PDA

View Full Version : Summon missing

The Black Fan
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't know how to have the summons Goblin, Bomb and Cockatrice in the GBA version, would anyone help me.

Crossblades
06-25-2006, 04:45 PM
You have to keep fighting them until they drop items that teaches them to Rydia. They are extremely rare items

Captain Maxx Power
06-25-2006, 04:54 PM
To be honest for the amount of time you need to put in to get these summons they're stupidly underpowered. Imp does less damage than Chocobo, as does Bomb if I remember correctly. Cockatrice does inflict Stone status, and can be available much earlier on, way before Break. Personally I feel these summons were put in to boost the rubbish summoning ability of Rydia earlier on.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, they're definitely rare to the extent that you should only go after them if you're in a combined state of neurotic completionism and extreme boredom--the same mindset you should have when going after Pink Tails. Actually, you should be in an even worse state, since Pink Tails are actually useful.

james 14
06-26-2006, 04:10 AM
what are pink tails?

Ichimonji
06-26-2006, 05:30 AM
They're very rare items that allow you to get the best Armour in the game. You need to use a Siren in one of the rooms of the Lunar Subterrane, and then engage in a very weird battle with some Flan Princesses and hope to God that you get a pink tail afterwards. If you do end up with a pink tail in your inventory, you'd then have to go to the Adamant Grotto and give it to some guy and recieve the Adamant Armour.

Nominus Experse
07-11-2006, 10:04 AM
If you're playing the Advance version, there is a strange exploit that one can use in order to increase your chances of getting Pinks Tails WITHOUT using Sirens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flan Princess can be found in the final Lunar Subterane area on Floor B5 in the southeastern most room. This enemy has the probability of dropping a Pink Tail which can be traded for an Adamant Armor, the strongest armor in the game. The rate at which you fight the enemy and the rate in which it drops the item however is very rare (1/64 chance for both). Follow this process to be able to fight a set of Flan Princesses very frequently without having to use a Siren/Alarm item, and in turn greatly increase your chances to score a Pink Tail:

1) Get to the room on Floor B5 where you can encounter the Flan Princess. It is a room with a treasure box in it, and the room is shaped slightly like an unspide-down L.

2) Quick save the game when you enter the room, and once you come to the Final Fantasy 4 title screen, cut the power off to your GBA system.

3) Turn your game back on, go to the main menu on the title screen, and select Continue. When given the option to continue your quick save, press B to go back to the title screen.

4) Select continue again from the title screen, and this time, select Yes when given the choice to restart your game.

5) Walk around within the room. One of two things will commonly happen. You will either immediately fight a group of 5 Flan Princesses within taking a few steps.

or

You will fight a series of 5 battles. The first battle will be a Gold Dragon and a Silver Dragon, and the next three battles will be Dinozombies respectively. Run from these battles if possible. On your fifth battle, you will fight a set of Flan Princesses.

For each battle you complete, you will score a large amount of gold and a decent amount of experience. You will also have a chance for an item drop. As soon as you finish a battle, quicksave, and restart the process as many times as you wish to fight as many Pink Princesses as you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works, surprisingly, though, to be honest, I haven't the faintest idea as to why, nor do I have the smallest degree of how someone figured that out.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Everything about random encounters can be explained with algorithms, especially in the older games. Figuring out exploits such as this one is just a matter of doing the math.

PresZidane
07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I agree, these summons are bad.
But, I need them! I want to know I got 100% complete.

Paul
07-30-2006, 07:14 PM
yeah i've killed over a thousand goblins without this drop. i want a completed list of summons, but i really must say, this is the stupidest most lazy most pathetic method of making someone achieve something ever.

just sit and repeat the same action for hours and days and weeks. i want to find the guy who gave the nod to this idea and cut him up.

The Knights of the Round
08-11-2006, 03:47 AM
just wait until later on and she gets better summons, then get bahumet and odin near the end, ohh man there good

Cloudstrife4003
08-11-2006, 04:07 AM
U know what was weird? I got one in a treasure chest! It was weird..maybe i found something that noone else had found?

Jowy
08-11-2006, 07:22 AM
And where is this magical treasure chest of nonexistance located?

Paul
08-11-2006, 09:10 AM
just wait until later on and she gets better summons, then get bahumet and odin near the end, ohh man there goodyeah i already have those. i just want a full list :(

KoShiatar
08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Everything about random encounters can be explained with algorithms, especially in the older games. Figuring out exploits such as this one is just a matter of doing the math.

I remember "random" encounters in Final Fantasy IIIJ being far from random - no matter how many times I reloaded my game, I kept on meeting exactly the same monsters at the same points in the same succession.

bipper
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
There is no such thing as "random" in a purely logically driven system. A popular RPG approach is to use the "time" or "steps" as a base for this algorythm, as it will be in a state of constant change. I think ffIV uses this; I am nearly sure VI does.

Since you can save and reset, I would think there is a limited step counter involved; one that counts yoursteps and uses this as a part of the equation. ?

Bipper

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I think the most common exploit of "random" encounters in the older games when playing on emulators is to save state, walk as you please until you enter a battle, load state, retrace your steps except for the final step that triggered the battle, and then heal. Healing, whether it's done with magic or items, resets the number of steps before the next battle, so you can carry on this process and never have to deal with non-boss battles for as long as you like.

rubah
08-12-2006, 03:27 AM
I have never been able to make that work, kishibear

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 03:31 AM
It's how I got through Pandaemonium in FFII. So I know it definitely works in FFII. xD

I've heard that entering the menu in FFV resets it (the counter), but I can't be sure.

But rubah, I thought you were the first person to suggest that to me? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

rubah
08-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I might have suggested it, I'm just saying i've never got it to work.

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2006, 02:48 PM
this is a useful trick but it may not work in the GBA version.

make sure you know what the enemies HP is. when you are about to land the finishing blow select the attack command then quickly before the character attacks, use a pheonix down on that enemy. the enemy will die then be revived. it wont work if it is the last enemy in the group though. with imps and weak enemies it will be a waste of pheonix downs but with pink puffs/princesses it will be useful because of how hard they are to find and how uncommon pink tails are.

kealthalas
08-16-2006, 01:37 AM
it is true that the 3 sommons u r looking for are weak but i found a good use for them... whenever u come up against a gaint type monster use imp on then and they will selve destruct but i think if u reflect u will kill another enemy couse it dous like 4900 dm

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 06:40 PM
i know how to get goblin kill goblins mwahahahahahahha