PDA

View Full Version : Why are my grades going down

(CECIL120X
06-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I was wondering why my grades are going down(i used to be a straight a student)....i think its because video games. have you guys had the same thing happen to u guys. Of course i stay up to beat a part of a game but i always stay up late and my grades have gone to As to A,B, and Cs. and by the way i dont do drugs.

Outer Heaven
06-25-2006, 08:49 PM
. and by the way i dont do drugs.

Are you sure?

Venom
06-25-2006, 08:53 PM
lol iz thiz a game?

Slothy
06-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Assuming you are in fact serious about this, then no, I've never had grades sufer from playing games. But then I've always known how to balance school and games, and have the good sense to put schoolwork first.

Master Quan
06-25-2006, 09:40 PM
This is retarded. It's about time management, you moron. If you play games instead of study, then of course your grades are going to suffer as a result. If you watch TV rather than study, if you listen to Opera rather than study. THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN.

We've had this stupid discussion so many times, it's not even funny any more.

Venom
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
This is retarded. It's about time management, you moron. If you play games instead of study, then of course your grades are going to suffer as a result. If you watch TV rather than study, if you listen to Opera rather than study. THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN.

We've had this stupid discussion so many times, it's not even funny any more.

Way to make that sound kind.:)

kikimm
06-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Still, it's not cool to call someone a moron for it. Lose the 'tude. Although you got it right. Stop spending so much time playing video games, and study. Do you do your homework really fast to get it over with, and so you can keep playing video games? Take more time with your work.

Also, I think this is more of a General Chat kinda thread. ;)

And use the warn button for once, come on.

jesteranimefreak
06-25-2006, 09:49 PM
hmmmm.... it isdefantly a time managment issue. I'm one to talk as I've had plenty of those issues, but last semester I got my act together, straight B+'s :D!

starseeker
06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
My grades range from A* to Cs. Basically, I would just get enough sleep and set aside a sacred time each evening for homework in which you will play no computer games if you have any work that needs doing.

Denmark
06-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I've played video games all my life, so I can't actually be sure if my grades suffered from it. Then again, I've also been a straight A student all my life. I guess if I hadn't spent all that time playing video games and had studied instead I could have graduated higher than 4th in my class. But which would have been more fun?

Old Manus
06-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Maybe it's because at 14 exams start getting harder

Hambone
06-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Why do you go to school at the end of June?

Samuraid
06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
While playing too many video games instead of studying will lower grades often, classes also get harder the further along you progress.

Dixie
06-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Hmm. I get straight A's, and I play video games and spend time here and other stuff. Heck, I never study. But...Maybe get more sleep. I really can't think of anything. :/

escobert
06-26-2006, 02:31 AM
My grades were never up to go down ^_^

Levian
06-26-2006, 02:47 AM
It's because the teacher doesn't like you. My grades always varied from teacher to teacher.

Dignified Pauper
06-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Maybe get more sleep. I really can't think of anything. :/

I find this to be the largest determinate for my grades.

Lindy
06-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Your grades are going down because you're getting progressively more stupid.

Moon Rabbits
06-26-2006, 04:05 AM
I've played videogames since I was 4.

My average has stayed at around 80% for my whole school career.

Christmas
06-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Post here more and grades will go soaring high. :)

41-Inches-Wide
06-26-2006, 04:30 AM
You should pig out on veggies. And peanuts. Peanuts are brain food right?

Arcee
06-26-2006, 05:03 AM
I was wondering why my grades are going down(i used to be a straight a student)

Stop posting.

eestlinc
06-26-2006, 05:07 AM
study more, pay attention in class, get more sleep.

Dr. Casey
06-26-2006, 05:10 AM
lol @ people who take school seriously

eestlinc
06-26-2006, 05:12 AM
lol @ people who are ignorant

Hambone
06-26-2006, 05:16 AM
lol @ people that say lol

Yamaneko
06-26-2006, 05:58 AM
This doesn't really work pre-university, but if you go to class and take notes you're pretty much guaranteed at least a "B". That's my experience.

DeathKnight
06-26-2006, 08:13 AM
It all depends on your MOTIVATION and your WILL, it MOSTLY depends on your WILL.

I find it kinda funny. the FALL semester....is the one where I get the OK grades...........while the spring semester is the one where I get the As and Bs..........but it was the other way around this school year..............weird I say.

It also depends ALOT on how many classes you're taking every semester.

black orb
06-26-2006, 10:53 AM
>>> Bad grades are part of the joy of playing videogames..

Jebus
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I play video games/watch tv all the time and I never study, and I make all As/Bs.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

boris no no
06-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty certain that until you do GCSEs (or whatever you do in America at 16) most grades before that don't mean a lot. I'm sure an A at 11 is very different to an A at 16. When I was 11 I was getting As and Bs, but at 16 I got Bs and Cs. Did I get more stupid? no (well I hope not) Things just get harder. Some people have the intelligence to do it, some don't.
If you wanna go to uni get off your bum and start studying, or at least stop moaning about the lower grades and do something about it
*nods*

Zeldy
06-26-2006, 06:15 PM
It really depends on you as a person, not always what you do in your spare time affects your grades. It does however, if you spend all your time on this and do no revision.

My grades are going down too. Ah well ^_^

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Why are my grades going down
Cause your here. lol.
Yeah my GCSEs suffered because I played computer games till 11pm and I was more bothered about getting them finished then essasys and such. Its still happens today, but I made it to uni somehow!

bipper
06-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Leave being smart to the smert people! If you want to work hard and be smart, you will forgo video games and do just that. You only have so much time, so choose whether you want to be smart or have fun, or half-way of both. Worrying about being good at everything you do is just going to make you suck :)

bip

Captain Maxx Power
06-26-2006, 09:34 PM
My grades went down primarily because I learned that I happen to be smart enough to get ahead in life without putting in too much effort. Thusly I am now going on to do a most righteous course without straining myself whatsoever over the past few years.

drunkymonkey
06-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Ha, I don't have to worry about school grades anymore. Yay!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Alot of people have already said what you wanted to know, but I guess I'll stick in my 2 cents.

You said that you stay up late playing games, that could be a problem. Is it because you can't find a save point? Or is it because your just having too much fun playing the game? No matter the answer, you can't loose sleep over a video game. Getting plenty of rest is an important part of doing well academicly. If you loose sleep, your performance may drop exceedingly in school.

Although, people getting grades lower as their classes increase in difficulty isn't unheard of, of course.

Always remember not to loose sleep over a video game, it will be their tommorow, right?

Rengori
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Nah, my grades fall to sheer abject laziness.

Venom
06-26-2006, 10:31 PM
School is highly unneccasary. Fuck grades take my approach and do whatever the fuck you want.:cool:

Tasura
06-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Until university ive never studied or done any real homework, and i played video games form when i got home from school until i went to bed, and i graduated with an 87% average, in the top 5% of my grad class, and eve in university i dont sutdy or do homework to much, at all really i only do essays, and i only study if its a class i dont go to, like Psychology, i managed a 70%, minusing English and Chemistry, Chemistry i withdrw from, so I got a W, and I bombed english =), even with those two i still had an average in the 60's. So no, video games have nothing to do with it. At least in my case.

IceT
06-26-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm currently 17 years old (my birthday was today 26th June) and I think grades depend a lot on how good you are in TAKING tests rather than the material that is asked on the test.

All last exams are in Belgium taken orally (except a few like math,etc...), and my grades skyrocketed in almost all subjects: latin: from the usual 60% => 76%, french: 55% => 72%, english: 78% => 82%, but of course not all goes up: dutch: 64% => 55%.

My total average went up by a good 7% to a final total of 73% in this year .

But you have to keep studying :D

(CECIL120X
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I play video games/watch tv all the time and I never study, and I make all As/Bs.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Your classes are easy then......

Maxico
07-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Recently as I've started playing games less and less, my grades have gone down.

Go figure.

Spiffing Cheese
07-20-2006, 05:38 PM
My grades have gone way down this year 'cause I don't care. Actually, they've only gone down in subjects I've always hated. So who cares? I could get a D in Physics and honestly be happy with it next year. xD

Any exams I've done this year have meant nothing (which is partly the reason that I did crap in a few of them)... apart from the three GCSEs. Oh, piss, I really should have revised.

Sleep, pay attention, revise/study, etc. Or give up and accept that you're a failure. :p

Peegee
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM

problem found :D

Decessus
07-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I never studied in my life (mabey once or twice), played video games every day and as long as I desire, and procrastinate until the last day, but I still have a 3.9 to 4.0 out of 4.0 GPA.

Avarice-ness
07-21-2006, 08:45 AM
You're grades are going down because you're making a topic asking why your grades are going down.

That should be a very rhetorical question. =[ No.. You need to learn time management. Speed work, and if you had A's then you shouldn't have been playing games anyway. But if you had C's or B's. then do half the work and play your video games. Or do all the work and stay up all night. No one needs to listen to lecturing. That's why everyone sleeps in class, silly child. :D

(CECIL120X
08-02-2006, 05:38 PM

problem found :D

so drugs are good for you or not

ljkkjlcm9
08-02-2006, 05:47 PM
my grades have been going down because I'm studying difficult material in college, I work my arse off and still struggle sometimes. GOD, engineering is no fun... sigh

but it is also very true about how good you are at taking tests. Because I've always sucked at taking tests. I've literally taught my friends entire subjects and they do better than me on tests, even though I understood the material far better. Sometimes life just sucks like that.

THE JACKEL

(CECIL120X
08-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I guess I have hard teachers.

The Unknown Guru
08-23-2006, 12:37 AM
My grades have been going dow, but I know that games are not responsible. It starts to happen when there is no fun to put into the work tank.

feona17
08-23-2006, 01:14 AM
I've been getting not so great grades lately, and it's only 'cause I don't study or do my homework regularly.

Everyone thinks that if you don't have homework for a class for a month, you don't have to worry about it for that month... but the truth is, you should be reviewing it at least every other day until it becomes a part of you.

When exam day comes, you're like, "this is smurfing bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif" and you're done in no time. While I know this, I still procrasinate... a lot.

Also, grades really depend on if you are nice in class, you hand in every single assignment and all that jazz. You can be a dumbsmurf and still pass with good grades.

Vikeve
08-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Stop playing videogames during the school week and make a spacific time where you start your homework. That should help.

Also my teacher told us that each time you get into the next grade you need to put in more effort. For example in the 6th grade you may get straight as then comes the 7th grade but you dont put in more effort in work so those As turn into Bs and im sure you get the point of what im sayin. Cuz if you dont then your just dumb and thats your problem all together.

ofcourse thats about all the advice i can give you follow this and you'll do great. But if your like me you'll be lazy and get straight Cs. Im lazy and thats my problem, actually this thread reminded me i have a book report due and i havent started the book like my mom thinks i have.

BizarroSephiroth
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I was wondering why my grades are going down(i used to be a straight a student)....i think its because video games. have you guys had the same thing happen to u guys. Of course i stay up to beat a part of a game but i always stay up late and my grades have gone to As to A,B, and Cs. and by the way i dont do drugs.

Same here. In 5th grade i was a straight A student, then when i got a PS2
in 6th grade i was straight B's, then in 7th, all C's and D's. So i got my computer and PS2 taken away and i was straight A's again.

(CECIL120X
09-07-2006, 11:38 PM
so i guess it depends on the person THE END

oddler
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Grades have little to do with actual intelligence. EPILOGUE.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Why are my grades going down?

You're getting dumber.

No. This is not acceptable. Even in GC. ~ Leeza

Dignified Pauper
09-08-2006, 01:01 AM
old thread revival!

This is a spam post that is absolutely not necessary. ~ Leeza

bipper
09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
old thread revival!

yes, this thread comes back once every two weeks,. Kill it plz.

And kids, don't let Dig Paups tutor you. That was the originoal posters problem. He ended up failing at life, thanks alot DP. :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Why are my grades going down?

You're getting dumber.

No. This is not acceptable. Even in GC. ~ Leeza

Sarcasm maybe?

Shaun
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
I've never been an academic success, but I have my reasons that don't regard video games. Still, I got above average at GCSE, I think. It annoys me when people say they get straight As (yes, not A's) and can't even punctuate a sentence, let alone get the sentence structure correct or even the spelling.

oddler
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I've never been an academic success, but I have my reasons that don't regard video games. Still, I got above average at GCSE, I think. It annoys me when people say they get straight As (yes, not A's) and can't even punctuate a sentence, let alone get the sentence structure correct or even the spelling.

Will you be my friend? I failed English in 11th grade but that doesn't mean that I don't comprehend it.

Shaun
09-08-2006, 04:12 PM

Will you be my friend? I failed English in 11th grade but that doesn't mean that I don't comprehend it.

Sure! You should send me a PM, or if you use MSN Messenger add me there. It seems you only use AIM though.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm a straight A student and I never do work. One of the perks of sleeping with aaaaaall the teachers.

Dignified Pauper
09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm a straight A student and I never do work. One of the perks of sleeping with aaaaaall the teachers.

I couldn't agree moar. Sleeping is probably the best way to maintain grades because sleeping helps with your memory majorly.

I hardly ever did homework, mainly because we hardly had any and never turned it in if we did, other than chem, which was a pain.

That, and well, i'm an adept learner. If I could, I'd be a scholar, but that costs way too much.

(CECIL120X
11-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Stop posting.

why? is it because this thread been done before

The Devil Man
11-25-2006, 09:05 PM

Stop posting.

why? is it because this thread been done before

:lol:

Say bye-bye to this Thread, Cecil! Da Padlocks will be comin' out very soon!

Psychotic
11-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Why won't you let this poor thread die?