PDA

View Full Version : Now I know why

fantasyjunkie
06-25-2006, 03:44 AM
I had wondered for a while why I enjoy this forum so much. Then I realized that it's because everyone argues in an educated manner. There are some pretty smart cookies on this forum :) I have more in common with the people on this forum than than other people my own age(39) . People my age talk about insurance and house payments :mad:

Leeza
06-25-2006, 03:57 AM
I would have to agree with you, fantasyjunkie. There is always something here that is interesting and entertaining, while all anyone my age seems to do is talk and complain about work. And I don't think that any of them has ever played a video game. :cat:

SammieBabe
06-25-2006, 03:57 AM
Then I realized that it's because everyone argues in an educated manner. There are some pretty smart cookies on this forum :)

What the hell forum are you looking at?! :D
*is kidding, btw*

And yes, all of my IRL friends think I'm a huge geek for playing video games as well. I can honestly say that I never thought I would have this many younger people that I thought were pretty cool....:)

Leeza
06-25-2006, 03:58 AM
He's looking at this one, Sammie. There really are some smart cookies here (if you ignore the cookies that don't argue in an educated manner :) ), which really suprised me when I first registered. :)

Hambone
06-25-2006, 04:01 AM
Then I realized that it's because everyone argues in an educated manner. There are some pretty smart cookies on this forum :)

What the hell forum are you looking at?! :D
*is kidding, btw*

And yes, all of my IRL friends think I'm a huge geek for playing video games as well. I can honestly say that I never thought I would have this many younger people that I thought were pretty cool....:)
like me?

Yeah. Everyone my age is an idiot. Well except for my friends. :)

SammieBabe
06-25-2006, 04:13 AM
He's looking at this one, Sammie. There really are some smart cookies here (if you ignore the cookies that don't argue in an educated manner :) ), which really suprised me when I first registered. :)

I know. I was kidding... (See edits :) )
Someone was going to say it and I never get to be first in these things...

Doomie
06-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Stop, you guys are making me blush. *giggles*

Roto13
06-25-2006, 04:29 AM
All Most of the idiots get banned pretty early. The mods don't take any crap around here.

Mittopotahis
06-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Yeah, most of the people are very smart. Maybe that is because this is a Final Fantasy forum, which initially attracted all the fanboys, which can be stereotyped as geeks/nerds. Thats right, you're all nerds! :(

Sylvie
06-25-2006, 04:35 AM
All Most of the idiots get banned pretty early. The mods don't take any crap around here.

QFT

...*eyes Micheal Belmont* :plotting:

DeathKnight
06-25-2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah....I have to agree. I used to be a member of MetallicA's Messagge Board which I thought was HEAVILY Guarded with great police-like Admins and Mods.................but I found out that wasn't the case and it got REALLY bad.

Fans didn't respect ANYONE's opinion/likes/dislikes/comments. ALOT of people have left that forum, it's sad as hell(it used to be a good place when I first joined, it got worse because of the lack of moderating and BAD judgement by the moderators).

Leeza is truly my idol, even if she bans me one day, I'll still stick by it.

starseeker
06-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Plus in discussions people don't resort to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) like people in my class at school did.

Captain Maxx Power
06-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I R DER SMARTESTEST! :hyper:

P.S. We rule.

~SapphireStar~
06-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I have to say I prefer this forum to others Ive visited as the Knights can be fair, yet get their point across also. Plus Ive made loads of friends here and the arguements are sometimes resolved.

Old Manus
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
But only about 3 people post in EoEO!

Crop
06-25-2006, 04:38 PM
This forums ok I supppose, a bit to big for my liking but ok. In fact im suprised I havent attempted to be an ass and spam the place yet. (btw im not going to)

Moon Rabbits
06-25-2006, 06:15 PM

My poor tenhitcombo :cry: . He made me giggle.

I'd like to say I'm smart, but I'm not, I'm a ruddy genius.

YTDN
06-25-2006, 07:06 PM
this is better than any forum I've been on, which is obvious because the only other one I've been on was the Neopets forums. Basically, there you've got about fifty thousand users, and 99% of them are noobs, who shout, spam, tak in 1337 and generally ruin any sane thread they see. Also the mods are total bastards. They don't talk, just 'freeze' acounts. And apparently you can get unfrozen, but some guy tried for two years, and finally he gave up. And there are about ten thousand report happy nine-year olds which get you forzen for saying stuff like 'hell'.

So basically, nohing is worse then the Neopets message boards.

Also, EoFF is teh roxxors.

Jojee
06-25-2006, 11:41 PM
It's got a nice thing going 8-)

drunkymonkey
06-26-2006, 07:42 PM
I resent being called a cookie.

ChexMix
06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I just registered on this forum like 2-3 days ago and already I'm surprised by the level of maturity from the users. I admit, I expected there to be more senseless arguing and personal fights rather than discussion.

Plus I'm awful when it comes to speaking (or typing) properly with punctuation and sentence structure, which you don't find a lot online. It drives me crazy when people use, "net speak". (Not to be rude.. I'm just picky about that.. I can't help it.)

I must say, in the past couple of days I've been thoroughly impressed by this place and everybody else around. :)

Chris
06-28-2006, 12:22 AM
There are some pretty smart people here, but not even the smartest person here can avoid the pit sometimes. I've seen some pretty nasty attacks on people here, but EoFF is generally a clean and nice place.

Lost Number
06-28-2006, 12:45 AM
The people here have an uncanny ability to mantain a sense of intelligence during an arguement - a trait lacking in many, many, people. Even those with extremist views are treated fairly, so long as they argue in a sensible way. Which is pleasantly unusual. That they are accepted, and that they argue sensibly. Heh.

41-Inches-Wide
06-28-2006, 02:08 AM
People here are funny in a random sort of way. And I'll take the cookie as a compliment.

Yamaneko
06-28-2006, 05:52 AM
One time I thought I spotted intelligent discussion here, but it was only a pile of rags.

Roto13
06-28-2006, 05:55 AM
One time I thought I spotted intelligent discussion here, but it was only a pile of rags.
I often make that mistake.

eestlinc
06-28-2006, 06:28 AM
:cookie:

arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.

Yamaneko
06-28-2006, 06:32 AM
No one cares?

eestlinc
06-28-2006, 06:33 AM
oh you know the punchline, but yes

Yamaneko
06-28-2006, 06:33 AM
:aimkiss:

Rengori
06-28-2006, 10:49 AM
My poor tenhitcombo :cry: . He made me giggle.
I hated that guy.

Anyway, occasionally, like every 100 years or so an argument will be educated.

Reine
06-28-2006, 11:15 AM
One of the reasons I like this place so much. I dont claim to be overly smart, but I enjoy al the arguements and discussions here.

Dell
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I like this forums!!! All peoples here are from another country, I can make friends with them! Plus, those arguement, jokes (psst...LunarWeaver....) and helping amuse me. And I like bashing FFX and praising FFVII and FFIX.

I'm a good boy, I won't get banned, but Void warned me once....
I also like this forum because it helps me to improve my English Grammar, lol my grammars sucks. English is not my official languages, so you gotta respect that, and I'm still 14, still learning English.

Evastio
06-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I had wondered for a while why I enjoy this forum so much. Then I realized that it's because everyone argues in an educated manner. There are some pretty smart cookies on this forum :) I have more in common with the people on this forum than than other people my own age(39) . People my age talk about insurance and house payments :mad:
I have to agree. Also I like how we all respect each other and treat each other equally regardless of our age.

Giga Guess
06-29-2006, 01:28 AM

The ones that can't just end up getting banned anyways, so...

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2006, 01:44 AM
I like cookies.

fantasyjunkie
06-30-2006, 05:50 AM
I love the arguements on this forum too!

DeathKnight
06-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I like cookies.

off-topic :irked:

drunkymonkey
06-30-2006, 11:10 AM
I like cookies.

off-topic :irked:
Actually, not totally. People were talking about 'smart cookies' I think Avalon just misunderstood the interpretation, or knew damn fine well what it was, he just decided to use the joke anyway.

Freya
06-30-2006, 02:21 PM
These boards are way better than any other i've visited. Such as the Adult Swim boards, they attack each other all the time for not liking the same show. I think online fights are the stupidest. AND while in said fights, no one can use any form of grammer. It's the internet you can make yourself as smart as you want to be. It's not hard to hit two other letters in "you" instead of typing "u" when you insult someone. Also a comma wouldn't hurt here and there. It's not hard to look over your post before you post it. Yet here in EoFF, it seems that others have the same thoughts as me and post in a similar fashion. So that's why i love it here. 'Cept i hate the file size limits :mad: