thread. :)

Just wanted to give some love for DrUnne, I remember using your site to play through FF1 the first time a REALLY long time ago (no, not when FF1 first came out). Was well before I registered here I know, and my name says 2002, so yea....

Hmm, what was the site? planetnintendo.com/ff1? :P

Here's to many more years of BB hatin' (and ridin')! :D

Hayabusa
05-31-2007, 05:49 AM
Dude, Dr. Unne Your website was a PERFECT resource for me that I visited frequently last year with my first time through FF1, escpecially the map and stuff and the magic list. Thanks so much it was a great resource. Thank you for your hard work! :)

Dr Unne
01-02-2010, 10:53 PM
This thread still exists, so I'm taking advantage. I did a huge update of FFClassic about a week ago, in case anyone still cares. Still located at http://ffclassic.net. All are welcome to join in our FF1 lovefest over there.

If anyone at EoFF wants to use more of my content for the frontsite here, feel free.

black orb
01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
>>> Woah, I thought you were dead Unne..:luca:
Good work on keeping the dream alive.

Raistlin
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh yay, big revamping! I like the little message board.

ReloadPsi
09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Okay seriously, I sure do miss the site.

Raistlin
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Me too. :( I'll try to remember to bug Brian about this next time I talk to him.

Dr Unne
11-13-2013, 10:41 AM
How is this thread still stickied when my site has been down for over 3 years? Also it's back up now. http://ffclassic.com/

Elskidor
11-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey, I know that site. Didn't know it was yours though. That's nifty and well done!

Spooniest
12-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Look I know this has been dead for a year, but I did not know that Dr Unne of EoFF ran this FF1 site that I used to look for sprites on. :o I remember this place! Wasn't it on classicgaming.com's network?